OK OK - Stephen “Steve” Lee Murphy, last seen in Claremore sometime in 1976, not reported missing until July 2022

I apologize, I have no business saying this, but I honestly can’t understand why your family is doing this too you! Perfect strangers are on here offering you all kinds of advice and research help. You got lucky with them.

Have you seen the military records? Don’t rule anything out until you see proof. One small mistake by someone can make a huge difference in a case.
I’ve researched this to death and didn’t notice the date discrepancy until now either. So, that makes me question, if no one heard from him since 1976…how did grandma know he joined the military and went AWOL?
I'm going by what the one detective told me about his discharge. I haven't been able to get his records. Now this other detective is waiting for the records. I do know that in June 1975 when he got married the marriage license was certified copy to the VA. As for his mother knowing he went AWOL (whenever that actually happened) I have no idea. I also don't understand why didn't never looked for her own child or cared.

I apologize, I have no business saying this, but I honestly can’t understand why your family is doing this too you! Perfect strangers are on here offering you all kinds of advice and research help. You got lucky with them.
I don't know why my family doesn't care or want to help. But I am truly greatful for all the advice and help that I have received from everyone. I always get something new and different to try in my search. I appreciate all of you and your hard work. Thank you.

I don't know why my family doesn't care or want to help. But I am truly greatful for all the advice and help that I have received from everyone. I always get something new and different to try in my search. I appreciate all of you and your hard work. Thank you.
Oh, I didn’t put that out there for you to thank anyone! I am truly bewildered by their lack of help! I just don’t get it!

Neither do I. I really don't understand his side of the family.
Working in genealogy with adoptees searching for answers has left me feeling similarly about many families... both biological and adopted. I very much wish the world were kinder to everyone. I'm sorry you're struggling so far to find your truth, but I wish you all the answers.

I tried to obtain his birth certificate, I wasn't able to get it since I'm not sure if he is alive or dead. I have the marriage license. Plus the divorce file. I tried searching newspapers and there was nothing listed about him at all.
Have you uploaded your DNA to GED match?

Working in genealogy with adoptees searching for answers has left me feeling similarly about many families... both biological and adopted. I very much wish the world were kinder to everyone. I'm sorry you're struggling so far to find your truth, but I wish you all the

Working in genealogy with adoptees searching for answers has left me feeling similarly about many families... both biological and adopted. I very much wish the world were kinder to everyone. I'm sorry you're struggling so far to find your truth, but I wish you all the answers.
Thank you. I believe I will get some answers. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Thank you. I believe I will get some answers. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
I think and hope that as well. Often it just takes just one little piece of info in puzzles like this one to shake everything loose and into a clearer picture. Keeping you in my thoughts and periodically just working on the tree to see if I can find anything to help you.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back