ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cynically LE will always get a search warrant so they can say they executed 257 search warrants in their investigation at trial. It's just good practice to have down why you want to search something and what you think you will find.
Well also you don’t want evidence you find getting excluded because you should’ve got a warrant

If every single initial strike didn’t immediately kill them, they would be able to scream right? I imagine some screaming and others waking up to help, but no 911 calls is strange.
This has been discussed a lot. I'm going with since no one apparently heard the attack and there were no 911 calls that night, that they suffered almost immediate fatal wounds. Not everyone screams when attacked. And when they do scream, not everyone hears it. imo.

Moo..i believe screaming is uncommon. If you getting a beat down or being stabbed in the heat of the moment there is not time or energy to scream. If you see someone at a distance coming at you...then you might scream...moo
I would scream before ever being touched if I saw an unknown man in my house at night. Lol I spook easily. If someone stabbed me I would scream horrendous sounds that would alert everyone on my street

Investigators are now exploring the possibility that more than one killer is responsible for the murders of four University of Idaho students, as police are on the hunt for a military-style knife believed to have been used in the brutal stabbings.

My thoughts and my opinion only...What if the killer used Kaylee and Madison's phones to make the calls to J to lure him there to murder him also? Seeing them at the food truck they could very well have gone right to sleep after going home. eating their food and passing out right after. I just do not see them being awake to make those calls. Therefore, I am believe that the killer made those calls, not Kaylee and Madison. Again, my thoughts and opinion only.

This article mentions the name of the “current” boyfriend.
They have it wrong. That name they’ve mentioned is Maddie’s boyfriend.

They’ve said “Goncalves’ boyfriend” instead of Maddie’s last name.

I’ve seen the red tape on pretty much every door/window at some point during the investigation. My personal opinion is that they’re marking every possible entrance into the house. Anybody with knowledge of forensics have any insight?
During most complex homicide investigations, there are two zones created by detectives for evidence collection. The red tape is known as ‘crime scene barrier tape.’

Yellow tape will be surrounding the entire area of interest, to include items adjacent or exterior to the crime scene. The red tape is used to mark/identify high points of interest for evidentiary collection. (i.e.: likely probability of important evidence being found inside of the red taped area.)

Hope this helps!

so there's some kind of breakup with the a guy and a girl. the guy blames her friends possibly for helping derail their relationship. wants to take them all out and the only thing preventing him from taking out two people in the house was locked doors. He's young, not a criminal bone in his body before committing these crimes so he leaves a lot of clues and mistakes at the house but he's smart enough to leave his phone on vibrate, in his room and his roommates all think he's asleep. Before he leaves he's locked his door.
This was my theory almost from the get to, before we even learned of relationship statuses and such. It seems to me the killer was VERY angry with all four or at least most of them. An ex who blamed the others for contributing to/encouraging the split is one circumstance I can think of, although there are others

the stools across the door. I thought maybe the victims on the 2nd floor had used them to scotch the door. Maybe they were afraid and were calling the bf b/c they heard noises? Then again, if he popped the slider, which isn't that hard, your theory sounds very good.
Stools where upright in early pics of police investigation- later pics show them down in front of sliding doors- perhaps to remind agents not to enter that location in my opinion :)

My thoughts and my opinion only...What if the killer used Kaylee and Madison's phones to make the calls to J to lure him there to murder him also? Seeing them at the food truck they could very well have gone right to sleep after going home. eating their food and passing out right after. I just do not see them being awake to make those calls. Therefore, I am believe that the killer made those calls, not Kaylee and Madison. Again, my thoughts and opinion only.
That's an interesting angle.
I guess it would depend on what was said ?

so there's some kind of breakup with the a guy and a girl. the guy blames her friends possibly for helping derail their relationship. wants to take them all out and the only thing preventing him from taking out two people in the house was locked doors. He's young, not a criminal bone in his body before committing these crimes so he leaves a lot of clues and mistakes at the house but he's smart enough to leave his phone on vibrate, in his room and his roommates all think he's asleep. Before he leaves he's locked his door.
I think you are getting very warm, Encyclopedia....

I think it’s a possibility.

Those girls were quite drunk at the food truck. Especially Maddie. And believe me, I know a thing or two about partying in college ;)

Investigators are now exploring the possibility that more than one killer is responsible for the murders of four University of Idaho students, as police are on the hunt for a military-style knife believed to have been used in the brutal stabbings.
If indeed true, that changes my opinion of the perpetrator dramatically. IMO, if there is one killer, they are most likely someone who knew/had some kind of relationship with at least one of the victims (although a stranger is also possible, but less likely). Likely someone close in age to the victims, perhaps a fellow student. However, if there are two killers, I think it is less likely that they did not personally know the victims as I don't see two college students being able to keep a secret & avoid detection by state, local, and federal law enforcement. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23