ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a criminal profiling junkie from way back. In order to weed out suspects, one must study the behavior at the crime scene in order to narrow down the suspect list. In this case, you have a perpetrator with a premeditated plan who brought along his Rambo-style knife to a crime scene. Could this mean he has a military background or experience as a police or security officer? I bet one thing is certain...he is a gun and knife enthusiast with an obsession for tactical maneuvers and thinks he is the smartest person in the room wherever he goes. Just some thoughts.
Yes, possibly a hunter as well.

It feels pretty significant that Kaylee had a stalker. I wonder how much is known about the stalker?
It has not been corroborated by any credible reporting, independent sources, or LE that “Kaylee had a stalker.” That is admitted hearsay reported to Inside Edition by a famous media personality not affiliated with the case without any confirmation.

MOO is the killer was looking for either MM or KG and one of them was the target. I've speculated on previous threads for this case that the killer is a young male between 18-30 who was enraged at some perceived wrong one or more of the girls did to him and the goal was to kill her to punish her in his mind. If this were more planned out, the crime scene wouldn't be so messy and/or the killer would've used an easier weapon to kill such as a gun.

The way the crime scene has been described from what we have gotten is an absolute bloody mess which indicates an unsophisticated person in a rage. What I suspect happened was he entered the home through the sliding door and was at least somewhat familiar with the residence and probably had been there before. He went looking in bedrooms for his target and came across EC/XK who presumably were sleeping in the same bed together since they were dating.

Perhaps they rustled awake but he now knows they at least could possibly identify him and has to silence them. The wounds we've heard described by the ME and with LE's latest release indicate a number of wild hacks in quick succession. Basically keep stabbing both of them until they stop moving - nothing really planned about it. Just get it done.

He then goes upstairs and finds MM and KG - one of which is his target. Since they are both there, they both have to be silenced and hacks both of them in a rage then likely realizes he's been in the house for a while and neets to get out. Since the other two roommates were in locked bedrooms and didn't come out, perhaps the killer in his rage forgot there were two others or thought they weren't home. Either way, they can't identify him so he exits.
I feel the killer could be male or female. I can’t rule out either sex. I also have a “gut” feeling that jealousy may have been a motive. Was the killer not invited to a gathering one of the others put together? Were they looking for a new roommate and someone was rejected?

the longer it takes to identify a suspect, the more likely it is that he is unknown to the victims. I am personally at 60 stranger : 40 known individual
As of right now I feel that at the very least the killer was somewhat known to them, maybe not a friend but someone who had semi regular contact with them in their day to day lives. I feel like everyone in the house was a target, even though two survived, and the killer‘s hatred simmered over a period of time but it wasn’t obvious how deep the person’s hatred for them was until that person was finally triggered.

I feel jealousy is the motivation for this horrific crime. I was in College many years ago when a girl living on my floor was a Homecoming Princess and came back to her room after class finding all of her clothes cut up! Jealousy can be a strong motivator to do harm

What are your thoughts on mistaken identity? There has been posts speculating drugs or gangs because of the severity of the killings, however I agree with most that I don’t think they were at all involved in any of those lifestyle choices. Could the perp have gotten the wrong house? MOO
That's always a possibility - just like the Phillips brothers in 1992, in Tulsa, OK. Parents went Christmas shopping. When they came home, one son had been shot to death, and the other son hacked to death with an ax. Come to find out, it was a case of mistaken identity. The killers had intended to murder a man named Phillips in Owasso, OK, but the killers went to another Phillips family home on Owasso Street in Tulsa by accident and killed the brothers.

Thoughts, this is all MOO

1. As has been stated, most Gen Z'ers sleep with their phone next to them (I have 3 Gen Z kids and can attest to this.) The 4 in the house had to be fully incapacitated. If I were stabbed and bleeding and I COULD reach my phone, I would dial 911. So, either the murderer moved their phones or they stayed with each person long enough to make sure they were fully dead before moving on. This also makes me wonder if we are looking at more than 1 killer.

2. I am guessing the roommates who survived only survived because their doors were locked. The killer or killers knew that trying to get into the locked rooms would wake the girls and possibly tip them off. They were counting on the element of surprise and the girls being asleep.

3. I believe the UBER driver or whoever brought them home was involved only because the police haven't heard from this person. It is a small town, this is a massive story, if I had been the driver, I would immediately go to the police unless I had something to hide.

4. There is some significance to the phone calls, I first thought the girls were looking for help, but why not call 911? Maybe it was just two intoxicated college girls calling a boyfriend, but I agree, kids this age dont call, they text. I wonder how many texts they sent J and what the contents were. It makes me wonder if whoever killed them was looking for J and ordered the girls to make the calls. Phoning someone at 3am is VERY odd and only done in emergencies in my opinion.

THOUGHTS?

Last edited by a moderator:
In this photo, we see one of the girls wearing an oversized black coat, one that seems to be too large for her. I'm curious whose coat she was wearing. 45 minutes after they arrive home, they phoned someone 10 times. Whose coat is it? Did they borrow it and leave something in the pockets? Did they eventually speak with the person they phone? Did they text that person at any time between the phone calls?

"Two female Idaho students among the four killed in a quadruple homicide near the University of Idaho on November 13 had made ten desperate calls to a mystery man called 'J' collectively.

Kaylee's sister, Alivea Goncalvez, told Inside Edition that her sibling and Madison had started making calls to Jack, who she described to be a 'young man,' at about half past two on the morning of the brutal massacre."

View attachment 380961

DailyMail

Footage from the Food Truck (starts at 3:43:01
I thought about the coat, too. IMHO It looks like a guy gave it to her to stay warm that evening. She was still wearing it when they left in the Uber. Did that person show up at their house later to reclaim it?

I ruled out the ball cap/hoodie guy at the food truck. He was already dressed for the weather and probably didn’t have a coat.
The coat also looked pretty big, and he seemed like a smaller/average build guy.

If it was targeted, why kill all four people? Why not just whoever was the target? If the person knew who they were and was at the house before, wouldn't they have known about the other two girls? Why kill just the other four and not everyone?

If it was a jealous ex, why kill all four and not just the girl that was targeted? The fact that they got in and out with no struggle, and killed four people with one knife so quietly no one else in the house was awakened, and the neighbors didn't hear or see anything makes me feel like it was someone more experienced or had this very planned out. Not really some jealous ex boyfriend college kid.

It almost seems like they weren't familiar with the house and didn't realize there were more bedrooms on the lower level. So they just killed everyone in the bedrooms upstairs. Thrill seeking?

It is awful and I feel so bad for all involved. I cannot imagine the pain they must feel.
BBM
I have wondered if one gal upstairs was targeted.

LE updates and MSM states the 4 were "likely in bed" and "some" had defensive wounds.

MOO that tells me some weren't in bed, maybe close by or close by the bedroom. Maybe someone was startled going to the bathroom. Or even opened the door to the killer.

"This is a gruesome and heartbreaking tragedy," Uber communications manager Navideh Forghani told Fox News Digital when asked whether Uber provided a ride to Mogen and Goncalvez. "It looks like Moscow police update the release to say a ‘private party.’ We have no record of the victims ordering a trip."

MOO is the killer was looking for either MM or KG and one of them was the target. I've speculated on previous threads for this case that the killer is a young male between 18-30 who was enraged a
Be
Yes, possibly a hunter as well.

The possibility of the killer being a hunter or having hunted in Idaho is probably fairly high. I'm sure a high percentage of kids that have grown up in Idaho have probably hunted. As I said in a previous post though, hunting has nothing to do with stabbing. They're is no profession or hobby where you would practice stabbing. Stabbing 4 people through the chest would take a lot of strength, adrenaline and anger to do. Anyone can buy knives like this as well. You can purchase them at a multitude of places online or at any sporting goods store.

"This is a gruesome and heartbreaking tragedy," Uber communications manager Navideh Forghani told Fox News Digital when asked whether Uber provided a ride to Mogen and Goncalvez. "It looks like Moscow police update the release to say a ‘private party.’ We have no record of the victims ordering a trip."

So it seems LE does not want the public to know who drove the girls home.

So they were all stabbed in the chest while they were sleeping in bed is that correct from what I have seen reported?

This reminds me of Ted Bundy when he snuck into the sorority house and murders those young ladies in Florida. So we looking at a serial killer hear possibly?

Has it been reported if there was any sign of forced entry? How did the person get in? I thought I read something earlier about a sliding glass door was it. Was the door broken into and damaged or simply not locked?
No broken glass in the sliding door. But those types of doors can be lifted and maneuvered even when locked. Most people do not know that the stationary part of many older sliding glass doors is just sitting there not connected to anything, and can be lifted out of the track. If the slider was locked, sometimes you can lift the door up by the handle and move the door around until the lock pops out of place. Newer doors are made better though and that does not work.

Thoughts, this is all MOO

1. As has been stated, most Gen Z'ers sleep with their phone next to them (I have 3 Gen Z kids and can attest to this.) The 4 in the house had to be fully incapacitated. If I were stabbed and bleeding and I COULD reach my phone, I would dial 911. So, either the murderer moved their phones or they stayed with each person long enough to make sure they were fully dead before moving on. This also makes me wonder if we are looking at more than 1 killer.

2. I am guessing the roommates who survived only survived because their doors were locked. The killer or killers knew that trying to get into the locked rooms would wake the girls and possibly tip them off. They were counting on the element of surprise and the girls being asleep.

3. I believe the UBER driver or whoever brought them home was involved only because the police haven't heard from this person. It is a small town, this is a massive story, if I had been the driver, I would immediately go to the police unless I had something to hide.

4. There is some significance to the phone calls, I first thought the girls were looking for help, but why not call 911? Maybe it was just two intoxicated college girls calling a boyfriend, but I agree, kids this age dont call, they text. I wonder how many texts they sent J and what the contents were. It makes me wonder if whoever killed them was looking for J and ordered the girls to make the calls. Phoning someone at 3am is VERY odd and only done in emergencies in my opinion.

THOUGHTS?

....and why wouldnt J try to call them back at least by the next morning??

MOO is the killer was looking for either MM or KG and one of them was the target. I've speculated on previous threads for this case that the killer is a young male between 18-30 who was enraged at some perceived wrong one or more of the girls did to him and the goal was to kill her to punish her in his mind. If this were more planned out, the crime scene wouldn't be so messy and/or the killer would've used an easier weapon to kill such as a gun.

The way the crime scene has been described from what we have gotten is an absolute bloody mess which indicates an unsophisticated person in a rage. What I suspect happened was he entered the home through the sliding door and was at least somewhat familiar with the residence and probably had been there before. He went looking in bedrooms for his target and came across EC/XK who presumably were sleeping in the same bed together since they were dating.

Perhaps they rustled awake but he now knows they at least could possibly identify him and has to silence them. The wounds we've heard described by the ME and with LE's latest release indicate a number of wild hacks in quick succession. Basically keep stabbing both of them until they stop moving - nothing really planned about it. Just get it done.

He then goes upstairs and finds MM and KG - one of which is his target. Since they are both there, they both have to be silenced and hacks both of them in a rage then likely realizes he's been in the house for a while and neets to get out. Since the other two roommates were in locked bedrooms and didn't come out, perhaps the killer in his rage forgot there were two others or thought they weren't home. Either way, they can't identify him so he exits.
I agree with this thought process. I was thinking maybe a guy they knew/met through parties, clubs or a friend of a friend became infatuated with one of the girls, not necessarily a stalker. Maybe he had been to their home for a party or as a tag along with friends. If one of the girls was nice and "hospitable" to him, he misread it to mean she liked him. When he shared his feelings or made an advance at some point, she rejected him and put him in the "friend zone". He could be a narcissist who is not used to being rejected. I am not a mental health professional but he could seem normal to the outside world, but have underlying mental issues. I knew a guy in college (friend of old bf) who dated a lot of girls, but one he really liked rejected him and he stewed over it for months. When he was drunk, he would tell my bf all the ways he wanted to get back at her, how he wanted to kill her - he replayed the revenge in his mind over and over. He was part of ROTC and really was kind of scary and psycho, yet could be charming. We stopped hanging out with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member