ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just look at the incompetency in their "timeline/map" which is a solicitation for info from the community!

"11/13 0145 Kaylee and Maddie at residence"

No. They were at the food truck ON VIDEO until 1:52. Likely dropped off by Uber at ~2am but the point is LE has the exact time from Uber and neighbor's Ring video!

There is almost a 5 hour gap in Ethan and Xana's timeline!

Why not put accurate times in the timeline when soliciting tips? It would help residents and businesses as they review their own photos/videos for anything relevant. Think of how valuable random dashcam video became in the Gabby Petito case. LE is already building a "sloppy investigation" defense. They run the risk of creating false alibis and reasonable doubt if their times are off.

(Source: Kaylee's sister confirmed she verified the Uber dropped them off by viewing the neighbor's Ring camera.)
Agreed. <modsnip> But we are only seeing on the surface, hopefully what’s underneath and happening behind the scenes is much, much more fruitful. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Calling someone's number several times in quick succession is what I do when a friend tells me they've lost their phone in my vicinity/home.

We'd need to know the length of the calls to determine if this may be the scenario that led to 6 calls to the same number early in the morning.

Maybe the owner of the "lost" phone was at the house earlier, and returned in the early morning hours to retrieve it... Or not, IMO
that makes sense. Another scenario is the "booty call" Inebriated and alone and ex not responding to texts because possibly sleeping, so multiple calls are made to rouse. IMO

I'm not as preoccupied with the fact that he's speaking to press than I am with the fact that he's giving "exclusives." Speaking to a pool of reporters in these circumstances is crucial because you want a consistent message to go out to the public across all media. These ad-hoc interviews create a chance for discrepancies and contradictions in the public record. That's not good for investigators and not good for a public who fears they might be in danger.
It's just my opinion but -- absent a strategic reason this prosecutor might want a specific news outlet to be disseminating specific information -- I would MUCH rather these officials be giving pool reports so the information is consistent among all outlets. When I look at all the repetition of mis-reported information repeated in this thread, I can only imagine how bad it is among the people in Moscow trying to remain safe and the families of these victims who desperately want to know what happened.
"Exclusive" is just the media bragging, I don't think it means more than that.

<RSBM>

I do think the killer may have been watching (or even waiting inside) the house. With everyone coming and going all evening, he had to know that everyone was in place and he would not be interrupted by another individual coming home. The surviving roommates can provide so much information as to visitors, interpersonal relationships, any concerns, what had happened in everyone’s recent lives. Their participation and candid opinions can be key. Sure, it could be someone that was even in the house that night in one of their rooms. So far, nothing is off the table.

I think (ex-FBI agent) Brad Garrett agrees with you.

"Former FBI agent and ABC News contributor Brad Garrett thinks the surviving roommates are the "key" in the investigation, but he doesn't think they are suspects.
"It's a small town. The likelihood that they know who that person was in the house, I think, is reasonable," Garrett said Thursday morning."

To me, this does currently look confusing, and I hope LE will clarify.
The "time line map" indicates that X and E only spent one hour at the fraternity party. But that they were home as of 1:45, which does not account for a couple of hours.
The food truck video...is it possible the time is from prior to Daylight Savings? My home cameras we have to manually adjust the time one hour back. Maybe the timeline is correct but we are looking at "wrong" time on camera. It was just 2 weeks ago it changed.

Just look at the incompetency in their "timeline/map" which is a solicitation for info from the community!

"11/13 0145 Kaylee and Maddie at residence"

No. They were at the food truck ON VIDEO until 1:52. Likely dropped off by Uber at ~2am but the point is LE has the exact time from Uber and neighbor's Ring video!

There is almost a 5 hour gap in Ethan and Xana's timeline!

Why not put accurate times in the timeline when soliciting tips? It would help residents and businesses as they review their own photos/videos for anything relevant. Think of how valuable random dashcam video became in the Gabby Petito case. LE is already building a "sloppy investigation" defense. They run the risk of creating false alibis and reasonable doubt if their times are off.

(Source: Kaylee's sister confirmed she verified the Uber dropped them off by viewing the neighbor's Ring camera.)
The timeline says they were back home by 1:45. How could they be at the food truck at 1:52?

This "report" is sketchy IMO:
“I talked to one student, and I agree it was twice removed from the person that said it, Kaylee, but Kaylee two months ago complained about a stalker,” [Mark Fuhrman] on Fox News Friday.

In other words, Fuhrman by his own admission is reporting hearsay of hearsay as fact. And not a word of it is corroborated by any other sources. Take this with a grain of salt.

What’s interesting for me here in this article is, BBM:

Former LAPD detective Mark Fuhrman, known for investigating the 1994 murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman in the O.J. Simpson murder case, now lives in Idaho and is claiming that Kaylee Goncalves, who along with Madison Mogen, Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle, was brutally stabbed to death Sunday, had a stalker.

“I talked to one student, and I agree it was twice removed from the person that said it, Kaylee, but Kaylee two months ago complained about a stalker,” he said on Fox News Friday.

If this is the case, we know Kaylee’s sister Alivea has been speaking out to the public on news outlets and giving quite a bit of inside information, so I wonder why she has not mentioned Kaylee possibly having a stalker in her interviews? I feel like this would be important to mention so I’m not taking this “news” on board, yet. JMO

I'm not very familiar with blood spatter patterns, but if the victims were murdered in their sleep, how would "lots of blood" get on the wall?

Aya Elamroussi and Veronica Miracle, "‘We’re leaving as fast as we can’: University of Idaho reels with unease days after killing of 4 students and no suspect identified," CNN, 18 November 2022.
<snipped & BBM>
The victims were found on the second and third floors of the home, Idaho State Police Communications Director Aaron Snell told CNN Friday.

Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt told CNN she saw “lots of blood on the wall” when she arrived at the scene. She confirmed there were multiple stab wounds on each body – likely from the same weapon – but would not disclose how many wounds nor where most were located.
I have wondered about the report of blood dripping down the foundation. I cannot believe that the floor and walls are not sealed, allowing liquid (blood) to flow to the outside. All houses have foundations, sill sealer, sills, then walls with insulation, drywall on the inside, house wrap, then siding on the outside. And if after all that, wouldn't liquid (blood) be seeping instead of dripping from inside. I have doubts that that is actual blood, instead, maybe it's something in the construction or earlier paint dripping. It may have been a bloody interior, but I agree, blood splatters on the wall, but not pools of blood. MOO

Agreed. This investigation looks sloppy and all over the place. But we are only seeing on the surface, hopefully what’s underneath and happening behind the scenes is much, much more fruitful. JMOSt

Agreed. This investigation looks sloppy and all over the place. But we are only seeing on the surface, hopefully what’s underneath and happening behind the scenes is much, much more fruitful. JMO
Stabbing 4 people has got to leave a lot of blood. Footprints? And, there is snow on the ground. Blood in the snow? Tracking?

Uber.
But we haven’t heard how X and E got home or how anyone knows they were also there by 1:45, except maybe from the statement of Xana’s father that they were home at 12 chilling out when he last heard from her.
Or why they were only at the party for an hour and left at just 9pm. I’d think most frat parties aren’t even getting started at 9

I can’t imagine a scenario where the room mates could be involved in this. Unless rhey were somehow conned but that would present a complicated entanglement. And would provide LE a suspect.
I do still believe this is some kind of Avenger and that the various deeply ingrained Cult followers and hard core on and off the grid militia types would be of interest to me.
If the killer was only after the girls upstairs, it would still take quite sense of purpose to go into a big house with multiple floors and roommates. It sounds IMO like he was on a mission of some sort.
It doesn’t seem Rando or serial to me but perhaps there is a concern that he might continue on now that he has gotten started. Would he have left a message?
Based on limited public information ,to me he seems to have been prepared to fulfill his plan, fueled by rage, trained and organized.
First light was around 6:30 AM. He didn't have much time to get cleaned up and get away before sunrise.
JMO.

Former LAPD detective Mark Fuhrman, known for investigating the 1994 murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman in the O.J. Simpson murder case, now lives in Idaho and is claiming that Kaylee Goncalves, who along with Madison Mogen, Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle, was brutally stabbed to death Sunday, had a stalker.

“I talked to one student, and I agree it was twice removed from the person that said it, Kaylee, but Kaylee two months ago complained about a stalker,” he said on Fox News Friday.

If this is the case, we know Kaylee’s sister Alivea has been speaking out to the public on news outlets and giving quite a bit of inside information, so I wonder why she has not mentioned Kaylee possibly having a stalker in her interviews? I feel like this would be important to mention so I’m not taking this “news” on board, yet. JMO

That Fuhrman report is almost entirely uncorroborated. I would discount almost all of it. I put much more stock in the sister's information at this point.

Yes I would take what Kaylee’s sister has said as more credible than what is basically, a rumor a random student told Mark Fuhrman.

The Inside Edition story is also misleading in the way its headline describes the killer passing the survivors’ rooms. These were not bedrooms along a hallway like the Bundy sorority house scene, as we know, the bedrooms were on different levels of the structure.

So a possibility is the killer was confronted by E and X or by one of them and they were killed too. Their room by the kitchen was in the right place at the wrong time because that room was located close to the kitchen area sliding door. JMO
But both the coroner says they were all found in beds and the chief says he believes they were all killed while sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2