Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're assuming RA is connected to KK. I don't think so. MOO

And, yes, *advertiser censored* itself is constitutionally protected. Although i agree that it is as far as the federal govt goes, in my opinion, the states should be able to decide that matter and regulate. But, SCOTUS has spoken and until it's challenged again, that's their decision and so is legal.
HOWEVER... the CHILD version though is illegal.
What you're pointing to about the solicitation of kids online, well, The IMHO majority of that is not the fault of the government, but the fault of PARENTS.
It's parents' responsibility to regulate their children's access to the outside world and to keep them safe. MOO.
There's no way on this planet I'd let my 13 year old have ANY SM (i have a 13 yr old right now) much less snap chat...just from what I know from my own colleagues and experience with the dangers of that. But I'm a lone bird amongst many of own friends who think that's cruel these days and that it amounts to sheltering my kiddo. I don't care. It's not happening. Most of them do not even monitor their kids devices.
But that's the problem, it seems a great many parents just follow the crowd and I would say they are unaware of the problem, but in my experience, they are very aware. Imo They just don't think it can happen to them. Because their kid is a good kid who would never do anything like that.
So while LE can have all these online stings, watch the dark web until the cows come home, IMO, their jobs will remain difficult as long as parents aren't doing theirs.
MOO but it is no different than if parents just let their kids roam the streets unsupervised at night, with access to the whole wild world. LE'S job would get a lot tougher.
And you know what we'd do? Probably start penalizing the parents. Maybe that's something to be looked into in the online world.
Idj know the answer. But I know what it's not. That's fixing l giving the govt MORE power. IMO.

I think it would have been easier for the investigators if RA and KAK were connected, because both predators are in jail, case closed. However, remembering all the story from the beginning, in 2017, I tend to agree with you, that probably KAK and RA are not connected. I still don’t know the true reason for the murders (DC says the story is complicated - this I believe. But then everyone involved has to be behind bars).

Two options - if RA is a killer with a sexual motive, then one should look for prior murders.

If there are none, I don’t discount the option that the murders were persons-specific, but not necessarily for sexual gratification.

All is just MOO, and JMO x 2.

ETA: I understand all those here who say we as yet have no evidence as to why RA has been arrested. That's true, but IMO it's a moot point. I live in a different state and won't be on the jury. That's where evidence should be revealed, in court before a judge and jury, not by us, the public. Moo.
(snipped for focus)

I hear you, but regardless of where one lives, I think, in my opinion, that we all have an interest in justice being carried out in a Constitutional manner in every state. It's why President Grant sent the Army in to suppress the Ku Klux Klan and federal marshals walked Ruby Bridges into William Frantz Elementary School. As an American, my interest in justice for other Americans does not end at the water's edge of my state's border.

I do.
But I know why he was arrested, because we know what's in the charging document. Two counts of felony murder regarding Abigail Williams and Liberty German.
There IS probable cause, which is submitted to the court, not to me. I don't need to know anything further until such time as there is a trial or confession.

Jmo
No, I think you know what he what he charged with, but not what he was arrested for or why. You don't know whether he is alleged to be the actual killer or facilitator or getaway driver.

Actually, if you think about it, we don't have one legal piece of evidence that he was arrested for the deaths of Abby and Libby.

We have the word of cops and prosecutors.

(snipped for focus)

I hear you, but regardless of where one lives, I think, in my opinion, that we all have an interest in justice being carried out in a Constitutional manner in every state. It's why President Grant sent the Army in to suppress the Ku Klux Klan and federal marshals walked Ruby Bridges into William Frantz Elementary School. As an American, my interest in justice for other Americans does not end at the water's edge of my state's border.

I hear you, as well, but that was not my implication. I am not saying I only care what happens in my state.

Those cases you cite, and there are a million more, are examples of federal issues such as civil rights and hate crimes. They require a federal response. They affect entire populations within the United States.

I certainly do care what happens anywhere in my country. I care about what happens in the world.

My point is that this is a crime committed by a person within one state; if there is a trial it will be in that state, I will not be called upon to be a juror in such a trial, and therefore I don't personally feel that I need to be informed of evidence that a judge, LE and DA from that state feel is better to keep sealed for now.

Very different.

At this time, we don't need anything. A judge and a prosecutor have seen the probable cause and have validated that it meets the legal standards for arresting/filing charges. They have crossed their T's and dotted their I's, and did not prematurely put his name out to the public. The media was not driving any narrative in the arrest of RA.
This is a complete contrast to Richard Jewell, where only a search warrant was done on an apartment. He was not falsely accused or arrested, except for by the media and court of public opinion. MOO
And how do you know that? We won't even have proof of that until November 22

You raise an interesting point IMO - I hunted around for an example of a probable cause affidavit and this link has a 6 page affidavit for the arrest of the woman involved in the boy in the suitcase (also Indiana)

It is redacted and quite detailed. If the Delphi suspect's PCA is as detailed, I can see why it is sealed (so far).

JMO
Actually, this is a fundamental question. If they can't release a redacted PC then what's the real reason they are holding back?

Ultimately, if he is guilty and there is a co-conspirator, the co-conspirator knows RA has been arrested and probably know the evidence better than the cops. The fact of his arrest would be the only tipoff they'd need.

Perhaps I've spent too much time in a world where people classify documents to hide embarrassing secrets (think Pentagon Papers) but I would not put it past them to hide the PC because it's thin

I hear you, as well, but that was not my implication. I am not saying I only care what happens in my state.

Those cases you cite, and there are a million more, are examples of federal issues such as civil rights and hate crimes. They require a federal response. They affect entire populations within the United States.

I certainly do care what happens anywhere in my country. I care about what happens in the world.

My point is that this is a crime committed by a person within one state; if there is a trial it will be in that state, I will not be called upon to be a juror in such a trial, and therefore I don't personally feel that I need to be informed of evidence that a judge, LE and DA from that state feel is better to keep sealed for now.

Very different.
I get what you are saying -- you don't need to be informed because you will not sit on the jury and be a trier of facts. What I am saying is that the reason to release information has nothing to do with the jury.

Those cases I mentioned involve the People of the entire Untied States, through the Excecutive Branch, intervening in state judicial affairs. It doesn't just happen in civil rights or criminal justice -- it happens with the environment, trade, maritime and in all sorts of other ways.

And what I mean by that, is we will all have an interest in the affairs of other states, towns, cities and counties.

LE has no power to seal records

The Judge decides whether to do it. IMO the public would really only need to start worrying if there was a trend in Judge's sealing proceedings without good grounds.
Whose to say what his grounds were since he did not have a hearing

Iirc Abby on bridge was 2:06?

Mr Patty is said to call/text Libby 3:15?no response. I think the girls were murdered by then.

Or very soon after, I agree. It was pretty fast. Relatively.

I think he will plead guilty and get life without parole to avoid being put on death row. That may not happen for some time though maybe late on next year. I read a comment from someone with a legal background that allegedly in the state of Indiana even if he accepts a plea deal the prosecution still need to have hearings outlining the charges that have been made against him and provide details of the plea agreement that he may have been offered and wished to accept. Then after hearing all the information they legally require to make an informed and lawful decision the Judge decides whether or not to approve or deny the plea agreement.

“The Indiana Supreme Court is in the process of appointing Allen County Superior Court Judge Fran Gull as special judge in the case after Carroll Circuit Court Judge Benjamin Diener’s recusal, spokeswoman Kathryn Dolan said.”

“A Fort Wayne man who once faced 13 charges related to child molesting has avoided time in prison after pleading guilty to two counts of sexual misconduct with a minor.

Allen Superior Court Judge Fran Gull sentenced 49-year-old Steven Wells to a three-year suspended prison sentence and ordered him to spend four years on probation, as called for in a plea agreement he reached with prosecutors.

Court records state Wells admitted to having sex with a 14-year-old girl and abusing a 13-year-old girl who has the mental capacity of a 7-year-old. The abuse happened between 2012 and 2016.”

Do you think it likely special Judge Frances C. Gull will remain the Judge for the duration of the legal process in the Delphi murder case? I’m concerned about the very lenient plea agreement approved in the case above and that Prosecutors did not seek a much more severe sentence. Understandably there has been a lot of criticism for this plea deal and a petition is still online for people to sign to try and get it overturned.
Oh my gosh!! Sorry, but the breath actually left my chest for a moment, I am shocked. In my opinion, also; that's very lenient.

Actually, this is a fundamental question. If they can't release a redacted PC then what's the real reason they are holding back?

Ultimately, if he is guilty and there is a co-conspirator, the co-conspirator knows RA has been arrested and probably know the evidence better than the cops. The fact of his arrest would be the only tipoff they'd need.

Perhaps I've spent too much time in a world where people classify documents to hide embarrassing secrets (think Pentagon Papers) but I would not put it past them to hide the PC because it's thin
This idea that the affidavit is sealed because it's weak, is complete nonsense IMO. I've seen that sentiment expressed everywhere.

I've followed multiple cases where the arrest affidavit was sealed, and the majority have been slam dunk cases.

If you're investigating the possibility of another perpetrator, the last thing you want is to provide them with details that could destroy the ability of law enforcement to verify a potential confession.

It would also give this person time to dispose of any evidence that they might not have thought to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow