ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion... every law enforcement agency working this case was represented at the news conference on Wednesday except for the FBI.
Whenever a crime is solved or close to being solved or a perp becomes a person of interest, the FBI is always front and center to claim their part of the credit for it.
The absence of the FBI is telling me this case is going to go on for awhile longer.
We had the FBI front and center with Lina and she is still missing. :(

Hey guys somebody had posted a YouTube video earlier that was an investigation of the layout and what not, I can’t find it anymore but if somebody could link you may save me hours LOL :)

If that's true, that Xana's bedroom is at the back of the house, then someone could easily sit on the hill behind the house, hidden by trees, and look directly into the bedrooms of the victims. Someone watching would know exactly when the lights went out, and decide when to try to break-in ... perhaps through the kitchen door at the back of the house.
Definitely, since all of them on 2nd and 3rd floor had windows to the back, but the surviving friends had windows to the front. I at least suspect that the killer got in from the sliding door or the window in the kitchen, to the right of the sliding door seeing the house from the outside. The forensics were very interested in that window it seems like.

Attachments

• undefined - Imgur(4).png
    undefined - Imgur(4).png
    785.6 KB · Views: 116
  • undefined - Imgur(5).png
    undefined - Imgur(5).png
    503.4 KB · Views: 113
  • undefined - Imgur(6).png
    undefined - Imgur(6).png
    820.4 KB · Views: 111
  • undefined - Imgur(7).png
    undefined - Imgur(7).png
    437 KB · Views: 119
Press Conference Summary11/23

Police will not release the following evidence or information as it is part of the ongoing investigation:
  • 911 Transcript
  • LE refused to confirmed if they have evidence that the killer may have walked or went to the first floor
  • The entrance where the killer entered the house.
  • Police did not respond to a question if they have a suspect or closer to an arrest
  • Decline to name which victim is in 2nd and third floor.
  • Did not go into details if they knew who was killed first
LE updates and commentary
  • They found no evidence of a stalker despite exhaustive investigation into reports. However they're not done investigating this incident
  • Police believe that this was a targeted attacked but stopped short to say more about it as it may jeopardize the investigation
  • Vehicles in front of the property are considered part of the crime scene and it's being investigated. Crime scene area has expanded
Observation:
Their choice of words is telling. I now strongly believe that they have a poi.
  • They're asking for tips, not leads
  • They never said "who" when referring to the killer but rather they want to know why (motive)
  • Excessive explanation of evidence collecting process and investigation procedure, uses “evidence many times in a sentence
  • We're not willing to sacrifice speed for quality" (they're building their case)
  • They never say “whoever did this", they didn’t pressed too much on “we need to catch this guy”, their number 1 priority is collecting evidence for a stronger case that will tie the crime to the killer
  • They're asking the public for help in identifying evidence (surveillance camera, murder weapon)

In regards to the red stains on the outside wall being blood or heating oil. A poster replied that the home did not use heating oil, but I don't recall that this information was verified. The following website shows that less than 2% of houses in Idaho use heating oil. Heating oil is not common in the west, but it is available. I just don't know that much about it. My question: I assume that heating oil is delivered to a property and stored in a tank similar to propane. Is this correct? If so, wouldn't a heating oil tank be visible in some of the photos of the exterior of the home?

I am from Rocky Mountains, WY and Colo, I can tell you there are ZERO homes here with "heating oil", I did not even know what it was til a made friends with someone from the east coast that used that and that was in my 50's One could not buy heating oil for a furnace out here if someone wanted to. That said, hard to imagine how could any liquid leak "out" of a house, even like water in an overflowed bathtub.

I’d like to know the answer to this as well. To me it seemed low, but don’t let me pretend I’m an expert lol

103 pieces of evidence felt rather low to me, but his presentation sounded as though he considered it a lot. It might depend on what a piece of evidence is. Maybe a computer, a phone, a notebook, etc. and things like samples of blood from different places in the room are classified as something entirely different?

All this is just my speculation—I’m no expert.

May be a long shot here, but I haven’t seen it explored so thought I’d throw it out there.

How’s their relationship with the landlord? He/she would inevitably know the layout, and have access to enter. Again, it’s a long shot but just throwing out other ideas.

This is probably remote, but.... K just got a great new job, correct? It's my understanding that the job will be some distance away, but it's for a company she's been working for?

What if someone else thought they were getting the job, and it got pulled out from under them? Especially if the perp thought she only got it because she was female and pretty?

That podcast with the coroner has been pulled -- although the title has not changed, it was replaced and/or limited to the midterm election results.
No, it is not pulled. When I just googled Banfield podcast, and then clicked Banfield on Apple Podcasts, it came right up. Last part of November 17 episode has all the audio with the coroner.

Thanks, I have always leaned toward the red stains being blood and am just trying to provide extra proof to dispel the heating oil angle. I did see that a company in Pullman sells heating oil.
In a previous life, I was an HQS inspector for Whitman County, WA. While very uncommon there, I seem to remember a few in more rural areas like Tekoa, etc. Never saw one in Pullman city limits, at least that I remember!

Creepy guy acted alone i dont see more than one person psycopaths dont want to get caught probably loving all the attention from media watching all of it so creepy
My opinion:
Moscow is too hot an area now for the perp to strike again.
Too many news people, additional police, etc looking up every tree in town.
A person such as this will at some point in time have the need to kill again.
Meantime, they're basking in their work from all the attention media, police and the public are showering them with.

Does anyone know of any online sources for unsolved homicide data, preferably broken down by state, that is already in tabular form or a spreadsheet? Data that is kept current would be great. I think it would be interesting to plug such data into ArcPro and see what, if any spatial correlations there might be.

The Murder Accountability Project has quite a lot of data.
I think it can be sorted and there is also an interactive map.

I am from Rocky Mountains, WY and Colo, I can tell you there are ZERO homes here with "heating oil", I did not even know what it was til a made friends with someone from the east coast that used that and that was in my 50's One could not buy heating oil for a furnace out here if someone wanted to. That said, hard to imagine how could any liquid leak "out" of a house, even like water in an overflowed bathtub.
Why doesn't a reporter or someone ask the police if the stains showing on the side of the house are bloodstains or what are they?

I have a problem with the surviving roommates not yelling for all their roommates to help investigate the “unconscious” roommate
I’ve taken some days off from this case as we’re all spinning our wheels and getting nowhere here.
And to put things in perspective, here in Virginia in the last ten days, we’ve had a mass shooting at UVA, a mother and her three children killed in their home by her boyfriend, and now the mass shooting in the Chesapeake Walmart. It’s real, you know?
These shootings were ‘solved’ so I guess that’s why they don’t get as much attention. I’m just tired. Sick of the killing in this country. Nobody is safe.
I can’t believe the Idaho case will go cold.it’s unimaginable in this day and age. Anyways.
i don’t think it will go cold. LE has done many odd things with this case many of which I think are deliberate. Clearing all poi’s quickly being one. I think they are closer than it looks.

Definitely, since all of them on 2nd and 3rd floor had windows to the back, but the surviving friends had windows to the front. I at least suspect that the killer got in from the sliding door or the window in the kitchen, to the right of the sliding door seeing the house from the outside. The forensics were very interested in that window it seems like.
1669270466650.png

Is it this you are talking about from outside of the house?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 07-06-58 Aerial view above house where University of Idaho students w...png
    Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 07-06-58 Aerial view above house where University of Idaho students w...png
    606 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 07-08-29 Aerial view above house where University of Idaho students w...png
    Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 07-08-29 Aerial view above house where University of Idaho students w...png
    634.1 KB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member