ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it odd that the manager at Moscow Building Supply said that police had come to the store more than once to ask if they sold Ka-Bar knives (they do not sell those) but that police apparently did not go to Tri-State.
View attachment 381441
IMO if you’re in Moscow looking for a fixed blade knife most people would naturally think of Tri-State. Perhaps police have a POI who they know went to Moscow Building Supply recently?

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article268833397.html
Well that really isn't what I wanted to hear, these small town Police forces that are not accustomed to such an involved, high profile cases seem to drop the ball early on. I'm happy they had the foresight to call the FBI and the State Troopers but one would think SOMEBODY would've been at Tri-state by then. I also found it somewhat alarming that a week into this they are still checking on video cameras, that would've been high on the "To Do" list and already done too. I don't want to sound so over-critical though, I realize they have a very mysterious case to solve.

just to clear confusion. ‘First floor’ in the USA I’m assuming means the lower floor (not including basement/cellar)

In the UK the lower floor we refer to as ‘ground floor’, and our first floor is your second floor.

For a while I was very confused by this, in that the survivors were on the first floor which I took to mean the level with the kitchen/lounge on until I realised they were actually on the floor below.

Maybe I missed, but did the girls leave voicemails or was it just missed calls and text messages. Not pointing fingers but that seems to be an important part of the time line and I just wonder if there is proof that they actually made the calls.
In the presser the calls were cleared.

According to the Idaho sex offender registry, there is a sex offender living in the big apartment complex right next door to the crime scene as well as one living right behind the area on Walenta Dr.
There is also one who was an offender convicted under the UCMJ code of military justice. Might have experience with a ka bar. Lives two minute drive from the Corner Club.

I think the forensic testing may be a little like looking for a needle in a haystack. Trying to locate that bit of someone else's blood (the killers) among the bloody carnage at the house. Trying to locate the killer's DNA on the door handles of the bedrooms, when many people may have opened those doors (and the killer may have worn gloves).

And if they do find some mixed DNA or isolate an unknown person's DNA, is the killer's DNA on record anywhere?
And if they DID get DNA that was not on record, they would need to do geneology testing which I think takes a long time.

Personally I don’t think the dog skinning is related to the murders. A dog is a very different target than a human, let alone 4 humans. To me, the dog skinning seems more juvenile and opportunistic than four college students being murdered in their sleep. There seems to be at least some degree of planning involved with this crime (i.e., sneaking into a house undetected, potentially watching and waiting until the occupants were asleep) which the dog skinning doesn’t have. MOO.
You may be absolutely correct. The skinnings may not be related to the murders.

On the other hand, it is not impossible that the killer skinned the dog to 'practise' for the murders. That's where a lot of killers start. Skinning someone's pet is more adjacent to homicide than simply practising on a cut from the local butcher's. There's trespassing involved, not to mention the twisted glee of taking away something that someone else dearly cherished.

But of course, we have no way of knowing if the events are really connected, unless we get CCTV footage or a confession.

There are plausible reasons to believe the body was covered by a blanket, hiding any blood loss that would have been absorbed by mattress/sheets.

That being said, I do not understand the Gen Z of it all. They had to call friends to come over even when they found a roommate unresponsive. If this was NOT a murder investigation and the unresponsive roommate was actually passed out from alcohol poisoning, imagine explaining to their parents that they really wanted a friend to come over first to call because they don't like talking on the phone or "they're scared" of calling 911. Or whatever their reason may have been.

Further, I do NOT understand how this same roommate needed to call friends to come check on a person in her house instead of going to the rest of the rooms in the house for assistance. Police have confirmed several times now the police officers found the other bodies.

Honestly, when you think about it, I'm not shocked they spent a few days staring at the roommates like they knew something. They've cleared them now but good grief they didn't behave in a way you'd expect someone to in an emergency situation.
I’m with you on this, sometimes the only difference between life & death is time? Imagine a housemate was just badly injured & was not dead & you are spending time faffing about & calling friends to come over & a life may have been saved if you’d just called 911? Dreadful to think about.

There is also one who was an offender convicted under the UCMJ code of military justice. Might have experience with a ka bar. Lives two minute drive from the Corner Club.
I guess they have already been checked by LE.

Moo

just to clear confusion. ‘First floor’ in the USA I’m assuming means the lowest floor.p (aside from a basement/cellar)

In the UK the lower floor we refer to as ‘ground floor’, and our first floor is your second floor.

For a while I was very confused by this, in that the survivors were on the first floor which I took to mean the level with the kitchen/lounge on until I realised they were actually on the floor below.

(edited as I confused myself and forgot about basements)
It's the same as you. This house is built different.

He could be moving around by Greyhound bus and on foot, I guess. Especially if a hunter and used to moving around unseen in rural areas, woods etc. Probably an unusual scenario for the US but I don't think anything should be ruled out just because unusual or unlikely.

I don't see it. This was a bloody crime. This guy's gonna look like a bloody mess.

I agree with everything you've said. Someone on the forum said this type of knife might have a gizmo (?) on it that would prevent the hand from sliding down onto the blade. Also, what if he was wearing thick gloves?
Google image search Ka Bar knife. The police reported that it was a combat knife. It may not be a Ka Bar brand. It could be an off brand copy of a Ka Bar.
The Ka Bar was designed specifically for killing a human.

This thread will close in 5 minutes. Thread #8 is open and ready for posting.

This photo from the NYPost article someone posted earlier is a new perspective, and shows possibly where the blood runs were on the outside of the house. Based on the slope angle it didn't make sense for it to be on other side of the house and was clearly not from the parking/front side. MOO

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 1.40.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 1.40.43 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 1.55.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 1.55.38 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
I agree with everything you've said. Someone on the forum said this type of knife might have a gizmo (?) on it that would prevent the hand from sliding down onto the blade. Also, what if he was wearing thick gloves?
It's called a pommel or guard. Some fixed blade knives have one some don't. Kabars and the rambo style knives that have been referenced both have them and they extend out on the blade side and the spine side. Other knives will have one that just extends down on the blade side.

I agree, I have over a dozen cameras on my house.
Maybe I read too much true crime...
I agree, I even have them hidden inside our home as well (No one is stealing my partners’ expensive & extensive collection without being caught on camera)!

Snipped for focus. Do you have a link, please? I've only seen posts about the dog of the neighbours of Buddy's owners being very upset the evening Buddy was killed.
No I can’t find a MSM that mentions the dog, the only one that I‘ve found isn’t a reliable source and it reveals the names of the two girls that survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine