ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be a commonly used tactic for Law Enforcement to coach a victim's family members to say things in the media that they thought might provoke feelings of guilt and sorrow in a potential suspect, thereby prompting a confession?
Evoking feelings of guilt and sorrow in a psychopath is by definition impossible. They lack remorse and conscience. You are thinking like a person who has empathy. They do not.(source: definition of psychopathy)

Ok. So it's your belief that some rando decided to murder (sorry slaughter) 4 kids for their unknown political beliefs. Yet you say in your post that it is their liberal beliefs that may or may not have caused this. I'm guessing you insert politics into most things but this isn't one it belongs in.
I'm not trying to be contentious but all four were part of Greek life on campus and it's possible one of their "causes" was attending protests and speaking out against misogyny at Christ Church. Also, and I'm not trying to be derogatory, it's also a great photo op for social media if someone wanted to appear relevant and "woke" regardless of how strong their feelings actually were. Would be really interesting to look through photos of past protests or clashes with the townspeople to see if one or more of them attended. They were a head-turning group and might have attracted the wrong person's atttention. JMO

Awful awful to think about but maybe that’s when the knife was first purchased and they were trying it out. There was also mention of a bunny with ears cut off also found on the property of the dog owners but not sure when that was. Almost like he was rehearsing. Hoping the authorities are looking into who purchased knives (and gloves/band-aids) about a month ago.

Bingo. When I found my son deceased the 911 operator insisted on sending paramedics which on top of everything else I found incredibly baffling. It is procedure. They are either conscious or unconscious, never dead until officially pronounced, in my personal experience.
Extremely sad for your loss, ST, and sincere condolences….

I also find it very odd that no paramedics were called ….and agree it is the correct procedure for both to attend .… even for a deceased person … the equivalent of a 911 operator usually arranges for all services to attend …

Does anyone know if it was just a case of Paramedics arriving on scene a little later than the initial first responders, Police??

(The Police may have been in the local area and therefore arrived first??, closely followed by paramedics .?? ) Would have to check the very early images to clarify ….

IMO

I couldn't agree more and yet I haven't heard a single person here comment on the fact that in the interview with the parents of K, the mom when urging the public to report anything odd they may have seen that night she mentions "someone buying candles" Um, candles? No one is wondering why she mentioned that?
I thought she said "candies" and was referencing that if someone stopped at a convenience store, the killer might be on camera footage at one of these types of places, or someone may have taken pics or video that showed something importan, even if all they saw was someone buying candy.

I also find it very odd that no paramedics were called ….and agree it is the correct procedure for both to attend .… even for a deceased person … the equivalent of a 911 operator usually arranges for all services to attend …

Does anyone know if it was just a case of Paramedics arriving on scene a little later than the initial first responders, Police??

(The Police may have been in the local area and therefore arrived first??, closely followed by paramedics .?? ) Would have to check the very early images to clarify ….

IMO
At least in Texas all firefighters have EMT training, they routinely arrive in place of EMTs if they are available

My 20something kids (and nieces and nephews) would never share a bed with friends. I would have back in my day but this generation, nope. They do air mattress or sofa before jumping in a bed with a friend. Even a big queen or king bed. Don't know why. Maybe more likely to have had their own rooms all their lives than us old folks. Back in the 60s and 70s kids often shared a room even if not needed. Plus houses were not Mcmansions then. So I'd wager Maddie and Kaylee were not in the same room. But maybe the one moved over to the balcony bedroom and the perp didn't know. I think one of those 2 girls was the target and the others were unintended victims based on error or possibly being able to ID.
I have 20 somethings, and my daughter would often share a bed with female friends in a sleepover situation (in her college days). Remember that K's parents said M had been her friend since they were little girls, and that she was like a sister, going on their family vacations, etc. K also comes from a family with several girls. I bet she was used to sharing bedrooms and maybe beds.

I thought she said "candies" and was referencing that if someone stopped at a convenience store, the killer might be on camera footage at one of these types of places, or someone may have taken pics or video that showed something importan, even if all they saw was someone buying candy.
I'm just not hearing candy, candies, or candles. All I hear is band-aids. Here is the interview, can you tell me which point in the interview you are referring to?
Parents of Idaho murder victim Kaylee Goncalves speak out

I'm jst not understanding how on the 911 call the caller didn't say a dead body. I'm imagining the victim would have been in a pool of blood so much so that one could deduce was fatal. We don't know enough for example there was no mention of screaming and calling out to other roomates to check where they are at. One wouldve only needed to open the front door to see all their cars remained out front. That house would've been silent the next morning and I'm sure that is very rare considering the house was typically so full of life and people coming and going.

I think the info about the 911 call and 'unconscious' is still significant. Often perpetrators will try and reinsert themselves into the crime scene so that they can relive their crime and keep close to the ongoing investigation. From the presser it sounds like many people came over before police arrived on the scene and we still dont know who made the 911 call. It's hard to sleuth this case because we have such tiny snippets of the story and therefore filling it in with our opinions when the truth is likely far different.

I'm not trying to be contentious but all four were part of Greek life on campus and it's possible one of their "causes" was attending protests and speaking out against misogyny at Christ Church. Also, and I'm not trying to be derogatory, it's also a great photo op for social media if someone wanted to appear relevant and "woke" regardle

IMO
I believe they arrived but never entered. The police are supposed to clear the area for the safety of the emts. The scene must have so brutal with the amount of blood loss and the bodies must have already been pale, cold and no pulse. The police probably didn't want anyone going in the crime scene once they saw what happened in there.

I'm just not hearing candy, candies, or candles. All I hear is band-aids. Here is the interview, can you tell me which point in the interview you are referring to?
Parents of Idaho murder victim Kaylee Goncalves speak out
My bad. Just been back to listen and you're correct she says band-aid not candy. No idea why I thought she said candy as I can quite clearly, after listening again, hear her say band-aid.

My apologies!

I'm jst not understanding how on the 911 call the caller didn't say a dead body. I'm imagining the victim would have been in a pool of blood so much so that one could deduce was fatal
My thinking is that they were most likely in shock and hoping against hope that their friend was still alive.

I have seen cases where even LE thought a victim was dead until they saw the slightest movement.

None of the victims showed signs of sexual assault, Ms. Mabbutt said, and toxicology reports have not been completed.

Toxicology reports is what I want to see, I’ve wondered if they were unknowingly drugged then murdered. Jmo

Bringing this post forward from Thread 1. (Apologies as my kindle refusing to directly link to the post) At the link provided in the post, look at the post from Nov 13 at 17.31 UK time which would be.... 12.31 est, 9.31 pst.... I think?! I need a lie down now!

Anyway,a comment on that post make it clear to me at least how/why friends were there re the 911 call.

'The police said that, when the roommates woke up, they called some of their friends to the house because they believed one of the stabbing victims on the second floor “had passed out and was not waking up.” Once the friends arrived, someone from the group called 911 just before noon, and police arrived and found the additional victims.'

Where did the police say this with this much specificity? I didn't hear this exact info from the presser. Or has the journo filled in the gaps ?

They could; Rapid DNA tests can be run in as little as 90 minutes these days, and the FBI would have access to the best equipment.
I wonder if LE would consider using forensic genealogy sooner rather than later in a case like this. Why not start that work to either confirm that a suspect you have in mind is likely, or at least possibly give you a direction in which to look?

I understand it is usually used for cold cases, but when a killer is on the loose and the community is scared, how can it hurt?

Why not have multiple DNA lines of investigation instead of linear?

Therr was the case of the kidnapped and murdered mother in Memphis, they had DNA back within 24 hours and an arrest within 3 days.
I couldn't agree more and yet I haven't heard a single person here comment on the fact that in the interview with the parents of K, the mom when urging the public to report anything odd they may have seen that night she mentions "someone buying candles" Um, candles? No one is wondering why she mentioned that?
Was the interview the day before the candlelight vigil?

I'm jst not understanding how on the 911 call the caller didn't say a dead body. I'm imagining the victim would have been in a pool of blood so much so that one could deduce was fatal. We don't know enough for example there was no mention of screaming and calling out to other roomates to check where they are at. One wouldve only needed to open the front door to see all their cars remained out front. That house would've been silent the next morning and I'm sure that is very rare considering the house was typically so full of life and people coming and going.

I think the info about the 911 call and 'unconscious' is still significant. Often perpetrators will try and reinsert themselves into the crime scene so that they can relive their crime and keep close to the ongoing investigation. From the presser it sounds like many people came over before police arrived on the scene and we still dont know who made the 911 call. It's hard to sleuth this case because we have such tiny snippets of the story and therefore filling it in with our opinions when the truth is likely far different.
We don't know what was said on the 911 call. LE specifically won't release it. We only know how it was logged by the 911 dispatcher.

Based on other 911 calls that have been released in other cases, it's very possible that the 911 call was a young person yelling "We need help! Please send an ambulance! Send the police! Oh my God!! My roommates are dead!!!"

And the 911 operator, trying to keep everyone calm, asks: "Is your friend moving? Is he/she unconscious?"

Caller: "YES SHE'S NOT MOVING, COME QUICKLY, SHE'S UNCONSCIOUS, I THINK SHE'S DEAD OH MY GOD"

And it's logged as unconscious person with experts (EMTs, LE) sent to determine what exactly happened. If there was even a tiny chance to save someone's life, maybe with a very light pulse, they are surely going to try. A civilian is not going to be relied on to determine whether someone is alive or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member