GUILTY CO - 5 Dead/18 Injured in Shooting at Club Q, Colorado Springs, Nov 2022 *arrest*

Referencing my own post yesterday, I remember from the Bucks County Four case in 2017 that Cosmo DiNardo was injured in a dirt bike accident a year before the murders. Did something similar happen to Aldrich?

Reference is PTSD & trauma, which could mean something acute. But it could also stem from issues with his parents (I’ll put the link at the end) or from this:

“He appears to have been the target of online bullying during his teenage years. A webpage created in 2015 includes images of Aldrich alongside a number of profane insults and bigoted remarks about him. His grandparents are named, alongside more vitriol leveled at his parents.” What we know about Anderson Lee Aldrich, the alleged Colorado Springs Club Q shooter

(Another thing to consider is that many laypeople use “PTSD” as shorthand for general “in need of counseling” and he may well not have ever had a formal PTSD diagnosis).

Kind of? We definitely have history of LE refusing to follow our Extreme Risk Protection Orders (EPRO) Law, which is the law that allows a judge to sign an order to remove weapons from someone they deem a risk to themselves or others and domestic offenders. I'm just not sure about the family members part specifically. After we passed the ERPO, a lot of so-called "constitutional sheriffs" refused to enforce the law. In fact, the first time the bill was introduced, it didn't pass (this was before I was involved in policy) because sheriffs didn't support it, which was extremely disappointing because a big goal of the bill was to protect LE after a man who was known to have made theats against LE ambushed police in Douglas County, murdering a young deputy named Zachari Parrish.

The second time we ran it, it passed into law, supported vocally by the sheriff who was Dep. Parrish's supervisor. But multiple other sheriffs said they would not enforce.

After a while, the sheriffs stopped vocally opposing the law, but it was pretty clear they weren't enforcing it either. This was an urgent problem for those of us in domestic violence policy because our survivors were filing for ERPOs and regular protection orders (which in CO also require the restrained party to relinquish their guns) and the guns weren't getting taken away. Sheriffs were saying that they didn't know how to seize, secure, and store the guns in a constitutional way--to be fair, even though the original bill explained this pretty well, Colorado does have some extra requirements in our State Constitution protecting firearm ownership. So an excellent policy director in the field wrote a bill laying out procedures for them and a group of DV champion legislators introduced it in 2020.

The final public hearing was just a couple days before we had to close our Capitol and our legislative session due to COVID! Several of my colleagues and I actually caught COVID testifying. Fortunately, when the legislature reconvened for an emergency session during the summer, they were able to pass this lifesaving bill!

Anyway, two people I will never forget were among the small group testifying against us. This guy, who actually reminds me a bit of ALA in terms of MO:

And then there was Janet Huffor, representing the El Paso County Sheriff's Office and the County Sheriffs of Colorado. El Paso County is the location of Colorado Springs. She went on a nonsensical rant that pointed out zero flaws with bill, and basically spent the whole time bragging about how the typical El Paso resident owns dozens of guns (no proof) and about some guy called the Dragon Man who owns an arsenal museum?

So yeah. Colorado has laws that would have prevented this and should have been enforced. We also have (a select few) sheriffs more interested in pandering to the violent fringe than protecting our citizens. Frankly, I hope the victims' families sue them for failing to deal with ALA as the law prescribes.
Well IMO red flag laws don't work except to keep law abiding citizens from protecting themselves. Especially women trying to get out of abusive relationships. I have seen that used against them by the abusive male.

And it didn't work in this case either. Clearly.

What WOULD have worked IMO is if he'd actually been charged and convicted for the crimes (FELONIES) he DID commit.

IMO ...But someone didn't do their job. Too many lazy investigators and prosecutors. This is one reason sheriffs are against red flag laws. The other laws aren't even being enforced. It's difficult to get a weapon and shoot up a place when you're doing time in the hoosegow.

View attachment 381386

["Unapologetic. This is who I am and you can adjust or not. That’s the kind of person he was, very strong and proud," Charter said of his friend, Daniel Davis Aston, who is among the victims of the deadly shooting.]

[“He was the happiest he had ever been,” said Sabrina Aston. “He was thriving and having fun and having friends. It’s just unbelievable. He had so much more life to give to us and to all to his friends and to himself.”

Despite crippling shock and grief that her youngest child was killed, the Astons said they wanted to speak out about what happened to their son to bring more “exposure and acceptance” about the transgender community.]
So very sad

Colorado gay club shooter is NON-BINARY and uses they/ them pronouns, lawyer says - as it's revealed estranged father is MMA fighter and *advertiser censored* STAR named 'Dick Delaware'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ex-MMA-turned-*advertiser censored*-star.html

''COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — The alleged shooter facing possible hate crime charges in the fatal shooting of five people at a Colorado Springs gay nightclub is nonbinary, the suspect’s defense team says in court filings.

In several standard motions filed on behalf of Anderson Lee Aldrich on Tuesday, public defenders refer to the suspect as “Mx. Aldrich,“ noting in footnotes that Aldrich, 22, is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns. The motions deal with issues like unsealing documents and evidence gathering, not Aldrich’s identity and there was no elaboration about it.''

''The suspect’s father is a mixed martial arts fighter and *advertiser censored* performer with an extensive criminal history, including convictions for battery against the alleged shooter’s mother, Laura Voepel, both before and after the suspect was born, state and federal court records show''

''Additionally, a YouTube account was opened in Brink’s name that included an animation titled “Asian homosexual gets molested.“

WTH is that to help his defense in some way?
Now it cant be a Hate Crime? Still is IMO!
I'm not sure how this person can still be charged with a hate crime if people who identify as non-binary are considered to be part of the same community this person targetted. But maybe, if certain qualifications are met? Such as previous comments heard by witnesses or something like that?

This article it states "Hate crime charges would require proving that the shooter was motivated by bias, such as against the victims’ actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity." Colorado Club Q shooting suspect is 'non-binary,' public defenders say

This article also has a really good explanation of Colorado's hate crime statutes The suspected gunman faces hate-crime charges. Here’s what that means in Colorado.

People of the State of Colorado v. Anderson Lee Aldrich Colorado Judicial Branch

WTH is that to help his defense in some way?
Now it cant be a Hate Crime? Still is IMO!
Wouldn’t there need to be some kind of proof that this wasn’t a new idea thrown out there by his attorney to help with his defense? Would there need to be witnesses or something that showed that he used they/them pronouns as his preference for awhile before this horrific event?

Since he targeted them for their orientation, he will still be charged with a hate crime.
That's the part that has to be established according to the law, that "they" targetted them for that specific reason.
I'm using they in quotes because I do suspect this is a legal tactic, which makes the person even more genuinely despicable.

jmo

Wouldn’t there need to be some kind of proof that this wasn’t a new idea thrown out there by his attorney to help with his defense? Would there need to be witnesses or something that showed that he used they/them pronouns as his preference for awhile before this horrific event?
I would think yes, but... that seems to open up a massive can of worms about questioning people's identity.
Which ironically, I think (maybe?) is the whole point.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geneasearcher
Back