ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since police seem to believe this was targeted and based on evidence they found, I wonder if there was some communication on one of the victims' cell phones that may have led them in a certain direction? I'm assuming their phones were located at the crime scene. At least, I have not heard otherwise. My other thought when I hear "based on evidence" is that, did this killer leave a note of some sort? Maybe even giving an explanation for why they were killed?

Still, unless they were in custody, someone who could commit this atrocity, I would not find anyone else safe either, even if it was specifically targeted. Who knows what this person would do if anyone suspected them and voiced that to them.

I have admittedly not read every article or viewed every single video, but I do not recall hearing anything one way or the other regarding forced entry or not. Please correct me if anything has been said one way or the other. So one possibility is that there was forced entry and LE have just not released that.

Another possibility is that a door or window somewhere was left unlocked. I am not saying this to point fingers at anyone. It happens. It happens around where I live frequently that people leave car doors unlocked, home windows open, etc. and are burglarized. Obviously this is much much worse than a burglary, but my point is, mistakes happen and things get left open. Perhaps they weren't sleeping yet and part of their bedtime routine was to lock up but because they were still awake, things weren't locked yet. MOO

11/16/22

MOSCOW, Idaho — The father of one of the four slain University of Idaho students found brutally stabbed in an off-campus home is urging law enforcement and the school to provide more information, saying their silence has only added to the family’s “agony” after three days with an assailant still at large.

Police in the city of Moscow have shared few details about the homicides, but say the students — three women and one man — were killed with an "edged weapon" in an "isolated, targeted attack."

Still, with no known suspect or motive, students and members of the community are uncertain why police have suggested there is no immediate danger.

You cannot control people with a knife the way you can with a gun…not even two people and especially not four.

So i wonder if the killer knew enough about the house and who slept where, that he only planned to attack one victim and knew which room to head to? Could the plan have been to rape with the knife as a threat…but a fight ensued and it escalated to murder? Perhaps then the killer panicked and went to other bedrooms to eliminate any perceived risk?

I wonder if one victim was found in bed…the original target…and which floors all these other respective bedrooms were on?

A knife like that says premeditation to me…it’s not something the average person has in their backpack or handbag.

The initial police description of the report from 911 caller of an "unconscious" person is confusing. I think the "unconscious person" was just one of the four dead victims.

Whoever first stumbled on the scene and made the initial 911 call saw a victim lying on the floor and called 911. At that point the caller didn't know if the person was unconscious or dead. The 911 operator probably relayed the information to an officer as "possible unconscious person" lying on the floor at the address. At this point in the case, no one realized they were actually dealing with four dead victims and not just an "unconscious person."
This confused me because if there was so much blood at the scene, as has been stated by several media sources “There was blood everywhere. We have investigators who have been on the job for 20, even 30, years, and they say they have never seen anything like this”, how or why did this person assume the victim was just “unconscious”?

Moscow police appear to be searching for a “Rambo”-style knife involved in the killing of four University of Idaho students, a store manager said Wednesday.

Scott Jutte, general manager of Moscow Building Supply, told the Idaho Statesman that police have visited the store more than once to ask whether the retailer sold anyone KA-BAR brand knives, which are also known as Kabar or K bar knives. KA-BAR, of Olean, New York, manufactures military-grade blades that were originally designed for use by American troops in World War II.

<snip>

“They were specifically asking whether or not we carry KA-BAR-style knives, which we do not,” Jutte said in an interview. “If we did, we could’ve reviewed surveillance footage. But it wasn’t something I could help them with.”
Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article268833397.html#storylink=cpy
It is interesting the rumors or comments that become true on this case. This knife being one of those. Did anyone catch when police first came to this guys store?

The top of the vertical concrete foundation is where the horizontal floor meets. The blood went through a gap between the two and ran down the concrete foundation. These were hard floors, IMO, carpet usually soaks up blood and it doesn't run off.
I agree.
TOD is usually said to be difficult to pin down. This makes me think that technology and cell phones are even more important than we thought. Chilling.
Two of the girls were seen getting food from the Food Truck "shortly before they were killed". I would think stomach contents would also help determine TOD.

Kinda curious if this is “THE” knife used. If I zoom in, it appears to be blood at the end of the blade by the lettering. Of course if could be something else, I’m wondering others opinions?
It's just a stock photo that news outlet used to provide readers a description of what one of these knives looks like.

You cannot control people with a knife the way you can with a gun…not even two people and especially not four.

So i wonder if the killer knew enough about the house and who slept where, that he only planned to attack one victim and knew which room to head to? Could the plan have been to rape with the knife as a threat…but a fight ensued and it escalated to murder? Perhaps then the killer panicked and went to other bedrooms to eliminate any perceived risk?

I wonder if one victim was found in bed…the original target…and which floors all these other respective bedrooms were on?

A knife like that says premeditation to me…it’s not something the average person has in their backpack or handbag.
The two girls in the video both looked quite inebriated (hey it’s a normal college thing) which really impairs your ability to react.

The two girls in the video both looked quite inebriated (hey it’s a normal college thing) which really impairs your ability to react.
Actually, I disagree. They might have been drinking but they didn't look drunk to me. It simply looked like two friends messing around. Some people are just fun and extroverted, one of them was doing something with her phone, it almost seemed like she was showing her friend something, maybe a video, maybe a picture, maybe a text... Not saying that they weren't but, to me, they didn't look super drunk. And this is coming from someone who partied A LOT in college lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member