Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The murderer likely took a souvenir from the crime scene, according to the document, and it “appeared the girls’ bodies were moved and staged.” The redacted search warrant didn’t specify what was missing and noted that the “rest of their clothing was recovered.” There were no signs of a “struggle or fight.”

The agent suspected the murderer physically removed something or took photos to “memorialize the crime scene.” Crime scene investigators also recovered unknown fibers and unidentified hairs.

In the article I read it was lack of evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt" if we are getting technical meaning they don't think those would stick. It also states that they are asking to change some charges to lesser level offenses.

"Prosecutors are also asking a judge to amend more than a dozen charges against Kline. The request includes downgrading several counts from a level 4 to a level 5 felony or level 5 to level 6."

Downgrading charges are done in plea deals. Interesting. Imo.

I can't remember, but trying to save posts just in case. :) Here is KAK's thread. In retrospect, we may have been asked to keep his info on his thread? Does anyone know?

He is connected to Libby though. Imo.

Motion Filed
Request by the Sheriff of Carroll County, Indiana to Transfer Inmate from the Custody of the Sheriff to the Custody of the Indiana Department of Corrections for Safekeeping filed.
Filed By:
Carroll County Sheriff's Department
File Stamp:
11/03/2022
11/03/2022Order Issued
Order Re: Sheriff's Request for Safekeeping entered, per form.
Judicial Officer:
Diener, Benjamin A.
Noticed:
McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed:
Allen, Richard M.
Noticed:
Carroll County Sheriff's Department
Order Signed:
11/03/2022
I thought RA had been moved to White Co? I suppose he's still officially in Carroll Co. Sheriff custody, though?

Last edited:
I agree, tips received after someone is charged have to dealt with cautiously.

I would guess what LE is looking for goes back to the “somebody knows something” involving hold back information never publicly released. Such as details RA might’ve shared during casual interactions with others about the murders that can be proven to be actual knowledge as opposed to speculation.

ETA: After crime scene details are publicly released, the opportunity to seek inside knowledge tips is lost.

JMO
Agree, absolutely. Not just that, though: "tips" might include people calling to say "A half dozen times in the Fall of 2016 and again that spring, I saw (person's name) wandering around the High Bridge trails dressed in a plastic coverall and goggles, carrying a machete and a sawed-off shotgun, with a baby goat under his jacket. It was a really cute kid-goat and lots of young girls followed him to play with the goat." Information like that could certainly be relevant, and prosecutors might want to know that for the trial.

Someone mentioned being curious about why the FBI seems to have “bolted.” I share that curiosity but wonder if it has to do with the unrelated mess the FBI field office seems to find itself in these days. This news broke in summer 2021 I think. When did they start keeping a much lower profile in Delphi?
Highly possible. If you remember, the general public was sleuthing everyone who stood out, in any way. All local criminals, but also, lots of officials, neighbors, LEO, even TL. Someone who lost keys in the search party instantly became a suspect, etc. I think maybe FBI was trying to protect its own from criticism, because what the Nassar scandal showed, essentially, was that no one was perfect, no one was untouchable. While dealing with own inner crisis, least of all they needed any additional accusations of being the Delphi killer. JMO.

To add to it, on another tune - the community definitely owes apologies to all who were publicly accused. Maybe after the trial, but at one point LE has to say they cleared everyone else, too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221102-223030_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221102-223030_Chrome.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited by a moderator:
"The 28-year-old Kline has become synonymous with the Delphi murder investigation after it surfaced that he reportedly used a fake profile to communicate with at least 15 underage girls, including Delphi victim Libby German."

ETA: Link not working to post it, so I copy pasted the whole article.

https://fox59.com/indiana-news/pros...s-upcoming-child-*advertiser censored*-trial/

Prosecutor requests 5 counts to be dismissed in Kegan Kline’s upcoming child *advertiser censored* trial by: Izzy Karpinski Posted: Nov 3, 2022 / 09:59 AM EDT Updated: Nov 3, 2022 / 10:50 AM EDT

MIAMI COUNTY, Ind. — Prosecutors in the upcoming trial for Kegan Kline are asking a judge to drop five out of the 30 child *advertiser censored*-related charges against him.

Court documents filed Wednesday show Chief Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Peter Diedrichs asked the court to dismiss five counts of possession of child *advertiser censored* due to insufficient evidence to “prove said counts beyond a reasonable doubt at trial.”

Kline-Kegan.jpg

Kegan Kline

The 28-year-old Kline has become synonymous with the Delphi murder investigation after it surfaced that he reportedly used a fake profile to communicate with at least 15 underage girls, including Delphi victim Libby German.

Kline is accused of posing as the “anthony_shots” persona to solicit pictures from minors.

He has never been charged or named a suspect in the murders of Libby German and her best friend Abby Williams.

Opera Snapshot_2022-11-03_120019_fox59.com.png

Crews search Wabash River

Over the summer, Indiana State Police searched a section of the Wabash River near Kline’s home in Miami County. Crews were seen using metal detectors and clearing debris along the banks for several weeks. Investigators have yet to release if any evidence was found or what exactly they were looking for in the first place.

As for Kline’s current case, prosecutors are also asking a judge to amend more than a dozen charges. The request includes downgrading several counts from a level 4 to a level 5 felony or level 5 to level 6.

Kline is scheduled for a jury trial in January of 2023.

Last week, police made their first arrest in the Delphi investigation. Delphi resident Richard Allen, 50, was arrested and charged with two counts of felony murder.

Last edited:
Here it is

Delphi suspect Allen to be moved to state facility; judge decries ‘blood lust’ for information

It's odd, certainly. Not sure what these details add in terms of making the case legally sound and durable -- I get that TL is clearly shocked by the seeming inability of his carefully-honed LE antennae to tingle in the presence of RA, but this and some earlier interviews seem like material that belongs in a book written years from now about the case and not now in advance of hearings, etc.

The community is clearly in shock. They are and should be talking to one another -- perhaps not to media in such detail, as serving LE. IMO. Especially given that the AA etc are presently under seal.

I wonder if we'll see some pleas sooner rather than later, or if RA will continue to be uncooperative with LE?
Hey, just wondering how you know that RA is not cooperating with LE, please?

Highly possible. If you remember, the general public was sleuthing everyone who stood out, in any way. All local criminals, but also, lots of officials, neighbors, LEO, even TL. Someone who lost keys in the search party instantly became a suspect, etc. I think maybe FBI was trying to protect its own from criticism, because what the Nassar scandal showed, essentially, was that no one was perfect, no one was untouchable. While dealing with own inner crisis, least of all they needed any additional accusations of being the Delphi killer. JMO.

To add to it, on another tune - the community definitely owes apologies to all who were publicly accused. Maybe after the trial, but at one point LE has to say they cleared everyone else, too.
LE never publicly accused anyone. It was the public that was accusing people through SM constantly. LE was begging people to not publicly accuse anyone as it does significant damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona