ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I understand it is that there were 2 bedrooms on each floor. Did the 2 girls share the same 3rd floor room? I keep seeing it posted like that. If so, and if the killer knew them, he could have easily hidden in the "spare" room. Maybe they shared the same bedroom as one was visiting for the weekend.

You won't scream if you have something in your mouth. If they come prepared with a knife, who's to say they didn't come prepared with something to stuff in your mouth.
"Moscow police also pointed out Friday the victims were not “tied and gagged” during the attack." per CNN

If your mind is going to someone else making the calls besides the girls I am there with you.
I am waiting for any kind of confirmation that voice mails were or were not left. There is one interview with parents I have seen where it is possible there were voice mails left. Until I know that, I am not convinced the girls made the calls. Likely they did, but without proof of who made the calls, could have been anyone using the phones.

I would think they’d want to investigate all angles before putting out definitive statements?
Correct. They also have to make sure this investigation is run perfectly by the book to ensure a conviction if and when they do catch him/her. Can you them imagine getting off on technicality?
I do think it's unusual that no one moved toward the victim to see if they could help??? Who does that? A young man down on the ground and you do nothing to help?

How do we know they didn’t try to help? But once I found out I couldn’t do anything other than call 911, I’d get the heck out of there to safety where I could safely do something to help - call the authorities.
So the 911 call could have more information, as the police didn’t immediately enter after hearing someone was unconscious and needed assistance. That sounds like a routine EMS call when they haven’t had a murder in seven years there.
My dear friend died in my house. My ex found him. We didn’t go near the body. We knew he was dead just by looking from the doorway of the bedroom. The 911 dispatchers asked us to check by getting close and check for pulse/breathing but we didn’t. He was dead and it was terrible to see.

It’s pretty traumatic to find a dead body and unless it’s your child/mate/parent/sibling, some people couldn’t bring themselves to get close or touch the body when it’s obvious they’re dead.
I woke up next to my boyfriend after he passed in his sleep. As traumatizing as it was it actually was beneficial for me in the long run as I was the one who wasn’t scared to administer Naloxone when poop hit the fan.

What would he say if the police said "We have cell towers showing your vehicle left King street at 3:30 and arrived at your home at 3:50? And we have your bloody clothes pulled from a dumpster on the corner?
Say nothing. This is a common police line of questioning. They want a reaction. That is when an attorney steps in, if the client is not charged, it is time to leave.

Interesting that the person did not make the 911 call from their own phone, but instead made the call from the phone of one of the surviving roommates.
Unless the person that made the 911 call did use their own phone.

I do note that LE in this case do not release the names of people where they have stated they "don't believe this person was involved". I'm actually glad for that. How do you think anyone who was in the house, dropped anyone off, didn't answer a phone FEELS right about now if they are not the guilty party?

It's just kind of nice , to me, that they aren't dragging everyone through the mud.

In the Fox interview, Kaylee's family say that she and her ex were about to get back together, but that doesn't really fit with the facts we know. Granted, there may be more to it than we are privy to, but she was graduating and moving away in the next few months. Also, sounds like J was in Couer d'Alene when Kaylee was recently there at her parents' house, and although the breakup is described as amicable, J seems not to be getting back to Kaylee at that time as well as she is imploring him to get back to her, reach out to her, and stating that they have a dog together, etc. I think she wanted it to be amicable. JMO.

Update 8:28 p.m. ** CLARIFICATION ** The cell phone used to call 911 belonged to one of the surviving roommates. Due to the ongoing investigation, the identity of the caller has not been released.

Source Moscow police FB
Imo, the most simple answer is that one of the surviving roommates used their own phone to call 911. But it sure would be nice to have clarification. Imo.

In the Fox interview, Kaylee's family say that she and her ex were about to get back together, but that doesn't really fit with the facts we know. Granted, there may be more to it than we are privy to, but she was graduating and moving away in the next few months. Also, sounds like J was in Couer d'Alene when Kaylee was recently there at her parents' house, and although the breakup is described as amicable, J seems not to be getting back to Kaylee at that time as well as she is imploring him to get back to her, reach out to her, and stating that they have a dog together, etc. I think she wanted it to be amicable. JMO.
Could be wishful thinking on parents part. They seem to really like her ex.

I'm useless in life and death situations. I found my next door neighbor deceased and basically fell down her deck steps (fleeing) while calling 911. "I think my neighbor died".

Honestly, I always saw myself as the heroic type until that very second. Nope. Not even close.
That is so many of us. We all want to be the hero type, I sure do! But, being a web sleuth, how many 911 calls have we heard where, someone has been murdered, and the 911 operator asks the caller if they are breathing, perform CPR, etc. I have heard people argue that they just can't look, beg 911 to just hurry and get someone to come help.

I have always been in total awe of those who can just jump in and do what needs to be done.

I do note that LE in this case do not release the names of people where they have stated they "don't believe this person was involved". I'm actually glad for that. How do you think anyone who was in the house, dropped anyone off, didn't answer a phone FEELS right about now if they are not the guilty party?

It's just kind of nice , to me, that they aren't dragging everyone through the mud.
Agreed.

I’m new to this case. Just some random thoughts. The dog, and the ‘skinned’ dog. The killer knew there is a dog in the house. On sex assault, I’m leaning to female killer, no dic no assault. The person knew the place…been there before. Possible didn’t know there were 2 other people in the house b/c only 4 came into house together.. killer was outside waiting… may have followed them home .. if I’m way off, just ignore:)

Let’s not forget what conjecture is. Just because we know a fact doesn’t mean the conjecture we apply after is indeed a fact too. Regardless of how neat and tidy the speculation fits. Anecdotes aren’t facts either. It’s also very easy to type on we screen what we wouldn’t or wouldn’t do in situations.

Seeing this text sent from K to J linked below.
"Jack, get back to me. We share a dog together. Please come over."

I wonder if K and M saw J on social media that night with another girl or something? This age group is basically live streaming their lives on social media.

ITA. I think the phone calls are unrelated. Imo.

I’m new to this case. Just some random thoughts. The dog, and the ‘skinned’ dog. The killer knew there is a dog in the house. On sex assault, I’m leaning to female killer, no dic no assault. The person knew the place…been there before. Possible didn’t know there were 2 other people in the house b/c only 4 came into house together.. killer was outside waiting… may have followed them home .. if I’m way off, just ignore:)
Like if the stalker is the killer, was it sexually motivated? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members