Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically though would anybody in the investigation jeopardize the case by leaking this stuff to a YouTuber?

Moo

No. However, I think LE doesn’t want anyone to know who was the source of the tip, if any, and so, we shall never know. It doesn’t matter much as long as they have the right guy. This remains to be proven. Or not.

The tools were allegedly stolen from under a bridge where RA and a friend were doing some sort of repair work. There were photos on a now deleted FB page. I will not disclose more as it's against the rules.

It reminded me of a phrase of DC, about Mary Gerard’s Reserve “even the first time when he was looking at it…yeah”.

I still don’t know what it means, unless RA was “hunting” for victims for a few days?

I don’t think RA is close to KK, but he might be peripherally linked to other people who were on the suspect list, and accidentally popped up when their alibi was checked again? Just my opinion, one of potential versions.

It reminded me of a phrase of DC, about Mary Gerard’s Reserve “even the first time when he was looking at it…yeah”.

I still don’t know what it means, unless RA was “hunting” for victims for a few days?

I don’t think RA is close to KK, but he might be peripherally linked to other people who were on the suspect list, and accidentally popped up when their alibi was checked again? Just my opinion, one of potential versions.
Apparently he came forward as being in the trail that day. IIRC the was early days and there was a police statement they found the man they were looking for and he was not involved.

What if...RA went to LE and put himself on the paths that day and he's the one who provided the info for the second sketch, the one that didn't look like bridge guy.
That sketch witness came forward almost immediately, sketch was done by 2/17/17.
IIRC RA came forward a week later,

Last edited:
One wonders… in fact, this case became big not without direct involvement of DC and ISP. Perhaps more business-like people would have been more demure. (To me, Weld County DA Michael Rourke in Chris Watts’ case seemed the epitome of professionalism, but it catapulted him nowhere, although he is still widely respected, hardworking DA, as it seems.)

I was thinking today, kudos to DC, whose eccentricity made a tiny rural county in American heartland so well-known.

If they want to keep the case as high profile as it used to be, they probably should nominate a well-known and a darn good attorney as public defender. Also eccentric, dramatic, histrionic, sort of a Hoosier Kardashian. That will really attract attention to the case.

JMO. Self-promotion works well for this country.
MOI Has to be death penalty attorney, so yes.

Apparently he came forward as being in the trail that day. IIRC the was early days and there was a police statement they found the man they were looking for and he was not involved.
Ah, I remember, they said that they cleared the source of the video, or something. So he had an alibi…that was very convincing.
ETA: just a thought. Listened to MS podcast today. RA’s wife knew he was investigated as one of the people on the bridge that day, she told some people in Peru, but in a different form. I assume RA told to other people he was on the bridge that day, and was cleared. When lie becomes your reality, you have to remember very well what you said to whom. What if later he accidentally, in a conversation with someone, blew up his own alibi?

Last edited:
This is just my own speculation, of course, but when L captured BG walking on the bridge, I don't think it was overtly obvious to him that he was being filmed. In the the DTH podcast that has been linked several times lately, LE tells us the video is 43 seconds and "G...DTH" is at the very end. It therefore doesn't seem there is footage of anything after that on L's phone (that we know of). He orders them down the hill and the video stops. She could have dropped her phone right there, near the south end of the bridge, or at any point between. Only LE knows where it was found. It's nice to think L left the phone purposefully, as a bread crumb, but my feeling is that she still didn't know at that point that she was going to die, so she likely would have kept her phone on her unless she dropped it by accident or during the crime itself. Who knows, the killer maybe didn't even think to take it, or he knocked it out of her hand to keep her from trying to call for help. We just don't know, but I don't think the phone was of any significance to the killer in that moment, because he didn't know he was on it.
I wouldn't think she would drop her phone purposely, very early on, because she probably hoped to call for help.

Complete speculation. He posted a photo from MHB back in June. MS and Fox59 say that someone “associated with the case” (careful to not call them an investigator or detective) was reviewing old evidence over the summer and came across the tip. Then PH makes the post about someone going to jail in early October just a few days before the search warrant happened.
I wonder if Paul Holes used the DNA from the case and had his people do a familial search, like they did with Golden State Killer case? It may have pointed to RA's family and they'd have recognised that he was at the bridge that day.

I like Gull already. Straightforward and keeping it simple.
I have some concerns about this judge. When I first looked into her, this case came up. Many people have protested this lenient decision she made:

WALKING FREE Paedo dad who raped teen daughters – including disabled girl – DODGES jail after judge’s lenient sentence

I can sort of understand how these sick people can behave normally before and after they commit these despicable crimes. I believe part of that is because they believe they will never be caught. They can slide on back to their life as a friendly face, a pillar of the community. A 'wouldn't hurt a fly' character.
But when that video and voice recording surfaced I'm pretty sure there would have been a very noticeable change in his behaviour. He must have been expecting the police to coming knocking at his door minutes after it was released, such was the level of footage! Surely his family ,friends and colleagues would have suspected something.

It is quite astounding that this has taken so long

Would it be enough to tell a judge that he inserted himself into the investigation by reporting himself as being there that day? I'd love to see whatever LE wrote down about him being there that day!
I'm still shocked that they, apparently, didn't take his DNA when he came forward to admit he was on the bridge that fatal day. I assumed they took DNA from all males who resembled BG and were known to be at the scene of the crime at the time it went down.

I wouldn't think she would drop her phone purposely, very early on, because she probably hoped to call for help.

That’s actually a good point - how was reception on the bridge as I would have thought she would have dropped called one of her family?

Just call the number and stick the phone in her pocket and then whoever answered could hear what was going on. So that brings up reception in that area.

I'm still shocked that they, apparently, didn't take his DNA when he came forward to admit he was on the bridge that fatal day. I assumed they took DNA from all males who resembled BG and were known to be at the scene of the crime at the time it went down.
He most likely duped them, acting as a concerned member of the public. If the officer he spoke to was inexperienced he probably fell for his act.

Even if he didn’t read a word of the warrant… he knows what he did* & what sort of charges he’ll be facing. He doesn’t need to see what they’ve already figured out in order to know what’s ahead of him! So so bizarre.

I’d have thought he’d run too, but gotta figure LE was watching & he wouldn’t get anywhere… surely they could at least get that right. But he could’ve ended his own life in those 10 days & I’m surprised he doesn’t seem to have tried.

* Errrr … I think he knows what he did? He kinda seems sunk deep in denial, but can it possibly go that deep???
I am just as perplexed, does his lack of reaction hint of an ego?
Is he a Mr. Brooks- the smartest man in the courtroom? No, he begged for an attorney.
But how brazen does five years living and working in Delphi make him? Did he want to get caught? Cuffs have a way of yanking some into reality, and the death penalty may sink in to a man who targeted young girls. And threats to his life can’t make a little man brave.
It could be that he is a one off perp, who thought he would be caught years ago, and now he has his significance? Arrest may be a relief? I hope he is daily soiling his skivies!
JMO

Pat Brown- Criminal Profiler does an analysis that is pretty interesting

The fact the arrest wasn't instant off the back of the search warrant makes me think whatever was the 'gotcha' was either electronic and needed digital forensics, DNA match or similar. And that there was no literal smoking gun. Potentially he might not have known the extent of what's possible with digital forensics, or the possibility for DNA or something didn't click in his head.

Just me speculating.
It is possible it was digital forensics, or DNA- but something supported the search warrant.

So why digital forensics now? What is the new thing found in a five year investigation?
Why DNA now? A recent sample from him, or a new DNA test available. What pointed to RA?

I still think the timing of the Wabash river search and KK seems close to this search and arrest. Could something new have been processed from the river, connected to the scene and somehow connected to RA- that supported the search warrant.
Then something found in his home Linked RA to this item?

The arrest was within 10 days of the search warrant of his home- so I agree with you that leaves time for some kind of analysis, or they were in no hurry as they didn’t think he would run. So it maybe both, a smoking gun and something analyzed.
There were no lesser charges, straight to double homicide with no bond, that sounds like pretty damning evidence to me
Interesting!
JMHO

I have a question for you. If you had done something very bad and LE arrived with a search warrant, what would you think? What would you do?
Options I see IMO
- Attempt to flee knowing fleeing is temporary as I’m likely being watched.

- Take my own life, to avoid responsibility and scrutiny, and save face and control.

- Sit and wait, make up some story to the wife, she’s believed me all this time. I’m still the smartest sob in the area and the last five years shows that fact, and skeletons could be found in my closet and in other closets in other cities. Fight fight fight, I know nothing, never was there, am being framed, who are Libby and Abby? I’m not Richard Allen

- Sit and wait crapping in pants, confess to the wife because I need her support, the vultures circling and realize it is time to pay the piper, and skeletons will be found in closets. Give self up and seek mercy

Last edited:
I wonder if Paul Holes used the DNA from the case and had his people do a familial search, like they did with Golden State Killer case? It may have pointed to RA's family and they'd have recognised that he was at the bridge that day.

But I would have thought that would have been done YEARS ago.

It seems something recently triggered LE into looking specifically at RA.

Options I see IMO
- Attempt to flee knowing fleeing is temporary as I’m likely being watched.

- Take my own life, to avoid responsibility and scrutiny, and save face and control.

- Sit and wait, make up some story to the wife, she’s believed me all this time. I’m still the smartest sob in the area and the last five years shows that fact, and skeletons could be found in my closet and in other closets in other cities. Fight fight fight, I know nothing, never was there, am being framed, who are Libby and Abby? I’m not Richard Allen

- Sit and wait crapping in pants, confess to the wife because I need her support, the vultures circling and realize it is time to pay the piper, and skeletons will be found in closets. Give self up and seek mercy

People can be masterful at lying. They use a half-truth to make it palatable... then extend it further.

For example, let's suppose:

RA gets casually asked by wife after BG photo, video and voice record released that wow, it looks a little like her husband. RA laughs it off and says, "Hey, it's definitely not me... but just to prove it was not me, I will go down to the police department right now and tell them I was on the trail that day but not on the bridge itself and besides it was earlier that morning."

RA instead CALLS police and tells them he was there that early morning but didn't see anything unusual. Then he comes back and LIES to his wife that he went to the police department and told them that he was there, they interviewed him, took a statement and DNA from him. He later LIES AGAIN and tells his wife that the police said they appreciated him coming in and they didn't think he was the killer and the DNA proves it.

Like I said, sadly, LIARS can be very good at what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle