ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The previous paragraph talks about the surviving roommates, and coupled with the deceased being referred to as "victims," it must be the surviving roommates it's referring to.
Further, for the caller to have used a victim's phone, they would have had to get close to the scene and would definitely know the magnitude and brutality to a degree. imo.

Murphy the dog was probably use to all the ppl coming and going from visiting all the girls in the house. I wouldn't be surprised if he hid somewhere in K's room or elsewhere. I am getting the feeling that they had a visitor that was allowed in the house that night when they arrived back and they were hanging out until something happened or someone asked to spend the night on the couch and then made their move after ppl went to their bedrooms and were asleep. JMO
I'm not an expert on dogs, but dogs are generally not wired like that. Even if he is generally a calm dog, wouldn't he be in a frenzy or at least go out to see who is coming in the middle of the night if it's an unrecognized smell? Even if it is recognized? As a matter of fact, the dog thing is curious because I have heard nothing about it. Where was the dog anyway? First floor? My dogs used to bark like crazy at known or unknown people and knew me coming in to my apartment from the minute I used the elevator. Obviously not every dog is the same but dogs generally are inquisitive creatures like that - they'll try and alert their owners in some way. It's curious we have heard nothing about the dog (or at least I haven't).

I beg to differ.
Why would you think the coroner in a smallish city/town would be used to speaking to media? They aren't hired for their public communication abilities.
So easy to pile on.
I never said they are or should be used to it. I think they should have had a game plan of what questions they would/could answer. Either that or just give a prepared statement. Any public statements in a case like this will be used to either benefit the prosecution or defense. It's important for the families of the victims to get it right.

Last edited:
I think there is more to the story. The 911 call was reporting an unconscious person. From other articles I read, looks like the call was placed from outside the house which makes me believe something was found outside the house by the door. JMO
But the police just specifically said the 911 call came from within the residence.

Do we know this for sure? It is something that I have been wondering. The articles all say which residents and murdered boyfriend were in the house at the time, but I haven't yet seen the police say that there was no-one else there (very possible I missed it with these threads moving so fast).
I believe that it was mentioned the two surviving roommates were the only other two people in the house at the time. I also believe that LE said they have talked to both and cleared them. My assumption was if there was another surviving individual in the house at the time, LE would've said that and spoken with them too.

Ethan's mom said the 911 call was made by a friend.
Yeah, once again poor wording by the police leaves us guessing.

It could have been a surving roommate who called 911on her own phone.

It could have been the friend that Ethan was going to do something with, showed up to pick him up, honked or texted, and when Ethan did not respond went to investigate, found him and picked up Ethan's phone to call 911.

One word could have provided so much more information!

So it is confirmed that the two surviving women were on the first floor? That makes it even more weird as to why the killer decided to ignore them. This looks more and more like a targeted killing by someone who knew the victims to me.
The "first floor" is not visible from the other side of the house. If you live/pass by/ see the girls from THAT side of the home, you may not even know there is a 'first floor' MOO

One must always remember, we are sleuthing almost purely though the language of accounts delivered us from authorities via MSM; and so it is important to hear clearly what is actually being said: if a party or parties is "believed" to be in the clear, culpability-wise, how much is its value, what is it worth, what does that really mean?

(And also of course one must mind TOS etc.)

Is anyone good with maps?

Detectives are seeking all outside surveillance video taken from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Sunday November 13, 2022, from businesses and residences in the following areas.

o West Taylor Ave (north boundary)
o West Palouse River Dr (south boundary)
o Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary)
o Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary)

Basically it's a 360 of the crime scene. And I believe west palouse river dr is actually sand rd.

I'm not an expert on dogs, but dogs are generally not wired like that. Even if he is generally a calm dog, wouldn't he be in a frenzy or at least go out to see who is coming in the middle of the night if it's an unrecognized smell? Even if it is recognized? As a matter of fact, the dog thing is curious because I have heard nothing about it. Where was the dog anyway? First floor? My dogs used to bark like crazy at known or unknown people and knew me coming in to my apartment from the minute I used the elevator. Obviously not every dog is the same but dogs generally are inquisitive creatures like that - they'll try and alert their owners in some way. It's curious we have heard nothing about the dog (or at least I haven't).
That house had more visitors than a regular family house has and was use to the comings and goings. Murphy was probably hiding. When the Manson family went on their murdering spree, LE found 2 puppies hiding in fear in an open closet. JMO

Hi Folks, them looking for footage from 95 south to Moscow leads me to think they are investigating the possibility of someone having driven there from Coeur D'Alene or surrounding then back again, It's a long road to be asking for all footage from. IMO
Moscow is south of CDA, so are they looking at south of Moscow, away from CDA?

My first thought was that the perpetrator was waiting for this to be on the news & called himself ! I believe this person is hiding in plain sight ! Maybe an employee very close to the area . Loner or married. Im quite sure he is proud ! Probably has no arrest record .

So it is confirmed that the two surviving women were on the first floor? That makes it even more weird as to why the killer decided to ignore them. This looks more and more like a targeted killing by someone who knew the victims to me.
The first floor may in fact have been the basement.

I believe that it was mentioned the two surviving roommates were the only other two people in the house at the time. I also believe that LE said they have talked to both and cleared them. My assumption was if there was another surviving individual in the house at the time, LE would've said that and spoken with them too.

Yes, I think the police would have spoken with anyone else there. If there was another boyfriend there, or if someone had passed out in the spare room. I just haven't seen them say that there was no-one else there.
If they are protecting the privacy and safety of the two surviving roommates, they might be protecting the privacy and safety of someone(s) else as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member