ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking: I have seen cases where law enforcement will put out false information to try and draw out a killer. For example they may state they have information leading to a potential suspect and that they are getting closer to identifying a suspect. I have seen cases, though those were older cases where the police would enlist a newspaper reporter to put false information geared to drawing out the killer- letting the killer think they are closer to identifying that suspect than they are. When law enforcement comes out like they are now and indicating basically they are clueless, I think it gives the killer a whole lot of confidence.
Maybe reverse psychology so killer will rest on his laurels, relax and mess up?

Makes sense, but don’t these types generally use guns?
I can only speculate that the rage built up to this. IMO. Also I also think there was more planning than some comments seem to indicate. Rage for killing and planning for quiet led to knife. JMO

Interesting comment early on about "what you don't see" in "a photo or video" could be as important as what is visible
Of every statement made, I found this most interesting. I am torn as to whether this is meaningful or just an odd phrasing.
It sounds like a riddle but I highly doubt there was intent.

Things you might NOT see that would matter: someone not in a group photo where you'd expect them, someone who had been at an event and then was unexpectedly absent, something that was missing from the house, something that is missing from a secondary location.

Odd.

I think others have said this before but the 911 call is probably extremely chaotic and traumatic to listen to. And perhaps something unfolded on the call that is now relevant to the investigation. Maybe a person on the call is under the age of 18 and that factors into it. Personally, I find 911 calls distressing to listen to and never understand the public clamor for them in the aftermath of a crime.

Possibly during the 911 call some significant piece of evidence was revealed by person or persons making the call. Something only the assailant would know. I know that sounds like "Captain Obvious" but there might have been some small detail in the call that was told to dispatcher that LE feels is vital to building their case. May not be the case of who or when call was made, but
what was revealed....some small detail that might seem insignificant but
in reality is very significant.

This. Also, they may think one of the "cleared" individuals is the killer.

They say they're cleared, all the while they're building the case and keeping the suspect from lawyering up.

This allows them to talk to the suspect, who speaks (thinking they're smart) thus hanging themselves one way or another.
Or gets the confidence to dispose of key evidence thinking they are not being watched...
MOO, this was the reason for this press release; to make clear these individuals were NOT being considered anymore... why else call a press release to give absolutely no more information...

This case confuses me. I have read repeatedly that the killer was unsophisticated, messy, etc…… yet there seems to be zero clues about who the killer actually is. I don’t get it. If they were so messy and careless, why is there no evidence leading to them?
There is evidence. But all the evidence needs to be collected, processed and analysed. Information needs to be gathered. For DNA and fingerprints you need a sample to compare it with. It all is not easy and takes time. A lot of time. We need patience.

Out of the whole press conference the only thing interesting that came up is the 911 call and the wi fi pinging question. What the hell is the point of these stunts? Why is nobody asking about the DNA, handprints, what do they have on the killer? These should be the most basic questions possible. Instead we get:

"How are you feeling guys, you good? Do you need a cup of coffee tomorrow"?

What the... Are the reporters not allowed to ask certain questions or something?

I really wish someone had asked about the dog Murphy, whether he was in the house at the time of the murders, left outside, deliberately let out by the killer etc. Would be interested to know if the killer/s changed their plans because of the dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dontstayin