ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this has already been stated, or I’ve misinterpreted the current information wrong - but is it assumed that the murders happened in the early hours of the morning, ie. shortly after the calls to J? What if it all happened much later, closer to when the ‘unconscious person’ call to 911 was made?

i wonder why police keeps repeating that M and K got home at 1:45 while they were on a live stream leaving the food truck at 1:53? i feel like every minute is pretty important in the last hour(s) of their life

here's the exact start and end time of the twitch stream (it started 9:58 pm local time, 1:30 into the stream a worker says "it's 10, let's start")
https://streamscharts.com/channels/grubtruckers/streams/41494907659
and here's the timestamp they appear on stream
they were on stream from 01:42:13 to 01:52:52 local time
I think I’ve mostly heard them say all 4 were home “after 1:45” and then it gets reported as 1:45. In an interview on Fox, Kaylee’s mom mentioned 1:59 a couple times which would make more sense (IMO) given the departure time from the food truck. (Edit to add: Kaylie’s sister has said she worked with a neighbor to access the neighbor’s Ring footage to observe the girls being dropped off at home, so it’s conceivable to me the 1:59 time mentioned by Kaylee’s mother might be based on that footage, though I obviously don’t know for sure.)

It seems to me they often prefer to be vague for purposes of keeping specifics of the investigation private. Perhaps it is their preference for the order in which the 4 roommates returned home to remain unknown for now.

I don’t recall hearing where Ethan and Xana were between 10pm and 1:45am either, only that they were home after 1:45, but perhaps I missed it.

Last edited:
Maybe the 911 call was too upsetting (people crying, screaming, etc.) or the description of what they saw was too disturbing to release to the public. Or LE is protecting the identity of the caller in the event the killer wants "revenge" on them and/or knows the person who called and would be able to target them. Or the public would speculate about the caller as a suspect. Think there's a lot of reasons why it wouldn't be released that aren't necessarily suspicious
If the media pursue its release, it is likely to be released. LE does not have the final say on release of public records, which is what a 911 call is. I'd like to see a judge decide what, if any of it, can or should be released.
MOO

-returning to WS after a long hiatus, drawn back by this case ... simply horrifying and i sure hope the cops have way more than they are alluding. my cold read on this is they don't know much of anything, but i hope i am wrong. also very eerie how this story has parallels to the SCREAM movie franchise ... let's hope the wednesday PC is more fruitful than today's (i still get aggravated when reporters shout questions that i consider a waste or nonsensical ... if you have the chance to ask a direct question you really should make it count!!)

Ok I got excited when I found this one. This is the sourthern exit a suspect in a car could use when exiting the neighborhood. He'd go down Conestoga St., take a left towards hwy 95. most of it is rural and it's unknown if any of the residences along the road have cameras. It looks like a viable exit for the perp except there's a camera at a storage unit right near the corner of West Palouse River Dr and 95.(circled in blue). The red arrow is pointing towards the 95 intersection.

Really the only way the perp could make it work and have the luck of not having any homes with cameras on West Palouse River Dr is to turn right onto West Palouse River Dr and head to Washington and do a whole loop (highly unlikely)

rsz_palouse_river_rd_and_95.png

I find this very disconcerting. It seems the perpetrator entered the house when all were asleep (or lay in wait), and attacked them in succession. Two sets of victims on two different floors. This seems like a deliberate and organized attack based on the info we have. This is not the action of a jealous wannabe bf or an angry person seeking revenge or trying to get even. These are the actions of a psychopath. I think this may be why the FBI jumped on this case so quickly. Nothing in this case so far reads like they were murdered by someone they knew.

JMO. MOO. IMO
I would agree with this.

I wonder if the perpetrator enters from the back of the house, essentially on level 2, and is unaware in the dark that there even is a level 1 where the survivors were asleep?

Could be... but I think even if one person is the main "target", the victims were all such close friends, maybe it's like a "revenge" on all of them? Or if Kaylee was the main target, the killer didn't care if he killed Maddie too given their closeness/it was the only opportunity to get Kaylee as she was sharing a bed with Maddie? I'm still also of the theory that Ethan and Xana were collaterol - heard something and reacted, and killer didn't want any witnesses. Or logistically killer had to go by their room to get to M&K and ran into E/X or one of, and the other heard. MOO/speculation

I'm not a huge websleuth, but disgruntled ex/disgruntled person killing a woman is so much more common than random serial killer killing 4 people in one go. (Thinking of Gabby Petito case).
I think you bring up all good points and could very well be right. It’s just kind of odd to me to only truly be after 1 person but kill 3 others with a knife, you know?

If perp wanted to stab one of them (vicious and personal) but had to prepare for witnesses, they could’ve obtained a gun with silencer. I realize they may have felt “rushed” as in their target was only in town for a short period of time but even so I think getting a gun still could’ve been doable…or maybe not, maybe they really were just angry and impulsive and didn’t meticulously plan this and had to just take out 3 possible witnesses with the knife they had, I could be wrong.

Has anyone taken a closer look at the Mad Greek restaurant employees or patrons for possible clues? X & M were on staff there. Are there any missing knives? Any employees or frequent customers that have alresdy or are about to abruptly move out of town?

Hello everyone. I have hesitated to post this but here it goes. This case has many similarities to a case believe it or not from 22 years ago
in JAPAN. The Miyazawa family of 4 were murdered at night, in a house that had three floors, with a house extremely close by whose residents heard nothing. The perp in that case has never been found.
There are more similarities and the case is here on this site. I will attempt to post a link. This is all JMO MOO.

edits for spelling

Some map ideas, notes, thoughts. Continuing

Qmfr:

Urgent mapping request @otto , @ClaireNC, or whoever is available right now.

Can someone please post a screenshot of three map points, if not already posted, if so please bring forward:

Map showing:

1. House

2. Buddy’s house location.

3. Where buddy was found.

Thank you.

Editing to add to above rabbit location. :(

Then, connect that square (previously triangle) with lines. Keep the triangle too actually.

Then in a separate map overlay the other LE-released map points. So second map should look like a square (or whatever shape) over the first shape of house with 2 Buddy locations plus one rabbit. :(

Then draw a circle around the whole perimeter maybe, idk start with 10 miles out.

—-

Eta then someone can also maybe try to apply Rossmo because there will be a minimum of the five data points needed.

Well, I hate to be that person. But on my tablet, when I zoom in, there are a few red clusters. But only on the side. Nowhere else.
There are berries on the tree. Most likely that. However I hope investigators checked. But seeing how it took a week for them to investigate the tire tracks, woods behind the house and Madison’s car…I doubt it.

I think you bring up all good points and could very well be right. It’s just kind of odd to me to only truly be after 1 person but kill 3 others with a knife, you know?

If perp wanted to stab one of them (vicious and personal) but had to prepare for witnesses, they could’ve obtained a gun with silencer. I realize they may have felt “rushed” as in their target was only in town for a short period of time but even so I think getting a gun still could’ve been doable…or maybe not, maybe they really were just angry and impulsive and didn’t meticulously plan this and had to just take out 3 possible witnesses with the knife they had, I could be wrong.

I think those are good points too. But I think it's hard to rationalize the mindset of someone who could kill 1 person (esp with a knife), let alone 4. (Meaning, even killing 1 person is completely unfathomable to most people - it's horrendous). Maybe that wasn't the original plan but people turned out to be in the same room(s), woke up, etc. Just think there are a lot of different scenarios. Also much harder to get a gun like you say, especially on short notice/if a "crime of passion" (which I don't really like saying tbh)

If the media pursue its release, it is likely to be released. LE does not have the final say on release of public records, which is what a 911 call is. I'd like to see a judge decide what, if any of it, can or should be released.
MOO
I don’t think that would apply if the call itself were critical evidence in an active investigation.

Maybe the 911 call was too upsetting (people crying, screaming, etc.) or the description of what they saw was too disturbing to release to the public. Or LE is protecting the identity of the caller in the event the killer wants "revenge" on them and/or knows the person who called and would be able to target them. Or the public would speculate about the caller as a suspect. Think there's a lot of reasons why it wouldn't be released that aren't necessarily suspicious
Yes, they have a strong reason they don‘t want this public, I don‘t know if it’s caller = suspect though. Whoever found this scene, given everything we’ve heard from police about the crime, there was a lot of blood and scene to see. Whoever called that relayed the scene to police and it surely wasn’t “unconscious person.” And they release upsetting/crying/screaming calls, that’s not out of the realm.

I wonder what J's reaction to the multitude of calls to him from the girls was...? Did he call them back when he woke up? If so, what time was that? Did he text them instead? When did he expect to hear back from them (and if it was sooner than noon when they were discovered, did he tell his concerns to anyone else)?

I just wanted to bring this over from the last thread. Great work @Neptune .
Not sure if this will help with anything but I mapped the path out on Google Earth. The total distance from the house to the cul-de-sac is 205 meters.

Edit: The average human walking speed is 1.2 to 1.4 meters per second which would mean that route would take around 2.5 minutes to walk assuming the suspect is walking at a normal pace.

Attachments

• GoogleEarth-Route.png
    GoogleEarth-Route.png
    677.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Was it reported where Ethan and Xana were after the frat party? Most sites say that they were at the frat party 8-9, then returned home at 1:45am. Where were they in between? The girls were reported to be at a local bar for the majority of the night until returning home at roughly the same time.

Seems important and how would LE not know/if they do know, why did they release the frat party info but not where they went after?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member