ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully & wholeheartedly disagree with this sentiment/opinion. Given the extreme amount of attention this case has gotten & is continuing to get, the killer/killers would be an idiot to show up at the funeral(s). This is one of the top news stories at this time. The scrutiny the case is getting is overwhelming. I believe the killer/killers is/are long gone from that area. To go to the funeral(s) would be foolishly inviting unwanted attention on/to themselves.
But if the perp was a friend (not accusing anyone) their absence would be scrutinized too IMO.

In the Rhoden murders, 8 family members were killed by another family who were considered friends. 3 of the murderers went to the funerals, even when they were held in a different state.

I couldn't agree more...people asking why the other two roommates were not with the victims and claiming that as really weird...really?
It is weird, but it's not a "dark scenario" claim like this other person says. It's an observation that seeks an explanation.

People in these threads sometimes seem like they're looking to argue more than understand where some people are coming from.

You have inexplicable actions from someone. How do you figure out details that help make it explicable?

Someone pointed out the theory about locked doors and that makes the behaviors way more understandable.

But if the perp was a friend (not accusing anyone) their absence would be scrutinized too IMO.

In the Rhoden murders, 8 family members were killed by another family who were considered friends. 3 of the murderers went to the funerals, even when they were held in a different state.
Yes when the Chinese exchange student at the University of Illinois was killed a few years ago, the perp showed up to the memorial service on-campus

I agree with you. 5 roommates at home in which all 3 floors occupied with roommate(s), and the athletic boyfriend on the 2nd floor. Dog on one of the floors. The killer had multiple escape opps on 2nd floor (sliding glass door and many windows). Seems to me like killer was a "welcomed" guest at one time and knew the pattern of roommates weekend routine and layout of entire 3 floor house. Not sure what floor laundry room was on but it contains a shower and sink along with washer and dryer. Perhaps the laundry room was used by killer to "clean self up" before exiting house?
Very much agreed. Someone who would know the lay out of the house and who sleeps in each bedroom. Any thoughts on a handyman, property manager and who knows maybe the mail person, UPS, Fed Ex or Amazon Prime people. Where is the landlord and owner of the house? Lot's of people have been inside that house. Now I heard he was sloppy and left a trail of evidence. I think its someone who lives in the area going about his usual business ..plus doesn't have the funds to go on the run......All people I mentioned are all "welcomed" in the house.

If the red liquid on the outside of the house is indeed blood, there is no way it's source was from the interior murder scene. It would more likely be from the intruder escpaping along the exterior. Blood flowing sideways then through the wall and the tyvek just isn't feasible.

I assume that you haven’t seen the picture? As I visualize it, there’s no way that it could be the intruder escaping along the exterior. (It’s vertical distinct drip lines, not sideways smears.)

I don't understand why people here are focusing on the 911 call not being released and the surviving roommates' behavior around the call/the night before so much. It's pretty typical college house behavior to sleep during parties, loud noises, lock your door, etc. and also how/when 911 is called in as a result of such a traumatic scene is not that bizarre either to be handled poorly. Edit: Also in most states they don't have to release 911 calls if the call is the subject of an ongoing investigation or would be against the public interest, etc. There are legal protections that would be in play right now. It's been stated multiple times by LE that they are not considered suspects. Why are people allowed to speculate on that while others are not allowed to speculate about people close to the victims who were *not* officially cleared by police? lol. MOO
Once again, it has nothing to do with trying to paint a sinister portrait. It's trying to understand the scene and the behaviors and why the behaviors occurred and what it might suggest. I think the person who said locked doors is right on the money.

And you're not allowed to speculate on other people who haven't been named and described by the police for good reasons. We can talk about known entities in this case because they are known entities.

