ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to bring this over from the last thread. Great work @Neptune .
Well done, the map provided by LE is less than readable, coordinates big help.
It seems LE thinks the exit may be to the south from the house.
Also pulling up the area on Google Maps provides street names. Rocky Ridge and Walenta are one and the same. That exit to the east through the forested area would lead to interstate 95, so there should be traffic cameras.
Another option is to the west toward Arboretum rural area. There are residences that direction as well that may have cameras. A car parked in that area could rive west and stay rural and avoid interstate 95 and traffic cameras.

Just as Neptune said, a person on foot through cover and then to a parked car.
So park in a residential area or a rural area? At 3-6AM where is least observers?
Residential area typically has cars all hours, sunnoticed but more observers esp party goers
Rural area a parked car stands out but less observers. 3-4 AM who is up?

Has anyone seen them using dogs, to track a scent and reveal path of exit?

Prayers for the families, friends, community, and for this murderer to be in custody!!

What about the phone calls after 2AM?
They are probably just saying that based on the timeline and on the condition of the bodies, it is possible that they were killed within that window. Obviously, K&M would have been killed between 3-5, if they were making phone calls up until 3. The condition of the bodies when first examined probably rules out death after 5.

Oh my goodness, I just remembered something...

Remember the tragic case of the lovely Kindergarten teacher in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada Noelle Paquette, who was abducted and murdered on New Year’s Eve after having a fight with her boyfriend, getting out of the car and walking upset, and then as a sad coincidence of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, was picked up by that male/female BDSM couple who had been planning a rape and murder..they killed her and disposed of her body later off the road and set fire to it but HE Burned HIs Hands in the process...and as a result went to the hospital for treatment. It was this that led to tracking him down and ultimately arresting those psychos.

My point, and this has possibly been mentioned, LE would likely be checking hospital reports, I think. Because, as several of us have mentioned, he may have slippage injuries.

But then that would be so obvious....would he take that risk and be stupid enough to stab four people then go to the hospital with hand cuts? Maybe not, even if he was severely bleeding, maybe he patched these himself...talking out loud...I wonder the extent of severity to his hand injuries, IF there was knife slippage, which imo could be likely, based on what I remember from hearing about this occurrence in other cases.

Which reminds me of another instance when a hospital visit led to the capture of the perp (from Forensic Files, or one of those shows..) The victim bit the perp on the hand, which caused a nasty infection...

—-

Eta: Reference:

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, I just remembered something...

Remember the tragic case of the lovely Kindergarten teacher in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada Noelle Paquette, who was abducted and murdered on New Year’s Eve after having a fight with her boyfriend, getting out of the car and walking upset, and then being picked up by that BDSM couple who planned a rape and murder...they killed her and disposed of her body later off the road and set fire to it but HE Burned HIs Hands in the process...and as a result went to the hospital for treatment. It was this that led to tracking him down and ultimately arresting those psychos.

My point, and this has possibly been mentioned, LE would have and would be likely checking hospital reports, I think. Because, as several of us have mentioned, he may have slippage injuries.

But then that would be so obvious....would he take that risk and be stupid enough to stab four people then go to the hospital with hand cuts? Maybe not, even if he was severely bleeding, maybe he patched these himself...talking out loud...I wonder the extent of severity to his hand injuries, IF there was knife slippage, which imo could be likely, based on what I remember from hearing about this occurrence in other cases.

Which reminds me of another instance when a hospital visit led to the perp (from Forensic Files, or one of those shows..) The victim bit the perp on the hand, which caused a nasty infection...

—-

Eta: Reference:

Let’s hope Xana grabbed his hair And clawed the freaking crap out of his face so he is marked currently, there is DNA in her fingernails and he is scarred for the rest of his miserable murdering life. That’s the thing about a knife, It is within arms reach
IMO

Detective Mark Fuhrman on Fox News claimed that Kaylee had a stalker a couple of months ago, but his source was secondhand. She was a beautiful young girl with a large social media presence, so I'm sure she attracted some unwanted attentions at times.
Thanks ….

I thought this from Dad was very sad ..(that these days you have to be so self aware…)

Dad - She'd turn her camera on. She would film when she thought somebody was following her out of a mall parking lot or a grocery store. She was very aware that, she was a pretty girl, and that could attract some problems. So, she was alert. She was a streetwise child.
But at the same time I am hopeful that there may be some footage on Kaylee’s phone …

IMO

I'd love to see a source on this! If it is true that Ethan was found in the hallway, it makes a lot more sense - at least it certainly lends credence to the theory that Ethan +/- Xana were collateral.
If what the media reported as blood on the house exterior is actually blood, the location would indicate it was from a body on that 2nd floor at the end of the little hall "nook" next to the refrigerator. That would correlate with the reports that Ethan was found in the hall...although if it isn't really blood on the house exterior, then he could have been in the hall area just outside the bedroom door also. The first photo here of the kitchen, you can see the end of the hall in the upper right of the photo, on the other side of the little wall where the refrigerator is. This location corresponds to the area on the exterior of the house where some media reported there was blood. It's hard for me to see how blood could leak outside like that, but if true, it is probable that is where Ethan was found: 1122 King Rd, Moscow, ID 83843 | Zillow

Thanks ….

I thought this from Dad was very sad ..(that these days you have to be so self aware…)

But at the same time I am hopeful that there may be some footage on Kaylee’s phone …

IMO
When I heard him say that, I wondered if it indicated that they knew she had taken photos of some potential suspects recently.

Thanks ….

IMO
I'd love to see a source on this! If it is true that Ethan was found in the hallway, it makes a lot more sense - at least it certainly lends credence to the theory that Ethan +/- Xana were collateral.
If what the media reported as blood on the house exterior is actually blood, the location would indicate it was from a body on that 2nd floor at the end of the little hall "nook" next to the refrigerator. That would correlate with the reports that Ethan was found in the hall...although if it isn't really blood on the house exterior, then he could have been in the hall area just outside the bedroom door also. The first photo here of the kitchen, you can see the end of the hall in the upper right of the photo, on the other side of the little wall where the refrigerator is. This location corresponds to the area on the exterior of the house where some media reported there was blood. It's hard for me to see how blood could leak outside like that, but if true, it is probable that is where Ethan was found: 1122 King Rd, Moscow, ID 83843 | Zillow
I don’t think the location of the red liquid on the outside wall is near that nook on the picture. That nook would have an interior wall on the other side.

I think the outside wall where the ‘blood’ is shown dripping is the wall you can see out of the kitchen window. It corresponds to an outer wall of a 2nd floor bedroom- likely where E and X were said to be sleeping.
JMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... the targeting of one particular person is throwing me because it’s so risky to kill 4 people total if you were really just after 1 (even taking into consideration “eliminating” the other 3 as witnesses —that’s a lot of time and work especially with knife as your weapon).

I might be in the minority here but I’m not so sure it was a personal target against only one. I think maybe someone either had beef with like 3 of the 4 (or all 4), or it was a random/serial/thrill kill. Im having trouble thinking that 3 of the 4 were just collateral. I think perp wanted to kill multiple people that night for whatever reason. MOO
There are 6 bedrooms, 5 roommates, where is the 6th?

JMO

Can someone post the floor plan again? TIA
Garshin drew up a wonderful one

Kalia, I read it on here in some of the earlier threads, but there are way too many pages to scroll back through to find the. A quick Google search found this article ( Exact spot bodies of four students killed in home were found is revealed), where it says he was found on the floor of the second story, but I'm certain in one of the other articles, or in an interview his mother gave, it was clearly stated he was found on the floor in the hall.

My guess is he is the "unconscious person" the surviving flatmate/s found, and they called one of his friend's to come help (as Ethan's mother also stated early on that it was one of his friend's who called 911).

<modsnip: quoted post removed>
My goodness, just actually watched this. The last part of the footage reminds me a lot of some of the footage in Abby’s and Libby’s case, imo. Just sayin.

But, did they use dogs to track the exit path? That was a critical mistake in Delphi- they called off the dogs. Those dogs could have led investigators to RA’s home.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I heard him say that, I wondered if it indicated that they knew she had taken photos of some potential suspects recently.
She took a selfie during the food truck video not long before they left. Facing toward the food truck she raised her phone up in the air as if to capture the people behind her.
This is after the vvvv annoying car start, and right after the female orders Death By Garlic with Chicken in the twitch feed.

Last edited:
I think the location of their home (next to garden, walking path, heavy foliage), as well as the layout of the house itself (sliding glass door on ground level from the back) made him choose that house.

This is why I think they were targeted too.

Additionally if you look at their SM at least some of the rooms have makeshift curtains (see image) making it possible to see into sections of the rooms and when lights are on or off. The large sliding door to the kitchen seems to have no curtain, so its possible the victims congregated in this room before going to bed, considering two of them had food to eat from the food truck. This could also explain why the two other girls survived, because they were already in their rooms before the perp arrived on the scene and were not visible from the rear side of the property.

So if the perp did come across an opportunity, they would have had to wait several hours before they could confidently go inside the house, being sure everyone was asleep.

Attachments

• 1B.png
    1B.png
    476.1 KB · Views: 110
When exactly was the dog let out and back inside as far as we know?
Maybe the suspect was lurking and quietly called the dog over to greet it. Perhaps the girls heard something out there or saw the dog go to something/someone and that is why they called 10 times on the phone.

Why would someone totally unfamiliar with a house risk entering where a pit pull or two could be sleeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks