ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely sad for your loss, ST, and sincere condolences….

I also find it very odd that no paramedics were called ….and agree it is the correct procedure for both to attend .… even for a deceased person … the equivalent of a 911 operator usually arranges for all services to attend …

Does anyone know if it was just a case of Paramedics arriving on scene a little later than the initial first responders, Police??

(The Police may have been in the local area and therefore arrived first??, closely followed by paramedics .?? ) Would have to check the very early images to clarify ….

IMO
There were emergency vehicles. Police got there first and I think right away they could tell all 4 were dead and told EMS not to go in, there was no need to render aid and they needed to secure the crime scene.

“Brian Nickerson, the fire chief of the Moscow Volunteer Fire and EMS Department, said police were the first to arrive at the home. The first responders from the fire and EMS department didn't go inside or transport anyone from the scene, Nickerson said.”

Can you please elaborate your thoughts here?

If you go back to earlier threads or even the Media Only thread I'm sure you'll find information on that. I think the answer is that 1 room was not rented out. I'll leave you to look for that though.
I’m aware that there were five roommates in a six bedroom house, and it was soon to be four. I just wonder how long it had been that way, it would all add to my understanding of the dynamics.

I’m sure it’s been discussed and apologies in advance, were all three girls in the same sorority? Were all five? I’m trying to get how Greek life at UI was. Was this an off campus essentially sorority house or just a group renting together? Maybe college rentals are different now, post pandemic. The girls seemed to be popular, and I am surprised that there was a spare bedroom that someone didn’t want to rent. Maybe the girls were all financially able to split the rent without an additional person. It has been said that there were a lot of parties-friend parties, or off campus sorority parties?

At my kid’s school, the off campus frat houses were party central because the fraternity could not be punished for parties that were not at the true fraternity house. Sure, they were subject to the town’s laws. The on campus fraternity house was where the philanthropic events were scheduled, and the craziness was off site. But my kid’s school was heavily into Greek life.

I just want to understand why there were more bedrooms than people, when I have rarely seen it that way. I assume it had nothing to do with what happened here, but it may help me understand their interpersonal relationships.

Haven't had time to read through even a portion of all of the posts here, but am amazed at how quickly this story has blown up all over the news & on this site. We're already on thread #7 here. Wow. It's obvious that Moscow, ID does not typically see horrific crimes like this - which is certainly one of the reasons this is getting so much attention/coverage.

Don't have a lot of input/theories into who could have done this. I go back & forth between thinking this was a local person who had an obsession for one (or more) of the girls in the house & got enraged with them for some imagined slight/being rejected - and then lashed out....to thinking this may have been a killer who randomly picked the house - with only having a rough idea of who lived there.

Some observations/thoughts:

-These killings were methodical & seemed planned.

-I suspect it was one perp., not two. Though I guess two is possible.

- To kill people when they're asleep & can't defend themselves is cowardly & heinous. Though the crimes were different, due to the nature of the victims probably being asleep/passed out when they were killed brings to mind the very high-profile murder of actor Bob Crane (1978, Arizona) & the lesser known Chaim Weiss murder (1986, New York). Both were beaten/bludgeoned when they were asleep in bed.

-I strongly suspect the perp./perps. is/are long gone from the area. He/she/they may have been local, but given that this story has gotten so much international attention - they would be idiots to stay in that town.

-To those of us who like crime dramas like CSI, Law and Order, etc. - it's a case like this that painfully illustrates that real life is very far removed from shows like those. I.e., in real life most crimes like this are not wrapped up in an hour's time with the criminal being quickly tracked down & confessing, etc.

This is a very good point and food for thought.
But, I also think of when the coroner said:

“Mabbutt couldn't say how many times each victim was stabbed but said it was safe to say each of them had multiple wounds. She declined to say where on the body they were stabbed and later clarified that the victims were stabbed in different places and a different amount of times.”

So I would still assume there would have been a lot of blood with each victim. JMO
That's why I thought there's no way the roommates called their friends instead of LE. I mean we're taught in kindergarten to dial 911 in an emergency. If you see a bloody dead body with multiple stab wounds you'd hope any person would dial 911, no matter how scary it is?

I guess it is possible for one person to have been stabbed just multiple times in the heart where you would die but maybe not bleed out from a huge wound. Or the body/clothes could have been covering any blood.

Again, I am not sure why LE would release this information as it's not really relevant to the public and it just raises even more questions. If they didn't want these girls to be harassed maybe this wasn't the best information to release.

Do we have confirmation of X and E’s timeline? As in, they left the frat party at 9 as confirmed by other people and/or video etc?

Some map ideas, notes, thoughts. Continuing

Qmfr:

Editing to add to above rabbit location. :(

Then, connect that square (previously triangle) with lines. Keep the triangle too actually.

Then in a separate map overlay the other LE-released map points. So second map should look like a square (or whatever shape) over the first shape of house with 2 Buddy locations plus one rabbit. :(

Then draw a circle around the whole perimeter maybe, idk start with 10 miles out.

—-

Eta then someone can also maybe try to apply Rossmo because there will be a minimum of tWhat
What rabbit?
(Sorry, I'm having trouble keeping up with the threads.)

I agree with you. 5 roommates at home in which all 3 floors occupied with roommate(s), and the athletic boyfriend on the 2nd floor. Dog on one of the floors. The killer had multiple escape opps on 2nd floor (sliding glass door and many windows). Seems to me like killer was a "welcomed" guest at one time and knew the pattern of roommates weekend routine and layout of entire 3 floor house. Not sure what floor laundry room was on but it contains a shower and sink along with washer and dryer. Perhaps the laundry room was used by killer to "clean self up" before exiting house?
If they knew the entire house why did they leave two girls alive in a basement portion? You're a killer who knows who lives there and you've just made some identifiable enough amount of noise and you DO NOT go check to see if there were witnesses left in the basement who peeked out or called police?

Leaving two people alive smells to me like someone who didn't know that house, didn't know the bottom-most level was also a roommate floor.

If they knew the entire house why did they leave two girls alive in a basement portion? You're a killer who knows who lives there and you've just made some identifiable enough amount of noise and you DO NOT go check to see if there were witnesses left in the basement who peeked out or called police?

Leaving two people alive smells to me like someone who didn't know that house, didn't know the bottom-most level was also a roommate floor.
agreed. it looks like a garage from outside.

Do we have confirmation of X and E’s timeline? As in, they left the frat party at 9 as confirmed by other people and/or video etc?
1:45AM - Kaylee & Madison arrive home via private party driver
1:45AM - EX/XK arrive home from Sim chi party (not far from the house)
2:26-2:44AM - Kaylee calls Jack 6 times
2:44AM-2:52AM - Madison calls Jack 3 times

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I snipped the above from the "official" timeline that was posted here before.

@layer is correct. I misheard candies for band-aid. Not sure how :oops: .
You’re only human! I am so grateful for all the transcripts you’ve provided on various cases I’ve been following. I’m honestly not sure how I got by before you started doing that, because I often didn’t have a chance to watch interviews or press conferences. Thank you!

Does anyone have a timeline for this case? Do we have an approx. window for the murders?
I believe in one of the earlier threads (5 or 6 maybe) a user posted a nice outline updated w/times, locations, etc after the PC yesterday :)

That's why I thought there's no way the roommates called their friends instead of LE. I mean we're taught in kindergarten to dial 911 in an emergency. If you see a bloody dead body with multiple stab wounds you'd hope any person would dial 911, no matter how scary it is?

I guess it is possible for one person to have been stabbed just multiple times in the heart where you would die but maybe not bleed out from a huge wound. Or the body/clothes could have been covering any blood.

Again, I am not sure why LE would release this information as it's not really relevant to the public and it just raises even more questions. If they didn't want these girls to be harassed maybe this wasn't the best information to release.
There are plausible reasons to believe the body was covered by a blanket, hiding any blood loss that would have been absorbed by mattress/sheets.

That being said, I do not understand the Gen Z of it all. They had to call friends to come over even when they found a roommate unresponsive. If this was NOT a murder investigation and the unresponsive roommate was actually passed out from alcohol poisoning, imagine explaining to their parents that they really wanted a friend to come over first to call because they don't like talking on the phone or "they're scared" of calling 911. Or whatever their reason may have been.

Further, I do NOT understand how this same roommate needed to call friends to come check on a person in her house instead of going to the rest of the rooms in the house for assistance. Police have confirmed several times now the police officers found the other bodies.

Honestly, when you think about it, I'm not shocked they spent a few days staring at the roommates like they knew something. They've cleared them now but good grief they didn't behave in a way you'd expect someone to in an emergency situation.

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I snipped the above from the "official" timeline that was posted here before.
Kaylee and Madison arrived home approximately 1:56. They were still at the food truck at 1:45. Police continue to name the wrong time that is verifiable by a video on the internet.

I have a question on the timeline. Not just directed to you. I find it odd two sets of people arrived from 2 different places at the same time. I'm wondering if they just know E and X were home at 1:45 a.m. when K and M got back? Meaning, by 1:45 a.m. everyone was accounted for. JMO

Good morning, Websleuthers!

This case was getting to me, so I stepped away from it for the weekend, but I intend to update the TIMELINE in the media thread sometime today. I am, however, about three days and four threads behind now, so if anyone wants to throw important timeline info (with sources!) at me so that they aren't missed or overlooked, just @ me, quote this thread, or DM me. I'll be going through the links that are already listed within the media thread first.

LE having to look at the roommates is normal. What was messed up was how their names and pictures were published for everyone to see by MSM. I keep mentioning Orsolya Gaal's case, but when her body was found, LE went to her home and actually put her 13-year-old son in handcuffs and removed him barefoot from the home, it turned out that the poor kid didn't have anything to do with the murder.

So, for MSM to go ahead and publish the names and pictures of them is just so messed up and helps nobody nor the case. And people questioning why two young, most likely in shock, girls acted the way they acted is just so pointless. We don't even know if they were the ones who found the bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77