ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My assumption is that the "loud party" that caused the 2 survivors to lock doors was actually the murders occurring.
I think the surviving two were probably long asleep during that. Idk where the idea that they locked their doors originates but if they did it was probably from the other 4 returning home from their respective nights out

Madison and Kaylee were probably just eating and hanging out drunk and chatting about their night out before falling asleep.

The ex was someone they both knew really well. Sometimes with long relationships even after they’re over you stay close (especially in small towns where you can’t avoid each other)

Which is why so many people don't want to get involved. Geez, some poor kid goes to check on his friend that he was trying to reach, sees a scene out of a horror movie, calls it in, and becomes "suspect #1".

Reminds me of that poor guy, Ray Kronk, finds the body of Caylee Anthony, calls it in, and gets dragged into a huge trial. I bet he wishes he never called LEO.
That's true, yes. Social media has rapidly changed all of our worlds. It is a help and a hindrance. imo.

About knives, because that tool is central to this crime -- someone once said, "A knife needs no training, and never needs reloading." People assume prior military or personal combat training. Maybe not. Maybe simple rage, energy, and physical power are at work?

Edit: Corrected information on knife usage in crimes in the U.S. between 2015 and 2019: Expanded Homicide Data Table 8. This opens to the page for homicides. Other information is searchable through the database.

Last edited:
Totally could make sense - thank you!

I still wonder though how someone could see any of the victims and say it was an "unconscious person" when there was blood everywhere. Maybe we'll find that was a misquote of some sort but it's very strange how you can mistake a stabbing murder victim to someone who is just unconscious.
If this is true, I wonder why the friend didn’t use their own cell phone.

I wonder why anybody wouldn’t use their own cell phone, unless the call was made by one of the surviving roommates.
Caller may have left their own phone in their car. Surviving girls may have come onto the scene at the same time, were freaking out, and 911 caller grabbed their phone to call 911. Previous post suggested this scenario and it makes sense. The word "unconscious" is irrelevant IMO...simply a quick answer to a dispatcher's question.

I think I must have missed an article/report about the dog being missing that night (and the numerous calls to J POSSIBLY being in reference to that/wanting help looking for the dog)
So the dog was missing but instead of going outside the house looking for it they went to sleep...then were murdered?

Could anyone be so kind as to point me in the direction of articles about the missing dog? Thanks!!

About the knife. Outdoorsy people are proud of their knives, especially hunters, etc.

Given that it does not appear to be some carving knife grabbed off the kitchen counter.

The crime seems (to me) to have been committed by someone who knew anatomy, probably from hunting. A novice with an unfamiliar knife could have stabbed away (sorry) causing nothing but screams and non lethal wounds, meaning that it would have been quite a feat to kill 4 ppl without the whole neighborhood hearing. Kids would have been out at all hours in that area.

He would have "known" and loved his weañon.imo. No way would he run out and toss it in a dumpster. His main goal would be to sink away. Hunters and weapon savvy people would just never throw away their weapon like that, close to the scene. They might even bury it somewhere, not destroy it.

He was "cool" enough to kill 4 ppl in the most efficient way, imo. He wouldn't have run out to the nearest dumpsters in a panic.

Imo this was someone who was jilted, maybe just in his own mind. I really don't think this is random killer creep a la Bundy.

Jmo
Someone prior to me made the comment that hunters tend to be humane folk who don't thrill kill.

Also, I mean to me, it isn't rocket science to know the general area of the human heart. I'm guessing stabbing someone in the heart would have a profound effect. Especially more than once.

JMO

I am certain Uber wants to make it clear it was not a ride home through Uber.

From the article:

Initially, police said Goncalves and Mogen took an Uber back to the off-campus rental where they were slain in the early hours of the morning.

Uber, however, has pointed out that the police had since changed their phrasing in updates to describe the ride occuring with a “private party” rather than a hired car.

Someone called the cops reporting someone knocked on their door and then walked away (presumably saying to someone else) “they have a big dog, try a different house.” Given the potentially missing dog situation, it grabbed my attention.

22-M09939 Suspicious Person/Circumstance

Incident Address: E B ST & N VAN BUREN ST

Time Reported: 13:13, 11/14

Cad Comments:

Rp states someone knocked on their door and then walked away saying "they have a
big dog, try a different house".
Officer responded. No report.
Time reported was 1.13pm too, so they were trying doors/houses in daylight....for whatever it was they were trying to do.

I wonder what they would have said has the homeowners answered their door to their knock?

