Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also possible he puts himself in the vicinity to cover his tracks of being seen by other witnesses, but never places himself anywhere near the bridge to keep himself distanced from the crime.
yeah, or he could have gone home and changed, and then joined the search party later and talked to LE at that time, looking very different.

Lots of experienced “criminologists” have been saying RMA inserting himself in this way is the most suspicious thing ever … I don’t quite get it!! I mean I take their word for it cuz these are people who know what they’re talking about way more than I do…

but what would he have done differently if he had been on the trails that day but NOT had anything to do with the crime??

If that were me, I’m pretty sure I’d do exactly what he did - go to LE & tell them I was there. even if I had no useful info in mind to give them, I wouldn’t know what they needed! So I’d want them to be able to ask me about anything i might’ve seen or known without realizing it was relevant … JMO this Q has nagged at me for days!
Agreed. If I was on those trails that day, I would notify police what time I was there and who I saw along the way.

<snip>
I-Team 8: Is there any correlation between those charges being dropped and the search that was performed in the Wabash River?

ISP Superintendent Carter: No, absolutely not. I think he was charged with 30 counts, and they have dropped five, so it is 25. So, it is important the case has not been dropped against Kegan Kline

Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter quote from the above linked interview:

"Remember, this case is 2,100 days old, and the facts in their totality will come out at the trial and not until then. I can appreciate the desire for our citizens to have these questions answered, and my response to that is it will come when it will come. It will come, but if any of us said anything, that would be detrimental to the prosecution of the person or persons that killed Abby and Libby..."

So Doug Carter is saying that there may be one or more persons involved in the killing of the girls. I know many have speculated that, but I find it hard to believe. The murders seems like a one man job, because I can not see more than one murderer keep their mouths shut for over five years on a crime of this magnitude.

Even one murderer--Ricky Allen--couldn't keep his mouth shut. In fact, according to the Murder Sheet, Allen went to the police after the murders and told them that he was on the Delphi paths the day the girls were murdered. It was that interview that was FINALLY followed up on several years later, and which led to Allen's arrest. We don't know the details of what Allen said, but likely it is in the sealed probable cause warrent. MOO

Last edited:
I’m starting to have some concerns. When will RA be appointed counsel (assuming that it is found that he does not have the funds to mount a defense)? Will we hear anything from his attorney once he has time to review the PC doc? I know that we as the public are owed zero details. It’s a lot to think that someone just went back into the files and found something that no one else saw, and this brought them to where we are now. Is there adequate evidence that would convince a jury that they have their killer? I just hope that whatever they have, it’s enough, and I want someone other than a judge and LE to agree with that. I’d like an opposing viewpoint to be able to review.

I’m starting to have some concerns. When will RA be appointed counsel (assuming that it is found that he does not have the funds to mount a defense)? Will we hear anything from his attorney once he has time to review the PC doc? I know that we as the public are owed zero details. It’s a lot to think that someone just went back into the files and found something that no one else saw, and this brought them to where we are now. Is there adequate evidence that would convince a jury that they have their killer? I just hope that whatever they have, it’s enough, and I want someone other than a judge and LE to agree with that. I’d like an opposing viewpoint to be able to review.

Clearly enough evidence to get a search warrant in the first place as they don’t just hand them out.

Then enough evidence found to charge him with two counts of murder!

I don’t understand why because the evidence is sealed suddenly it’s a witch hunt.

It’s called protecting the case simple as!!!

bbm
Something to ponder ... I like to assume LE have good evidence.
I'm not opposed to the idea he had some form of help after the fact.

Would he sell his house and most of his belongings to procure a pricey lawyer ?
We'll see.
Or a legal counsel who would step in pro bono ?
Maybe, and maybe not.
This case seems big to me, but it's not as big as some cases have been.

Actually now that I think about it, he can't sell anything from inside jail, not even online; and his family would have to step in.
Somehow I doubt he'll wind up with anything except a public defender.
More problems for RA.
But he has ample time to think it over right now.
M00.
He absolutely has to have help!

Think of this, in “Bridge of Spies”, they showed how Rudolph Abel, the Soviet spy, when uncovered, was given legal counsel, because it was American system. That lawyer, James Donovan, was instrumental in keeping Abel, as “exchange material”.

It is a very American way, and it has to be done. Moreover, with all small-town and flyover-state idiosyncrasies, the LE did a very good thing. Caught a killer who did a nasty thing and had no witnesses to his crime. Few can boast it. So if it is their killer, and they can prove it (I think they can), they need to have the best lawyer and triumph.

And…even if he walks free on some technicalities, but the affidavit looks convincing, RA doesn’t walk far. MOO. No one likes their children killed. He is safer in jail.

Last edited:
emphasis mine.
Lol at the bolded, in a sarcastic way directed only at the alleged perp !
Hahaha !

On a serious note, I fervently hope if he did all of this to the girls and their families... that he doesn't evade justice through some loophole, or pretending to be be insane.
Nothing from what I've gleaned, regarding RA's actions previously -- have indicated any forms of mental blackouts or the type of insanity where a person has no idea what they've done after the act.
He had a job and a decent house and a family, fgs.
Why did he throw it all away ?
Of course there's still a lot we don't know.
And all of my comments directed at RA are allegedly, but I still think LE have arrested their man, and I shudder to think what evidence LE have that we don't know of yet.

Anyone who knew him previously will hopefully come forward with any bit of information.
Maybe he was a stalker or a peeping tom before ?
Or worse ?

It's hard to imagine going from smaller crimes to brutally killing two teens.
And I do believe the crimes against Abby and Libby were brutal, sorry to say.
If this arrest and probable trial reveal other past crimes and closure or answers for another family -- I'm all for it !!!!
M00.
People do things akin to throwing their lives / families away ALL the time. MOO

I don’t understand why because the evidence is sealed suddenly it’s a witch hunt.
Because in 99% (my estimate) of arrests, the arrest warrant is public knowledge. In this case, it is sealed. Presumable for a valid reason, but we don't know that. The arrest warrant was signed, and it was sealed, by a very nervous judge Diener who wrote some very strange things (he said there was a "public bloodlust for information" and a "toxic and harmful insistence on ‘public information’ about Defendant and this case.” in the documents transferring RA from Delphi custody. Then Judge Diener recused himself from the case. Quite unusual in my opinion. And meanwhile, in a potential death penalty case, the defendant sits in isolation, harassed by other prisoners, without an attorney. I think it there is valid cause for concern. MOO

He absolutely has to have help!

Think of this, in “Bridge of Spies”, they showed how Rudolph Abel, the Soviet spy, when uncovered, was given legal counsel, because it was American system. That lawyer, James Donovan, was instrumental in keeping Abel, as “exchange material”.

It is a very American way, and it has to be done. Moreover, with all small-town and flyover-state idiosyncrasies, the LE did a very good thing. Caught a killer who did a nasty thing and had no witnesses to his crime. Few can boast it. So if it is their killer, and they can prove it (I think they can), they need to have the best lawyer and triumph.

You have to understand, even if he walks free on some technicalities, but the affidavit looks convincing, RA doesn’t walk far. MOO. No one likes their children killed. He is safer in jail.
MOO No middle class person has the resources to defend themselves in a homicide case let alone a double homicide.
And the public defender is so necessary otherwise the DA wins conviction whether just no there is no one to question the evidence.

MOO Sealing is such a double edged sword.

British justice was run this way when the US broke away, an arrest simply meant the gallows as no person of modest means could defend themselves.

I don't think we know the exact date that RA went to police to tell them he was on the trails, but the photo of BG was first released on Feb. 15, the day after the bodies were discovered. Unless he went to police on the afternoon of the 14th, or very early on the 15th, I feel fairly confident that RA did not think he had been seen by anyone who would recognize him, because they would have been able to tell LE that he was wearing the same clothes as the man in the bridge photo. And it really does make me wonder back to the early speculations that he might have had something covering his face (not a mask, but like a scarf or something). He had a hat on, his hood up, maybe sunglasses on...

Anyway, DC said in a recent interview with I-Team 8 that he does not regret their strategy of switching to the younger sketch. It's all so very odd. It was said again and again that the sketches were not of the same person, but that when you put them together, the killer might be combination of the two. Two related people are the only way that scenario works, in my mind, but ever since the a_shots release, I've wondered if that second sketch wasn't from something online (but NOT the a_shots male model, imo).
I had been thinking he was seen by someone who recognized him on the trail that day but as you pointed out they would have seen what he was wearing so I’m not to sure he was seen by another witness.

I just listened to the latest MS Pod. They mention that its possible RA came forward himself to police originally as a witness. Then you have DC in the one press conference commenting that "we may have even talked to you before".

Imagine RA was the one who gave the witness information for the sketch?

There is a known phenomenon where people who give fake witness accounts end up making the person they claim to have seen look like themselves, without even realizing it.

I wonder if they made a map, who was where around that bridge, at what time, and either RA’s testimony varied from the reality (if he was seen by a witness, he might have slightly moved time/place, to avoid being shown to her). Either this later was found out, just randomly, or by his cellphone data…

Or the cellphone. He might have said he left his cellphone at home because it was a walk, and later, if he was in a group, someone remembered him having a cellphone, or the mere absence of a cellphone looked suspicious. In my case it would )).

It’s seems kind of shocking that an accused person can be locked up in a possible death penalty case without an attorney representing him for almost a month. Even if he said he would get his own attorney, I think normally a public defender is appointed until that happens (according to Scott Reich of the Crime Talk YouTube/podcast)

I also have a tough time with the government locking up anyone on secret evidence that the public is not allowed to see. I get we don’t need to see all or even most of the evidence, but I would think a minimum to reach probable cause needs to be made public.

MOO
Miranda rights inform the arrested person about their rights including the right to an attorney and will give them one if they ask for one. LE cannot force an inmate to use a public defender if the inmate indicates he/she will get private counsel. This is this inmate's fault that he currently has no lawyer. IMO, he is using this as a delaying tactic. He is playing people when he claims he did not know how much it would cost just to talk to someone. I mean this is only a major case talked about all over the country. I do not think they will give him any info before he has a lawyer with him. He knows what happened. Also, if it is a DP case, the judge will enter a plea of "not guilty."

Because in 99% (my estimate) of arrests, the arrest warrant is public knowledge. In this case, it is sealed. Presumable for a valid reason, but we don't know that. The arrest warrant was signed, and it was sealed, by a very nervous judge Diener who wrote some very strange things (he said there was a "public bloodlust for information" and a "toxic and harmful insistence on ‘public information’ about Defendant and this case.” in the documents transferring RA from Delphi custody. Then Judge Diener recused himself from the case. Quite unusual in my opinion. And meanwhile, in a potential death penalty case, the defendant sits in isolation, harassed by other prisoners, without an attorney. I think it there is valid cause for concern. MOO

The reason it is sealed might have more to do with the girls, why they ended up on the bridge, and the scene of the crime. The LE might be “protecting” something most of us might understand. JMO. Even if the girls went to the bridge for the reason that is too teenager-y (most teenagers are not perfect and it is normal), maybe LE with their old-way mentality thinks they would be less of victims? LEO are 100% wrong, but I wonder if it is DC’s old ways and old thinking. (We all shall understand! Teenagers! Busy parents! We all missed something in our kids’ lives! It doesn’t allow some sickos to take advantage of our kids!). MOO.

Last edited:
Hunting Deer in Indiana

I think deer season was very likely over by the time of the murders.
I failed at inserting a link. In Kentucky the deer season is around the same times as these each year

Sorry I didn't mean that RA was deer hunting the day of the murders. Only that RA may have had a very good understanding of the area due to previous deer hunting, feed placing, stand building, scent placing, time it takes to walk a distance, human activities in the area, noises from time sitting in a stand, paths that humans and animals follow, etc. Deer hunters are top predators and develop a very keen sense of the areas in which they hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07