Silver Alert OK - Grady Benson, 69, not at home, all vehicles are at home & wallet, keys & phone in PU trk, Randlett, 9 Nov 2022

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1668613692822.png

COTTON COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – The Cotton County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a missing 69-year-old man who was last seen November 9.

According to authorities, Grady Bruce Benson was last seen Wednesday, Nov. 9 at approximately 8 p.m. at his home in southern Cotton County.

Benson was last seen wearing blue jeans, white T-shirt, red jacket, and boots.

Officials say Benson’s vehicles are all accounted for.

If you see Benson or have any information on his whereabouts, contact the Cotton County Sheriff’s Office at 580-875-3383.

COTTON COUNTY, Okla. (KOKH) — The Cotton County Sheriff's Department is searching for a 69-year-old man who was last seen on Nov. 9 around 8 p.m.

Deputies say Grady Bruce Benson was last seen on Wednesday, Nov. 9 at his home in southern Cotton County around 8 o'clock that night. He was last seen wearing a pair of blue jeans, white t-shirt, red jacket and boots. All of Benson's vehicles have been accounted for.

The sheriff's office launched a Search and Rescue Operations on Friday, Nov. 11, after receiving a call that Benson was still missing. The search continued into Saturday and Sunday. As of Monday, Benson is still missing, having been gone nearly a week now.

If anyone has any information on Benson's disappearance or knows of his whereabouts, they are asked to call the Cotton County Sheriff's Office at (580) 875-3383.

This is really strange. Video at the link is with his wife and son.

LAWTON, Okla. (KSWO) - Maxine Benson said her husband was last seen Wednesday evening at Bill’s restaurant in Waurika. She said they both had dinner with friends then Grady went home and she left for a girl’s trip.

“I texted him that night and said goodnight, but no answer, and he doesn’t text back. I thought well he is awake he’ll call it was like 11:15 or so and he didn’t call,” Maxine said.

Maxine said she called and texted the next day but never got a response, that’s when she asked their son, Grady II to go to their home in Randlett to check on him.

“He wasn’t in the house, and all the vehicles are at home. And his wallet his phone, and keys were all in the pickup,” Maxine said,

“Everything seemed to be in place. The house was locked the garage doors were down. Everything seemed to be in place, it didn’t look nothing out of the ordinary except he wasn’t there,” Grady said.

Article continues at link.

Randlett is a very small rural community. There are lots of places to get "lost" but not a ton of crime. It is very concerning that he has been gone for so long. The temps have been very cold and rainy the last few days.

Was he last seen at the restaurant in Waurika or at home? The stories contradict each other.

Are there grain silos on the property? Have they been checked?

What about livestock? Could he have fallen in a pond while trying to rescue an animal?

Longshot questions, I know. But if he made it home alone (any CCTV to show that?) then misadventure on the farm is most likely IMO. Not knowing the dangers there, it's hard to speculate.

Could someone have surprised & abducted him? What access does a worker or stranger have to the area where his truck was found? What motive & means would someone have?

The very rural setting makes this quite a mystery.
JMO

Just thinking here. So they went to dinner at the restaurant and then the wife left for a girl's trip. Was the girl's trip with someone they had dinner with? Was it to somewhere close? I just know if I was heading out I'm not sure it would be after dinner, but then again I don't like to drive at night too much. Just me (and my old eyes!).

Also above it says (BBM):
“He wasn’t in the house, and all the vehicles are at home. And his wallet his phone, and keys were all in the pickup,” Maxine said,

“Everything seemed to be in place. The house was locked the garage doors were down. Everything seemed to be in place, it didn’t look nothing out of the ordinary except he wasn’t there,” Grady said.

Just thinking again, it seems to me that if all his stuff was still in the truck that whatever happened was as soon as he returned from the restaurant.

Was someone there waiting to break in and he caught them? Did someone drive up behind him and he jumped out and ??? Was he a good driver, or maybe had a little problem and was followed home by someone with some road rage? Or was he meeting someone? I hope he wasn't forced into another vehicle and something terrible happened to him.

I'm really scared for him, it's been too many days missing now.

(Edited to add - just FYI I noticed his full name is Grady Bruce Benson and many friends (and his wife) refer to him as "Bruce" instead of Grady)

Last edited:
This case has me intrigued and it's so weird. I wonder if they lived right in Randlett?
I am answering my own question. I searched his name and was able to find what I think is his property and it's not right in Randlett. They seem to live outside of Randlett on a Rural Property. hummm...

Looks like it's about a 25 min drive from Bills Resturant back to Randlett area, and because they found all vehicles, we can assume he made it ok. So somehow left everything in his vehicle and just disappeared. I do wonder if the vehicle they found the keys, wallet and such in was in a garage or outside. If it was in a garage, was the garage attached to the house?

Joint Tenancy Warranty Deeds FTW

It seems to me, just a guess, that its' family land and they may lease some out or something. Looks like farm land? '

I found this:
1668725219916.png

So if he was out at a very rural property there likely was no one to see him get home. JMO MOO!

It seems to me, just a guess, that its' family land and they may lease some out or something. Looks like farm land? '

I found this:
View attachment 380528

So if he was out at a very rural property there likely was no one to see him get home. JMO MOO!
I just noticed the dates were like this summer. I have no idea if any of it is actually sus. I am just cynical in the sense that it seems that most of the time, if an event can be attributed to selfishness, it probably is. Not saying this is though

Grady "Bruce" is still missing. This is really a mystery. This new article answers a couple of questions we have had.

RANDLETT, Okla. (KFDX/KJTL) — In Cotton County, Oklahoma, just minutes from the Red River, about 10 miles outside the town of Randlett, authorities are trying to locate a 69-year-old man following his mysterious disappearance.

Grady Bruce Benson is a lifelong resident of Cotton County who has lived within a mile of his current residence on East 1970 Road since he was born.

But after several missed calls and unreturned texts, Maxine started to worry. So, she called their son, Grady, to go and check on Bruce. He said on the night of November 9, his dad brought him dinner from a nearby fish restaurant and helped him fix a flat tire on his plow.

“I followed him. We both came back here to the house, to the barn,” Grady Benson said. “He shined his lights up there so I could get the door open, aired up a couple of tires.”

Grady said he exchanged just a few words with his father before he departed to get back to work.

“I circled around, he was standing by his pickup, and the garage was open,” Grady said. “He said, ‘I might not stick my head out tomorrow, I’ve got a little bit of a cough, but don’t think anything of it.’ I said, ‘Okay, but still, I’ll see you tomorrow.’ And whenever I drove out, that was the last time I seen him.”

Maxine and Grady started noticing some details that concerned them the longer Bruce was missing. For one, his new boots were set by his chair with his socks laid on top of them, as if he’d taken them off.

Second, Bruce had shut his garage and pulled his truck into the carport, as if he was done working outside.

Third, and most concerning, his pickup truck was unlocked, which Maxine said he never leaves unlocked, and inside the truck, his cell phone, keys, and wallet were all sitting in the driver’s seat.

“The sheriff and undersheriff have both done this job for 30 years, and they’re both the same way,” Hedges said. “They have never seen anything like this.”

Hedges led the initial main search effort for Bruce, calling in every law enforcement agency within 15 miles or so, including the Stephens County Sheriff’s Office and the Temple and Randlett Fire Departments. She said the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations is also working to locate Bruce.

“We need all the help we can get,” Hedges said. “This does not make any sense at all.”

“They’ve had drones, there’s been airplanes, there’s been helicopters, there’s been [troopers on] horseback looking, all the way to the [Red] River,” Maxine said. “Nothing.”

Full article at the link.

Grady "Bruce" is still missing. This is really a mystery. This new article answers a couple of questions we have had.

RANDLETT, Okla. (KFDX/KJTL) — In Cotton County, Oklahoma, just minutes from the Red River, about 10 miles outside the town of Randlett, authorities are trying to locate a 69-year-old man following his mysterious disappearance.

Grady Bruce Benson is a lifelong resident of Cotton County who has lived within a mile of his current residence on East 1970 Road since he was born.

But after several missed calls and unreturned texts, Maxine started to worry. So, she called their son, Grady, to go and check on Bruce. He said on the night of November 9, his dad brought him dinner from a nearby fish restaurant and helped him fix a flat tire on his plow.

“I followed him. We both came back here to the house, to the barn,” Grady Benson said. “He shined his lights up there so I could get the door open, aired up a couple of tires.”

Grady said he exchanged just a few words with his father before he departed to get back to work.

“I circled around, he was standing by his pickup, and the garage was open,” Grady said. “He said, ‘I might not stick my head out tomorrow, I’ve got a little bit of a cough, but don’t think anything of it.’ I said, ‘Okay, but still, I’ll see you tomorrow.’ And whenever I drove out, that was the last time I seen him.”

Maxine and Grady started noticing some details that concerned them the longer Bruce was missing. For one, his new boots were set by his chair with his socks laid on top of them, as if he’d taken them off.

Second, Bruce had shut his garage and pulled his truck into the carport, as if he was done working outside.

Third, and most concerning, his pickup truck was unlocked, which Maxine said he never leaves unlocked, and inside the truck, his cell phone, keys, and wallet were all sitting in the driver’s seat.

“The sheriff and undersheriff have both done this job for 30 years, and they’re both the same way,” Hedges said. “They have never seen anything like this.”

Hedges led the initial main search effort for Bruce, calling in every law enforcement agency within 15 miles or so, including the Stephens County Sheriff’s Office and the Temple and Randlett Fire Departments. She said the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations is also working to locate Bruce.

“We need all the help we can get,” Hedges said. “This does not make any sense at all.”

“They’ve had drones, there’s been airplanes, there’s been helicopters, there’s been [troopers on] horseback looking, all the way to the [Red] River,” Maxine said. “Nothing.”

Full article at the link.
While an update on substantial LE efforts made to find GBB is great to see, I wish this story had confirmed the timeline of the last day he was seen.

Are the boots & socks found inside the home what he was wearing that night before his disappearance? Or not? Any other shoes missing?

It mentions he said had a cough. If he felt unwell enough to tell his son he might stay in & rest the next day, that is concerning to me.

I really hate to say it, but the last person to see this missing man has to be the prime suspect in his disappearance. GBB didn't just vanish based on his known lifelong reliability.

That leaves his son or an unknown person as potential suspects. Do the Bensons have any employees (perhaps just seasonal)?

I thought he might have had an emergency reason to be out on his property & be an accident victim.

I don't think so any more.

JMO

Did his son notice if he had his new boots on when he was filling tires at the barn? I assume nothing missing from his wallet? Trying to figure out why he would move his truck into the carport without taking his belongings. If he didn't wear his boots when filling the tires with his son then maybe something happened outside after parking his truck and the boots were removed earlier. All IMO

While an update on substantial LE efforts made to find GBB is great to see, I wish this story had confirmed the timeline of the last day he was seen.

Are the boots & socks found inside the home what he was wearing that night before his disappearance? Or not? Any other shoes missing?

It mentions he said had a cough. If he felt unwell enough to tell his son he might stay in & rest the next day, that is concerning to me.

I really hate to say it, but the last person to see this missing man has to be the prime suspect in his disappearance. GBB didn't just vanish based on his known lifelong reliability.

That leaves his son or an unknown person as potential suspects. Do the Bensons have any employees (perhaps just seasonal)?

I thought he might have had an emergency reason to be out on his property & be an accident victim.

I don't think so any more.

JMO
I agree with you. The article says the a boots were new boots with his socks on top like he just took them off, but it says that the boots he was last seen wearing were worn and you could see the steel toe.

BBM From the article:

"Maxine and Grady started noticing some details that concerned them the longer Bruce was missing. For one, his new boots were set by his chair with his socks laid on top of them, as if he’d taken them off."

Then at the end of the article it says:

"Bruce was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and worn red wing boots with the steel toe showing through."

MOO

I agree with you. The article says the a boots were new boots with his socks on top like he just took them off, but it says that the boots he was last seen wearing were worn and you could see the steel toe.

BBM From the article:

"Maxine and Grady started noticing some details that concerned them the longer Bruce was missing. For one, his new boots were set by his chair with his socks laid on top of them, as if he’d taken them off."

Then at the end of the article it says:

"Bruce was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and worn red wing boots with the steel toe showing through."

MOO
You posted "WORN RED WING BOOTS", Does this mean worn out and not the news ones or he wore the new boots? I'm confused.

You posted "WORN RED WING BOOTS", Does this mean worn out and not the news ones or he wore the new boots? I'm confused.
I went back and read about him wearing "worn boots" however when I tired to bring it here it went "poof". Not sure if it's my error or the MSM changed it. ( they shouldn't be allowed to IMO). Anyway, Did LE take his phone etc to check out? I'm concerned that there is no physical signs of him missing or at least reported. This doesn't make sense. Did his wife know about this "cough"? It was the same day correct?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back