Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two Questions.

1.) What might have initially tipped LE to RA’s identity?
a. DNA - A blood relative (cousin, daughter, etc.) took a DNA test and LE traced back his family tree.
b. He anonymously posted one of the posed shots on one of those sites and LE traced it back to him.
c. KK gave him up.
d. ???

2.) What incriminating evidence might LE have found as a result of the search at RA’s home?
a. The posed shots of the victims on a thumb drive or in the Recently Viewed file on his phone, computer or IPad.
b. The two items of clothing with the victims’ blood.
c. A knife with a spot of the victims’ blood.
d. ???
2. badge used to trick/coerce victims to comply

Very strange. Logistically, however, how does one find a lawyer if his family is not visiting and he doesn’t have instant access to cash? Maybe no access to internet either? Would one gets a public defender and ask him to help find a well-known lawyer? I would not be surprised if people refuse to be appointed public defenders for him; as to well-known lawyers, it is such a dirty case, that they might be unwilling, too.

But - something needs to be done; the longer he has no lawyer, the less credibility to the process.

There may be one more situation: RA is in need of acute psychiatric care, be it for detox or mental issues or both. This is not impossible and might create a lot of problems, including where to keep him. JMO, I have no clue what the reality is, just trying to imagine what might be happening to him, basing on very limited information I have.
Could RA be deliberately delaying proceedings by saying he's going to get his own council but not looking or agreeing to proposed defenders ?

Could RA be deliberately delaying proceedings by saying he's going to get his own council but not looking or agreeing to proposed defenders ?
Anything is possible. What is his end game goal? To reassure the guards that he is OK and then off himself? To get transferred to a prison hospital? Or maybe, it is honestly hard to find a lawyer for this case.

Anything is possible. What is his end game goal? To reassure the guards that he is OK and then off himself? To get transferred to a prison hospital? Or maybe, it is honestly hard to find a lawyer for this case.
Yes, that has crossed my mind aswell about him ending it all. I imagine he is having trouble finding a lawyer willing to do it for free.

I'm not so sure he was trying to make himself look taller but I could be wrong. Just to be clear, I've never had a mugshot taken of me so this is MOO and not from experience! lol

But I'm thinking they are instructed to stand up straight and not slouch. That's where I'm placing my bets. Does anyone know for sure? :)
Check your DMV photo. Government photo. MOO

I’m going to guess not much, if anything, will be unsealed/released after the hearing.

If this is the case, I wholeheartedly support this decision, as what matters most is the successful prosecution of the perp(s) responsible for killing Abby & Abby. I hope that nothing happens that could compromise this.

The initial statements may have been based upon proximity to the event, where the event did not appear immediately related to social media. As information (evidence and inference) is developed over time, then the analytical model changes.
Yes, but to say it had nothing to do with social media and that be the story for years wasn’t true. They didn’t know early on if it had a social media connection or not- they should have said they didn’t know. So they were saying 14 yr old girls with a phone don’t share interests, daily activities and possible location and relationships on a phone- and adults know everything they do. Anyone who was a 14 yr old girl or has a teen girl knows the possibility of a social media connection has to be true. Libby had a phone- she took a picture of Abby on the bridge and posted it on that day

Very strange. Logistically, however, how does one find a lawyer if his family is not visiting and he doesn’t have instant access to cash? Maybe no access to internet either? Would one gets a public defender and ask him to help find a well-known lawyer? I would not be surprised if people refuse to be appointed public defenders for him; as to well-known lawyers, it is such a dirty case, that they might be unwilling, too.

But - something needs to be done; the longer he has no lawyer, the less credibility to the process.

There may be one more situation: RA is in need of acute psychiatric care, be it for detox or mental issues or both. This is not impossible and might create a lot of problems, including where to keep him. JMO, I have no clue what the reality is, just trying to imagine what might be happening to him, basing on very limited information I have.
If he needed psychiatric care/detox he would be kept in the prison infirmary possibly with suicide precautions.

If he needed psychiatric care/detox he would be kept in the prison infirmary possibly with suicide precautions.

Yes, but not every county jail has the facility. In fact, sometimes it is the opposite, a state psychiatric hospital with a "jail" unit on its premises, for lack of a better term. I wonder if several transfers were for several different reasons. JMO. As I have said, I have no clue about his situation, save for only what is openly published.

I think it would have been easier for the investigators if RA and KAK were connected, because both predators are in jail, case closed. However, remembering all the story from the beginning, in 2017, I tend to agree with you, that probably KAK and RA are not connected. I still don’t know the true reason for the murders (DC says the story is complicated - this I believe. But then everyone involved has to be behind bars).

Two options - if RA is a killer with a sexual motive, then one should look for prior murders.

If there are none, I don’t discount the option that the murders were persons-specific, but not necessarily for sexual gratification.

All is just MOO, and JMO x 2.
If there is no link between KK and RA then the timing of RA arrest is interesting, because it followed quickly from the search in the river that happened when KK was let out to guide LE. Aso, if there is no connection then how did RA know the girls were at the bridge? Was it a crime of opportunity, they just happened to show up and meet a premeditated killer and he didn’t know they were there? Doesn’t make sense

Oh my gosh!! Sorry, but the breath actually left my chest for a moment, I am shocked. In my opinion, also; that's very lenient.
Agree, if this is very lenient. I don’t think he will plead guilty, I think he is that kind of sick guy who thinks he can win a case and get off.
I hope his ego won’t let him make a guilty plea, so he can get the death penalty

If there is no link between KK and RA then the timing of RA arrest is interesting, because it followed quickly from the search in the river that happened when KK was let out to guide LE. Aso, if there is no connection then how did RA know the girls were at the bridge? Was it a crime of opportunity, they just happened to show up and meet a premeditated killer and he didn’t know they were there? Doesn’t make sense
Im nearly 100% certain KK turned RA in for his own advantage.

Sure, coincidents happen, but this would be the most improbable one ever - for me, I hurry to add.

Moo

Last edited:
I do not know how a DA decides what to use during a trial.
I’m a mom of two teens, if a DA chose to openly display gruesome images of deceased teen girls and I could not clearly see the need or purpose- I would have issues.
If it were my child and there was another way to solidify conviction- make that choice.
At some point when the trial is over these families of Abby and Libby should be able to grieve, heal, and move forward. How could they if images of these murdered children suddenly became commonplace around the world?
We know there are monsters out there that would do exactly that

I’m trying to remember a suspect wearing body armor, I can’t remember any. We’ve all seen them protected from themselves in turtle suits, but not body armor.
For me, I can’t blame the public, especially in and around the community of Delphi. He walked among them for over five years. That is brazen, insulting, and sick
Colorado: P. Frazee
Was wearing a bulletproof vest.
Colorado: B. Morphew
There seemed to be a bulletproof vest underneath his shirt one time.

Yes, that has crossed my mind aswell about him ending it all. I imagine he is having trouble finding a lawyer willing to do it for free.
Public defenders in capital cases are compensated per Rule 24. If RA has not yet been assigned counsel, the state may be looking at the current caseloads of qualified attorneys in order to make an assignment.

jmo

right.. so all along he was going to frame his father like he indicated all along.. but was keeping the actual killer for a spare !!
the two incidents are unrelated and its part why le don't want to hasten the exposure of information yet ..KAK involvement didnt make sense in the first place
Ok.
You might be right.
I haven't followed this case regularly, so I miss a lot of info.

I’m adding the whole quote I referred to, from the video I just posted, here for others, to clarify my remarks, as we were both paraphrasing, & that can introduce confusion! At about the 11 min mark DC says: “I believe in the probable cause. I’ve read it multiple times. I believe in that probable cause. & I believe in its outcome. So I believe, in some semblance of a short amount of time, it will be up to the courts, it will be up to the judge, but that answer will be in due time.”

I know this group is definitely divided on whether there were others involved! I hear you. Reasonable minds may differ & all that. I personally still tend to think others may be involved in some capacity. I believe he acted alone that day, but I haven’t yet entirely discounted the “ring” aspect. I’m totally open to changing my mind though & I actually hope I’m wrong. JMO
It was strange because when asked if RA is the guy on the bridge, DC replied that is something we'll find out (when PC is unsealed), but when asked if they got their guy, it was a resounding yes.

ETA: I do think RA is the BG. I'm just curious why LE can't outright say he's the guy on the bridge.

Last edited:
In my opinion, all the talk about delays and RA getting an attorney is premature. Continuances have to be expected and are the norm. Eventually, he will be appointed/hire an attorney, they aren't moving ahead without him being represented.

Consider that KAK has been in custody for over 2 yrs, and might go to trial in Jan '23. It would seem that the prosecutor hasn't been preparing for the past 2 years as they just now dropped 5 iffy charges.

The below Indiana murder defendant was found guilty by a jury, but only after almost 2 years of delays. The courts are still backlogged and still affected by Covid. Also, note postponed for negotiations but ended up in trial.
Williams' trial has been postponed multiple times, including to allow for negotiations between the defense and prosecutors.
State of Indiana v. JOHN LOREN WILLIAMS

64D02-2007-MR-005252

Court
Porter Superior Court 2
Case Type
MR - Murder
Filed
07/14/2020
Status
04/27/2022, Decided
Charges
35-42-1-1(2): Murder,