ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because there was no sign of sexual assault doesn’t mean the killer wasn’t planning to commit one. Maybe he was overwhelmed by the number of people or got spooked, things escalated faster than he anticipated, inexperienced, etc and he took off before any SA could occur.

<modsnip: quoted post removed>
They said the killer was sloppy. We heard the scene was horrific. What most likely started as an attack when people were sleeping most likely turned into a chaotic frenzied nightmare for those young roommates. Of course we won’t hear this through until someone is in custody and the truth of what actually happened is told.
We have not heard LE say sloppy. I wonder when Kaylee’s family was told that. I am beginning to wonder if it really was sloppy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The City of Moscow Police Department latest update.
They don’t appear to have a Twitter account but seem to prefer Facebook.
Attached is a link which has much more than this screenshot.

Hmmm. This is an update of sorts.
Of interest is the people LE believe are not involved : The two roommates, the food truck man. the person who drove them home.
Just those three groups.

Of more interest is whom they are not speaking of.
Which could be a broad array ... considering there were parties hosted at this house.

Iirc, the dog was there that night, as I think one of the victims had let it outside to do it's business and then let it back in ?
Was the killer familiar enough with the dog -- and the dog with them -- that they didn't fear it's barking would awaken the others ?
M00.

This is having a large impact on the community and campus

With a town and campus community increasingly concerned over the homicides and lack of answers in the case, many students have left Moscow ahead of the fall break. Police clarified last week they were unable to determine if the public was at greater risk.

“We cannot say there’s no threat to the community and as we have stated, please stay vigilant, report any suspicious activity and be aware of your surroundings at all times,” Moscow Police Chief James Fry said Wednesday.

Many professors canceled classes last week, including Zachary Turpin, who wrote on social media he “can’t in good conscience hold class” until police release more information or identify a suspect in the murders.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate
Considering that later in that article they clarified that EC didn't actually have a bed in the residence, couldn't she simply reflecting that he wasn't killed in "his" bed?

I was referring more so to the roomie initially just believing someone was unconscious and calling a friend to come over. I think it’s possible that girl never went to the rooms

But, I actually do think it’s possible the killer closed the doors to the rooms, I don’t know how likely but it’s possible
Also, what if after the attacks, the killer grabbed the sheets or comforters and pulled them up over the bodies ?
Killers do thing all the time that make no sense.
If anyone who has followed these threads or true crime in general.

So, if the roommates peeked into the rooms and said something like, "Hey, sleepyheads. It's almost noon !" ; all they saw was a shape on the bed ?
And the true horror wasn't discovered until LE walked into the room and pulled back the blankets ?
In a way, it's better if the roommates saw nothing.

If the 911 call was only concerned, maybe the roommates and the unknown caller hadn't noticed anything except people who were normally awake at that time, were not responding ?
M00.

I would guess if this goes cold then maybe they need to investigate further the possibility of a serial killer due to the other cases in the region recently involving invasion homicides by stabbing. I saw three cases mentioned further upstream in this thread?
I hope LE is already exploring that possibility. I saw those cases also, but I had the thought as soon as this was first reported. The crime is quite shocking and I just don't see another coed being this angry at four people to do this, nor being angry enough at one to attack when they were in a house with five other people and kill three of them also. How would any killer know that they were all unarmed?

Stools where upright in early pics of police investigation- later pics show them down in front of sliding doors- perhaps to remind agents not to enter that location in my opinion :)
My thought is that since the barstools were upright in early pics and now used to “lock” the door, the door lock either never worked or was broken when the (sp) entered. They are now being used to “lock”the door to keep someone from entering the crime scene.

I think Ethan and Xana were locked in their room. The surviving roommates indicated they were in bed before the other roommates came home. Maybe not knowing Ethan was staying over that night. I believe they were knocking on Xana's locked door and were concerned when she wasn't answering. Friends called over couldn't get a response, then police called.
How would they be locked in their room? Did the killer lock them in?

What if the killer wore Kevlar type gloves or gloves with chainmail inside to prevent injuries while using the knife like butchers and others use? MOO
A very distinct possibility if the attack was planned and the perp had any kind of foresight.

MOO

I think the killer is an injustice collector, real or percieved. He's awkward and weird around girls. He feels inferior. He either goes to school with them or is in his mid 20s and is around the same bars and places as the victims. A couple of the girls probably said something nice to him at some point that he perceived as liking him. In reality they were just being kind and don't even realize he exists. He probably feels wronged after that when he sees them and they pay him no mind. He planned and fantasized about this for a long time before working up (what in his mind is courage) to it. He probably had been to a party at the house at least once so he'd know the general layout. He probably watched the girls social media religiously, followed them a few times and scoped out the house at night. This probably started for him with a couple of the girls but I think he went in the house that night planning to kill all of them. I think E was a monkey wrench in his plan.

From my understanding, the victims had all been asleep during the attack (several sources, including today's PC), but by the end, not all were killed in bed (see source below). I know some will suggest maybe E was sleeping on the couch or something, but I personally don't think that's what's being said here. I think whoever was killed first in the second floor bedroom, the other tried to flee and was killed on the floor of the bedroom or hall just outside the bedroom. If a downstairs roommate came up the stairs and stepped into the living room, that hall towards the bedroom would be right there in view. They would likely only see one body at that point. JMO.

Some of the murdered University of Idaho students were stabbed in their beds, coroner says

Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details.
She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate
@TL4S I think this is huge!!!!

I said earlier my suspicion is he or she was out in the hallway. Thus why LE wouldn't tell us today "where" on the 2nd and 3rd floor victims were located.

When LE was asked who was sleeping on what floor? He said he wouldn't divulge that because that would be part of the picture.

"Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed "one" of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up.”

He wasn't in bed next to his girlfriend.

Did he wake up and get a drink, go for a pee, chase someone, chased by someone, stumbled upon someone coming in....?

Last edited:
WHY is all of the attention on the 2 girls, Maddie & Kaylee? What did I miss? I’m guessing there is something that points to one or the other being a target of the fiend

After thinking about it, it has to be atleast 2 killers and maybe even 3.

The fact that none of these people got 2 seconds to call 911 is pretty crazy

My belief is that it’s probably one killer; I’m open to the possibility that it was more, but it feels unlikely.

Note the famous Ted Bundy case, referenced all over these threads. And note that although he was an experienced killer, the sorority house killings were not his usual M.O.

So, I lean toward the idea of one killer, simply because, for me, there’s no evidence that indicates otherwise.

All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member