ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree... it is disturbing. I scroll faster than I have ever scrolled before! I simply don't want to read about that any further (my chihuahua is in my lap right now as I type). Glad to know I am not alone in the anxiety.

<modsnip>

Concerning the dog in the CS apartment, owned by Kayla and another person (paw prints would be presumably bloody, or possibly muddy)

Why didn't anyone hear the dog going berserk?

Either roommates inside or neighbors outside the house?

Could the killer have let the dog out? Was the dog normally leashed when out?

Could the killer have let the dog back in?

Could the killer have locked the dog in a bathroom or spare bedroom during the murders?

Are there paw prints of the dog following or chasing or confronting the killer?

Are there paw prints of the dog protecting one or more of the victims?

The dog may not be able to talk, but his tracks might speak just as loud.

All moo.

Last edited by a moderator:
They could even be relaxed after going through with it, until it builds again. The key would be that their behavior is different - could be worse, could be better.
"No-one that kills 4 people will be able to function normally and stay hidden - they are too damaged." You are applying your own morals to this. You couldn't be undamaged. A sociopath can be undamaged by what he did.

"No-one that kills 4 people will be able to function normally and stay hidden - they are too damaged." You are applying your own morals to this. You couldn't be undamaged. A sociopath can be undamaged by what he did.
Serial killer yes, IMO this is a crime of passion, anger, or jealousy. Serial killers are usually not mass killers. A serial killer usually kills for control over the victim, and victims are one at a time.

Interesting.

The clientele does not appear to be collegiate.

Maybe late at night it's a different story? Otherwise I wonder why this would be their bar of choice.

Jmo
i was just going to say the vibe from that bar seems radically different from the vibe i got from the Gals Instagram's not in a good or bad way just different.

I'm reposting this with "Not about the skinned dog!" disclaimer, since earlier it appeared in the midst of several posts concerning that.

Concerning the dog in the CS apartment, owned by Kayla and another person (paw prints would be presumably bloody, or possibly muddy)

Why didn't anyone hear the dog going berserk?

Either roommates inside or neighbors outside the house?

Could the killer have let the dog out? Was the dog normally leashed when out?

Could the killer have let the dog back in?

Could the killer have locked the dog in a bathroom or spare bedroom during the murders?

Are there paw prints of the dog following or chasing or confronting the killer?

Are there paw prints of the dog protecting one or more of the victims?

The dog may not be able to talk, but his tracks might speak just as loud.

All moo.
Young dog, may have been in crate.

For the police to mention and list all of the people WHOM ARE NOT suspects would take an incredible amount of time. Also if no one is a suspect, everyone is a suspect. Even the ones LE has cleared.
Yeah, I get it. But if I appeared in that video footage, I sure as heck would want it out there that I wasn't a suspect.

Interesting.

The clientele does not appear to be collegiate.

Maybe late at night it's a different story? Otherwise I wonder why this would be their bar of choice.

Jmo
That was probably during the day. It’s an establishment that has been there for decades. All alums go there when they visit. It’s nostalgic. On the weekends it’s packed with college students.

Some of this speculation about stalkers and strangers defies logic. Why would a stalker or stranger kill all 4?

This killer could have stopped at 1-2 (depending on which room he went to first)/ or 3. But he killed all 4. Why? He wanted all 4 dead. That is the "targeting" the cops are talking about. Maybe he wanted #5 and #6, and his internal alarm went off and he decided to forgo them and get out, deed done.
We don't know what evidence they have, but I believe for him to have killed all 4 and not woken the roommates (or the neighborhood for that matter) this had to be well organized at well planned.
He watched from the woods (hence the second pass by cops). Saw them come home. Lights on, lights off. Saw next group come home. Maybe dog was taken out. Lights on, lights off. House goes quiet, dark. Waits a bit. They're passed out, time to attack.
He is someone who had a vendetta against all 4 victims. He is known to them. He knows them. He knows they are partiers.
He's been in the house before and knows the layout. He knew how to get in. Dark clothes, hood but not a hat for risk of dropping it. Gloves. Military knife.
On foot, or car left at another location.
Purely MOO.
Agree with all you said. Thats why the perp wore a "hoodie" type covering. Possibly a suit. jmo ya ya

Serial killer yes, IMO this is a crime of passion, anger, or jealousy. Serial killers are usually not mass killers. A serial killer usually kills for control over the victim, and victims are one at a time.
sorry this was methodical. like a sociopath.

I can’t help thinking of the murder of Meredith Kercher. She had her throat slit in bed. The bed was a mess but IIRC the rest of the house was pretty clean? I could see it being possible for someone to do the same (x4) and keep it fairly contained to the actual beds.
I think you'd get a lot of blood spread around if there was a lot of activity involving the victim(s) during the stabbings. A slashing type injury will give more blood, at least at the outset, than a stabbing.

And regarding the murder weapon ... obviously the perp knew how to use it (possibly worked on a ranch, farm) and/or hunted (boar, deer, wolf) but if LE described it as a "relic" that suggests it's an older version (WWII, Navy, Marines) it then could be a weapon of convenience as opposed to choice (if the perp had access to older ex-military family/friends) and especially if the perp was not old enough to purchase a gun or whose background report would not clear for the purchase or who had enough intellect to know bullets are more traceable. The fact LE says no sexual assault took place strikes me as odd given the implied crime scene, suggesting the perp may not have experienced the stereotypical childhood psych or sexual abuse often associated with serial/mass murderers. Is there a reason LE seems to think the perp is a man? If it's true that the perp locked the bedroom doors, that detail feels more like something a female would do as opposed to a male.

To go into other people's home and kill 4 people screams predator. Then you consider the possible type of combat knife used. Very unlikely it was a woman. Backed by stats.

Just a roll of my limited intellectual dice would say a male comes up snake eyes. imo etc
So interviewing males in a random area is great TV.
Sorry - was just thinking it could be a lack of women on campus right now. Sorry for straying OT - I’m new & trying to learn & messed up on that …and can’t see how to delete myself. Shall I report my comment?

Thinking the same. My hope is that the FBI has much more and has not done any public commentary. Local LE seams to have nothing. This feels like a case that won't be quickly solved until the wheels come off the perp. No-one that kills 4 people will be able to function normally and stay hidden - they are too damaged.
Ted Bundy functioned pretty well

Gotcha :) I agree, statistically more so 1 killer. But oddly, I feel like this one could be twosome as well as the loner type thing. I keep flip flopping on my thoughts on this one!
I could see a sick partner who didn't murder but helped keep watch or held the doors etc. But honestly, two sickos with the same knife could've been there. And most likely, I guess, is just one guy.
Since there's so much we don't know (why can't they tell which door it was, were they all in bed or were some in a hall, where was the dog when this happened, etc) there's room for a lot of possibilities.

There Are Some pretty smart sleuths On This Site, Some great opinions On What Happens So Many! I’m betting once This perp Is caught, One or more Of You will Have been spot On 100% Correct about How, What and Why This Went Down I’m Sure..
You never know, the motive for this crime could be something no one could have ever imagined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood