ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I found them unconscious, then #1 first.

But if I found them unconscious in a pool of blood having been stabbed multiple times, then #3.
I agree. I lived with 4 female roommates too when I was in college. If something happen at home, one of us will be alerted first since we all live together, 5 of us will congregate and meet up in the apartment before involving our other friends who does not live in the house.

I don’t believe surviving roommates are involved.

Few things stood out regarding surviving roommates:

- Too distraught to talk to 911 (their friend/s called from one of their phone, they saw the body? The smell maybe was too strong ? Or they heard something but they’re too scared to believe it.
- I didn’t see any reports of either roommates made an attempt to call K and M, maybe they did. But if they didn’t , why? Did they hear something that night ? Maybe they knew something is wrong but they just couldn’t put their finger on it.

Lol these are not from the landlord. I made these a few days ago. I based it on the poorly drawn plans the landlord drew and the Zillow pictures. There are a cleaner looking set of plans that are probably more accurate in terms of scale but I had nothing to do with those, they just look almost identical.

I am interested in the blood, I.e., dripping or not down the wall.
I don’t know much about roofing, but could the roofers have splashed something against the wall?

For a small town there is actually a lot going on, not only odd stuff but also drugs calls and theft calls etc - I am from a similarly sized town in a different part of the world and there is way less stuff going on here.
Exactly what I was thinking, it's crazy! The police must really have their hands full in Moscow, ID.

We can't blame it all on the students, as there are many other similar-sized towns that have colleges and I'm sure they don't have all these goings on.

I live in a big town with a population of approx.120,000, and it's like a quiet village compared to Moscow!

I thought the stains on the outside were blood initially...yet I've changed my mind about that for a simple reason: No evidence marker.

MOO: Had that been blood, the PD would not have missed it. If they have missed it, I'd throw my hands up in frustration and chalk this case up to "never going to get solved". If it was blood, it would have been swabbed, most likely covered to preserve it until testing came back, and there would have been an evidence marker there. I've not seen any pictures where it's been covered or markers set.
Or pictures of police anywhere near it & looking at it either. MOO

I read elsewhere that people have been able to see how many times the property was searched for leading up to the murders and the names of the victims through various analytic programmes etc. I’m too thick to be able to do that or know how relevant this information would actually be. Anyone able to expand on that?

There were two incidents on Deakin Ave. in the police report. The area is full of frat houses/ sororities...weird report of a guy walking into a business and taking his shoes off? The egg!

What's the drugs situation in Moscow like? I'm talking mainly about the locals more than the students.
Are there huge problems there? Or not at all? If so, what's the major drug most people use?

Just trying to find a bit of background for all this crazy and weird in such a small town.

Last edited:
The trouble is, it does not work that way. LE are not authorized to declare death. And until death is declare, EMS is obligated to treat. While it is understandable that it was a very bloody scene, the response here was unusual in my opinion.

I don't think that's accurate. Although it varies a bit by state, obvious death can be determined by a number of responders. Here's some reference from Spokane county WA:

I wasn't able to quickly find Idaho rules, but obvious things like decapitation, rigor mortis, algor mortis, palor mortis, stage of decomposition, insect activity, etc. do not require EMT to treat. The death certificate and determining manner of death is left up to the coroner, but when LE showed up to the murders, they were able to determine that the victims were dead. They were not able to determine manner and time of death, but that's a whole other issue.

I read elsewhere that people have been able to see how many times the property was searched for leading up to the murders and the names of the victims through various analytic programmes etc. I’m too thick to be able to do that or know how relevant this information would actually be. Anyone able to expand on that?
Thanks for asking this, I saw a glimpse of that too and very curious about that.

What's the drugs situation in Moscow like? I'm talking mainly about the locals more than the students.
Are there huge problems there? Or not at al? If so, what's the major drug most people use?

Just trying to find a bit of background for all this crazy and weird in such a small town.
Pot. MOO.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

MOO: What might be in some way connected, if anything, are either the incidence of a 19-year old being unconscious at Pi Beta Phi one week before or the break-up a few houses away ("RP says her ex is kicking her out of the apartment. Would like an officer to respond to make sure things don't get out of hand.", as a possible trigger to someone)

Still MOO: Reports at least contain some new facts and add background. For example, no noise complaint about that house during the previous week. The speculation on dogs barking/not, 911 call(ers) being weird/not or blood on the wall/not are kinda just ruminating over the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

KAYLEE'S FAMILY SPEAKS OUT: This weekend, Kaylee Goncalves' mom, sister and aunt spoke to NBC NEWS. Kaylee's sister said that Kaylee & Maddie arrived home at 1:56 a.m. on 11/13/22, and that she confirmed the timestamp from video footage and told the cops.
Really insightful interview. At the end, the sister uses the word about perp as "they", which is interesting. At the beginning, the mom whispers to sister "got to get it right. don't get mad". For as close as the girls all seemed, they had little to nothing to say about the surviving friends. They also had little to say about E and X. It was very stoic concerning E, X and surviving roommates. The interview seems like they were trying to draw someone out and emphasized that they are not working with police.

That is up to the state. I am previous LE and you are allowed to dismiss EMS when death is readily apparent and obvious. Granted that applies to my States laws, unsure of Idaho statutes.

EDIT : Idaho Statutes do not require EMS to declare death.
They did that here once. L E pronounced a woman beaten to death covered with brush, dead. When EMTs were finally allowed on the scene she was alive, rushed to the hospital where she died. Lots of new regulations were put into place.

Guess who killed her....

OK. I stand corrected. Maybe I'm misremembering anyway.

P.S. I deleted the post you're referring to so that nobody else ends up wasting time and effort responding. It's good to get extraneous stuff off these threads imho.
And my point was not that I think you are wrong. My point was that if you are right that LE arrived and called off the ambulance that would not be what I expect is normal procedure. Even with undetectable breathing and no detectable pulse a person may still be revivable. There may have been observable signs of obvious death such as lividity but I would have expected LE to give access to EMS. I have not been able to find any Idaho law on who and when death can be declared.

Just some musing from me, all my own opinion...

Without hearing the 911 call we don't know the sequence of events but just me thinking if I found my roommate unconscious I would go and get my other roommates to help, now knowing that the girls called friends over I assume that 1)they were scared and in shock and 2) that they saw blood and didn't want to go upstairs (maybe they even screamed for the others and got no answer)

The unconscious person logged isn't a worry for me because unless that person is sitting up or talking etc then it's gonna get logged unconscious because they can't determine death over the phone until ems/le arrive.

Also without hearing from the killer themselves we don't know if they intended to kill everyone in the house and left the 2 girls because 1) they were disturbed 2) the girls doors were locked

But just thinking about that must be so scary for the surviving girls not knowing if they were going to be killed also and it was just luck that they weren't. Can you imagine how scared you would be knowing they were still out there and you didn't know if they would come back to finish it.

All MOO

And my point was not that I think you are wrong. My point was that if you are right that LE arrived and called off the ambulance that would not be what I expect is normal procedure. Even with undetectable breathing and no detectable pulse a person may still be revivable. There may have been observable signs of obvious death such as lividity but I would have expected LE to give access to EMS. I have not been able to find any Idaho law on who and when death can be declared.
Certain states allow EMT's to pronounce a person dead. This is why EMT's are given access to crime scenes even when the individual(s) is no longer alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member