Except that after the press conference yesterday, police put out this statement on Facebook. Police have described this as one of the most gruesome scenes ever seen in 30 years on the job…how was it possible to see one of the victims and the main concern is that they aren’t waking up? If you were going to get help to try and wake them up, why would you call friends from off-site to come over instead of going to get your other roommates to come help? Very odd circumstances about this. Also strange they decided to release this info immediately after the press conference where fewer details were provided : https://m.facebook.com/100082550200493/
They didn’t say they SAW them. I think it’s very possible the killer pushed the door lock on the way out so the roommates just couldn’t get a response by knocking, yelling, calling on phone etc. They say they thought they were “passed out,” and I believe this. College kids out partying late—most logical assumption would probably be too much alcohol. Probably they weren’t toooooo worried—just enough to get friends. They should have immediately called 911 of course! But college kids aren’t going to do that.

Once again, it has nothing to do with trying to paint a sinister portrait. It's trying to understand the scene and the behaviors and why the behaviors occurred and what it might suggest. I think the person who said locked doors is right on the money.

And you're not allowed to speculate on other people who haven't been named and described by the police for good reasons. We can talk about known entities in this case because they are known entities.
Agreed on the first point! But certain individuals have been named by the police (just like the surviving roommates) in pressers as part of the facts surrounding the investigation, and not officially cleared.

Yes when the Chinese exchange student at the University of Illinois was killed a few years ago, the perp showed up to the memorial service on-campus
Yeah but he was definitely not a “friend” & had no knowledge of the victim Yingying Zhang til he kidnaped & murdered her… he was a murderous psycho-beast of a standard type, who chose a victim unconnected to him & did everything he could to cover his tracks… whereas this person apparently wanted to leave behind a gory rampage IMO

NY Post photo of house

71lwea.jpg

Shows good detail of rear access

I didn’t find anything odd along these lines until this statement from police yesterday. Keep in mind that it’s one of the bloodiest crime scenes police have seen, and if the only concern was someone was passed out and not waking up, someone unaware of what happened would have thought there were friends/roommates on site to ask for help rather than calling outside friends to come help… https://m.facebook.com/100082550200493/
If E’s brothers were indeed the friends they called over, and E (&/or X) were the roommates they were worried about, it would make sense to me they called them instead of going to wake up the other girls.

I don't understand why people here are focusing on the 911 call not being released and the surviving roommates' behavior around the call/the night before so much. It's pretty typical college house behavior to sleep during parties, loud noises, lock your door, etc. and also how/when 911 is called in as a result of such a traumatic scene is not that bizarre either to be handled poorly. Edit: Also in most states they don't have to release 911 calls if the call is the subject of an ongoing investigation or would be against the public interest, etc. There are legal protections that would be in play right now. It's been stated multiple times by LE that they are not considered suspects. Why are people allowed to speculate on that while others are not allowed to speculate about people close to the victims who were *not* officially cleared by police, but are mentioned in pressers? Wouldn't police "clear" those people to avoid speculation? MOO
Some people need to assign blame to anything and everything. There is also plenty of bluffing and big talk until you find yourself in the situation. Big surprises happen.

I've learned I don't handle emergencies well at all. I look like a jello jiggler standing there. JMO

Yeah but he was definitely not a “friend” & had no knowledge of the victim Yingying Zhang til he kidnaped & murdered her… he was a murderous psycho-beast of a standard type, who chose a victim unconnected to him & did everything he could to cover his tracks… whereas this person apparently wanted to leave behind a gory rampage IMO
Interestingly when I was researching knife attacks I realized and learned that they are more common in foreign countries where guns are more difficult to obtain.

It is weird, but it's not a "dark scenario" claim like this other person says. It's an observation that seeks an explanation.

People in these threads sometimes seem like they're looking to argue more than understand where some people are coming from.

You have inexplicable actions from someone. How do you figure out details that help make it explicable?

Someone pointed out the theory about locked doors and that makes the behaviors way more understandable.
I also think understanding off-campus student housing is important. If someone is unfamiliar with how it works, you might think all 5 people who live in a house together are best friends who spend 24/7 together.

Really what happens is these big houses are turned into 5/6 bedroom shared houses. Maybe 2 or 3 people find a house they really like. They then tell their friends and acquaintances they found a house and need 2-3 more roommates. So maybe two sets of best friends are sharing a house together but they aren't all always hanging out together. That's completely normal in off-campus housing but may seem crazy as an adult with a family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123AEW