Can anyone tell me what room is directly above the blood that was dripping down the side of the house

My assumption is that the "loud party" that caused the 2 survivors to lock doors was actually the murders occurring.
I was originally thinking that but in my mind “party” is sustained noise multiple people talking, etc…. And the murders happened while people were sleeping so it was quiet(er). So I think the “party” might have been all 4 coming home at the same time (maybe with others no yet named)-does that make sense?

We do have faith in them, but there have been hundreds, if not thousands, of cases where the police have dropped the ball or bodged the investigation.
We need to have faith that the police, especially in a small town, are willing to accept assistance from other police or detective organizations or whatever resources that are available, when a case is beyond their scope.

Of course it may have but we're not privy to anything of their relationship. Drunk dialing as such is just a really common thing to do imo.
i think it will turn out that the calls had nothing to do with anything, ie the crime. In any case LE would know who they were trying to call, and where he was that night, early a.m. I really doubt the girls heard something in the house and repeatedly called this guy, with no response, and didn't instead call 911.

imo the murders were targeting one or both of the 3rd floor roommates, the boy or maybe both of tne kids on the second floor heard something, the boy got up to look, maybe telling the girl to stay put. By that time the killer was already in the kitchen exit area, had confrontation with the boy and had to kill both of them too.

i think that couple was collatoral damage. Iirc the father of that victim said she had defensive wounds on her hands, meaning, imo, she was awake and had to fight back.

Imo.

New interview with Kaylee's parents. They say LE is telling them they have tons of evidence. (Great news!)

ETA: They say Kaylee was a websleuth. :(

Parents of Idaho murder victim Kaylee Goncalves speak out | Fox News Video
Some of my own notes from the interview:

Maddie was an only child :(, and the Goncalves considered her part of their own family.

They (especially mom) stand by Jack, as not a suspect.

They want everyone to see the timeline.

They implore neighbors to release digital evidence from cameras and Wi-Fi.

They believe the suspect likely received wounds during the attack.

Dad believes there is a psycho on the loose, encourages parents to insist their student son or daughter turn on and share their location tracking.

jmo

Last edited:
If a party with my other housemates was occuring upstairs at 2am or so, I wouldn't necessarily lock my door....but I'd be heading up the stairs and asking them to keep the noise down a bit!

i think it will turn out that the calls had nothing to do with anything, ie the crime. In any case LE would know who they were trying to call, and where he was that night, early a.m. I really doubt the girls heard something in the house and repeatedly called this guy, with no response, and didn't instead call 911.

imo the murders were targeting one or both of the 3rd floor roommates, the boy or maybe both of tne kids on the second floor heard something, the boy got up to look, maybe telling the girl to stay put. By that time the killer was already in the kitchen exit area, had confrontation with the boy and had to kill both of them too.

i think that couple was collatoral damage. Iirc the father of that victim said she had defensive wounds on her hands, meaning, imo, she was awake and had to fight back.

Imo.
I don't think the calls will have anything to do with it either. I think both girls were probably still together at that point and after KG called him a few times and he didn't answer she likely tried from MM's phone to see if he would answer her instead. Think it will turn out to be a typical case of drunk dialing.

This case should be solved by DNA evidence. How long does it take to get DNA results these days? Has the technology improved to results in days or still weeks?
Bringing my own post forward:

I thought I would highlight these points from this video interview with Kaylee's parents:
Fox News Interview with The Goncalves

[NOTE: I did my best to transcribe the dialogue, but it's hard on my phone while trying to type in one window and listen to the interview and type in the other. Any inaccuracies are my own.]

Dad: "They're telling us that there's so much evidence that it's going to take a lot of time to process it all. This wasn't a pinpoint crime, this person was sloppy, he (I'm saying he, that is my assumption) made a mess, and they're going to have to go through that point by point and that's going to take a lot of time, that is why they reached out to other organizations to help with that processing."

Mom: "that's why they have a mobile unit on site, they said that that is really going help expedite things. They've reached out to multiple labs for help in DNA processing, in other states. Hopefully get sites like 23andme involved. They haven't told us that they have DNA from the killer, but that they do have a ton of evidence. It's just going take a lot of time to analyze it. And now with the FBI task force on site they were able to collect a great deal evidence."

I don't believe it's a question of technology, but rather processing and elimination of everyone else's DNA. In a crime scene this messy with a lot of people coming and going, including investigators and crime scene technicians, it's going to take a while to sort through all of this and isolate the samples to be tested. I am not an expert though it's also a question of lab capacity, I have read many articles about Lab backlogs, especially during/after Covid. Of course, this case will get high priority, but it's still not instantaneous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd