We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

I'm not seein' it. The mountain in your image is shorter than the "animal head" in the actual print and is tucked under the "fist" which isn't what I'm seeing in the actual print. What looks like a wave crest in Quicksilver's logo is over the mountain, the "fist" in the footprint (their wave) is about where the eyes (or trefoil) of the "animal" is. MOO
I agree, Quicksilver is close but not quite right. The angle of the mountain isn’t right to my eye. I searched eBay for old Quicksilver shoes to see if they had anything different for the logo but had no luck. I tried searching knockoff Quicksilver logo and didn’t have much luck there either. I now find myself going to the shoe department in stores and flipping over shoes to look at tread.

What part of the shoe does everyone think this print came from? Obviously the outsole, but is it the heel? The toes / ball of the foot? Instep area?

I tried to draw around the outline of the area of tread that I can see. Honestly, I've been wondering if this print is actually from a shoe at all. Having outlined it, I do now think it is a shoeprint, we are seeing the upper part of the tread pattern. The heel, I believe is missing. It's odd, because the area of design (imo) is where the shoe needs most traction and most flexibility, but the design isn't really suited to either need.

I've been looking at the shoes of my family and almost none have single lines of tread going, unbroken, from side to side. If we could figure out the type of shoe (its purpose - walking, dressy, sandal, etc.) we could narrow the search down a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_20221122_144902.jpg
    IMG_20221122_144902.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 35
What part of the shoe does everyone think this print came from? Obviously the outsole, but is it the heel? The toes / ball of the foot? Instep area?

I tried to draw around the outline of the area of tread that I can see. Honestly, I've been wondering if this print is actually from a shoe at all. Having outlined it, I do now think it is a shoeprint, we are seeing the upper part of the tread pattern. The heel, I believe is missing. It's odd, because the area of design (imo) is where the shoe needs most traction and most flexibility, but the design isn't really suited to either need.

I've been looking at the shoes of my family and almost none have single lines of tread going, unbroken, from side to side. If we could figure out the type of shoe (its purpose - walking, dressy, sandal, etc.) we could narrow the search down a bit.
My dear foam slippers have that tread style. They're falling apart but I should probably document the similarities.

Old dearform slippers tread pattern. Attaching for reference to note ball of foot and toe area tread size and width.

Attachments

• 20221122_170712.jpg
    20221122_170712.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
A bit unrelated to the thread but idk about you guys but my algorithm now thinks I’m obsessed with shoes and that’s all I see in ads now lol
Years ago I was active on a murder thread here. Somehow the subject of bedbugs came up. It was completely unrelated to the murders, but people couldn't let it go, the discussion went on for pages.

For months afterwards, I was still getting ads from bedbug extermination company's. :)

JMO

Last edited:
To add another layer of possibilities, a couple of shoe bottoms I’ve looked at have had logos for tire companies that have co-created the soles. I know I saw Michelin man on bottoms of one shoe and some other tire brand on another that escapes my brain.

They look especially flat. Like slides, slippers, foam shoes. Not sneakers, not boots.

Could they be limited edition promo shoes? Mass produced cheapies?
I've been thinking along these lines too. I feel like they for sure aren't heavy duty work or hiking boots. Not any sort of running shoe. Maybe a slip on tennis shoe or cheap beach shoes or something similar. But the "picture" must be something!

I wonder if the illegible marks before the CA are the size, and the CA refers to Canada.

Looking at the bottom of the image, that pattern repeats below what we've all been focusing on (trefoil circled in green).
So vertical is the correct orientation, and this is perhaps a slipper, bootie or cheap slip-on. MOO

Attachments

• IMG_20221122_144902_repeat.jpg
    IMG_20221122_144902_repeat.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 32
I was thinking if it is a slipper/sandal/thong/flipflops wouldn't there be more tread than image especially cheap ones. The cheaper ones may want more of a safety design so they are more resistant to slipping? IDK that is one rationale we may want to consider. Or does it depend?

Last edited:
Imagine a Tracker thinking about this non-stop. It's driving me nuts (short drive). I was thinking about obscure brands like Kangaroos that went out in the 80's and Sorel boots. Thing is that I am sure I have see this pattern before, but just cannot get the shuffling old man with the dusty filing cabinets in my brain to find the right file.

Imagine a Tracker thinking about this non-stop. It's driving me nuts (short drive). I was thinking about obscure brands like Kangaroos that went out in the 80's and Sorel boots. Thing is that I am sure I have see this pattern before, but just cannot get the shuffling old man with the dusty filing cabinets in my brain to find the right file.
It's good to know we aren't the only ones thinking about this day and night!

I looked through Kangaroos upthread. Really thought I was onto something, but it didn't pan out. I still think the image looks like a boxing kangaroo. And the trefoil looks like a little kangaroo head.

Looking at the bottom of the image, that pattern repeats below what we've all been focusing on (trefoil circled in green).
So vertical is the correct orientation, and this is perhaps a slipper, bootie or cheap slip-on. MOO
Awesome! We noticed the extra trefoil at the bottom early on, but never realized the entire image repeats. I took a closer look and there are a couple of other faint tread lines right beside the trefoil. I moved the image down to that area and it fits perfectly.

So, this little kangaroo boxing / wolf / rat flexing image is on the ball of the foot and also maybe the arch area into the heel.

Attachments

• IMG_20221123_085219.jpg
    IMG_20221123_085219.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20221123_090336.jpg
    IMG_20221123_090336.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online