ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a theory on why they cannot say who called 911?
i disagree with the majority here...i don't think it's to protect the person's privacy, i think it's because it's either a POI or outright suspect. If they wanted to keep the person out of the media spotlight they could just say something like "it was a friend" and wouldn't need to divulge anything further. But giving no details whatsoever? major sus. i could be wrong, MOO.

Does this imply that they believe the killer left the knife in the house? Why would the knife be mixed with the neighbors trash? A rando killer takes the weapon with him and dumps in a body of water far away. imo.
No. The thinking is that the killer may have dropped the knife in a waste bin after exiting the scene. It happens. Especially if the killer here proves to have been on foot, or on a bike.

Few cases pull me back in to WS. This one does it for sure.
I want to know "why" J did not answer his phone. I have a son in college, and if his phone rang 6 times in the middle of the night from a long term ex gf (and her friend) whom he left amicably at the time, I still think he'd pick it up after the 5th call and say "something" to her. Especially since M's sister thought they may end up back up together eventually. This case is going to get solved, but dang the waiting is hard.
Maybe his ringer was off or he's a deep sleeper. There's not anything strange about not answering calls at 3am. Chances are, he never heard them.

Few cases pull me back in to WS. This one does it for sure.
I want to know "why" J did not answer his phone. I have a son in college, and if his phone rang 6 times in the middle of the night from a long term ex gf (and her friend) whom he left amicably at the time, I still think he'd pick it up after the 5th call and say "something" to her. Especially since M's sister thought they may end up back up together eventually. This case is going to get solved, but dang the waiting is hard.
Would he if he was with a new lady friend? (example only)

I’d imagine LE are treading very carefully.

The nature of the attack (frenzied multiple victim stabbing) suggests to me the chances of dna and a conviction are high in the right circumstances.

I’m no expert on Idaho law or aggrevating requirements, and the death penalty whilst legal seems rarely adopted (once since 2004). But a multiple victim Homicide of students that makes international news seems a high profile case.

LE could be dealing with a perpetrator that has little to lose and knowing that needs to be cautious to avoid the risk of more violence or self risk

Earlier today it was reported by one of the victims mother that the surviving girls did hear something. But she wasn't going to elaborate. Since then other media seems to have taken liberty with that to sensationalize their own reporting. It's frustrating.
I read an article that the 1st floor girl(s) heard noise, assumed their roommates were upstairs still partying and locked the door between the 1st and 2nd floor. They probably didn't think much of it at the time and now they have to think much harder about what they heard exactly.

FBI Critical Response Group… thank goodness!
Exactly my reaction! (And I'm sure they will be thrilled that reporters were hanging out in tree's, recording them!)

Also, for anyone who, like me, wasn't sure what the FBI CIRG is, I found the below bolded description from the FBI's official page. I am so glad relieved they are there. The LE has been so essy, vague and disjointed, they need the help.

The FBI’s Critical Incident Response Group (CIRG) provides rapid assistance to incidents in a crisis. Through CIRG, expert assistance is available in cases involving the abduction or mysterious disappearance of children, crisis management, hostage negotiation, criminal investigative analysis, and special weapons and tactics. CIRG also assists in the assessment, selection, and training of FBI undercover employees.

And, where I am at, it is 6:30pm as I write this. It's so painful to imagine that last week at this time these four young people were likely getting ready for a Saturday night out, excited, happy, enjoying life. My heart just aches thinking about it.

Last edited:
My daughter and son in law hunt and butcher deer. I've never seen either of them covered in blood. JMO
These leaps from hunter or farmer to serials killer comments are nuts. I'm not sure a lot of people know or care where meat comes from and how it's processed. You do tend to get a bit of blood on you when you field dress or butcher animals. That doesn't make you a murderer, it makes you self-sufficient. People who hunt for all of their food are a lot more humane and respectful of animals and life/death than any slab of meat you pick up at the grocery store. I get my meat from hunting and the grocery store. I have a ton of respect for people who homestead and take care of all these things themselves.

Neither company operates as a charity and neither company has been socialized. Profits are important to the company, their drivers, and also to the families of the various employees. Uber and Lyfts are probably statistically far safer than unaffiliated drivers.
Lol, yes, I understand. I was making a joke. I don't have any objection to capitalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998