VA - Chesapeake multiple people shot at Walmart, Nov 2022

I have an off-the-wall question. Since he killed people, and he blamed his parents for ignoring the signs of his social deficits... can they be held responsible for the deaths since he is now dead and he cannot be held responsible?
I would surely hope not. Just because he blames his parents doesn't mean they are at fault. Those are the words of a disturbed individual.

Police can also confirm that the suspect used a 9mm handgun. The gun was legally purchased from a local store on the morning of Tuesday, November 22, 2022. He had no criminal history.

Wonder if AB had a Virginia Concealed Carry permit???

Makes me wonder if the redacted name of the person he spared was Jessie since he did spare her by saying "Jessie, go home". She's the gal that was there for only 5 days before this went down. Not long enough to from an opinion of him like his other workmates did, so she very likely didn't pick on him like the others so wasn't bad in his mind, and didn't deserve to die. All MOO

I do hope she gets the help she needs as what she experienced was extremely jarring. I hope she can end up finding peace and be able to put this behind her, as hard as that may be to do. :(

Is there any indication -- beyond AB's claim -- that any co-workers mocked/picked on/maligned him?

Or was this the opinion of the person who covered the camera on his phone with tape....

Is there any indication -- beyond AB's claim -- that any co-workers mocked/picked on/maligned him?

Or was this the opinion of the person who covered the camera on his phone with tape....
JMO here and going from personal experiences from observing people I knew through my life... people can pick up "weird" vibes from weird people. Granted, you can't pick out 100% of weirdos, but most people can do a good job at identifying "weird". Those people usually (again, JMO) end up bullied. I can remember all the bullied kids through school AND adulthood just because they were weird or different, or they weren't attractive, too fat, too skinny, too tall if they towered over others, dressed oddly, lisped, had acne, had crooked teeth, eyes too wideset, you name it! I was bullied because my parents were hippies! What did my father's long hair have to do with anything? Apparently it did because I was picked on because of it, and ostracized (not allowed to play with the "cool crowd". I was told outright that I couldn't play with them. Good thing I've never much cared what other people thought of me, even at a young age. LOL). :p

And I'm thinking comments from co-worker's will come out in time on how people treated him.

This is disturbing… but what could have been done? I have and currently work with a very unstable person that we have to tiptoe around but what can we do, you know? It’s nothing that you could call police about. I guess that people could have told his family but it’s not like you know your co-worker’s families… :(

In this type of scenario, I would type a letter on my home computer (or a family member's), print it out, and mail it anonymously in the postal mail directly to the HR department. Don't type it on your phone, or in your email. Leave out any details that could reveal it was from you. Only include things that other co-workers would also be able to observe. Make it very straight-forward, describe the behaviors and words of this person and a bit about why they concern you. Tell them that you just want there to be a record that someone reported a concern about this person.

In an ideal world, employees could speak up about things like this, but we don't live in an ideal world. I think as long as what is written is objective and based on things other employees would also see and hear, its completely acceptable to submit anonymous reports like this. Of course, just my opinion.

Obtaining a CCH in Chesapeake requires going to the clerk of court, filling out the paperwork (including listing offenses, including traffic violations, and mental health history), being fingerprinted and waiting up to 45 days for the VSP background check to be completed. He apparently only bought the gun the day before. I would bet that if he concealed the gun he did it illegally when he walked in the store.

“The way he was acting — he was going hunting,” Wilczewski told The Associated Press on Thursday. “The way he was looking at people’s faces and the way he did what he did, he was picking people out.”

She said that she observed him shoot at people who were already on the ground.

“What I do know is that he made sure who he wanted dead, was dead,” she said. “He went back and shot dead bodies that were already dead. To make sure.”

Wilczewski said she had only worked at the store for five days and didn’t know who Bing got along with or had problems with. She said the fact that she was a new employee may have been why he spared her.

“The way he was acting — he was going hunting,” Wilczewski told The Associated Press on Thursday. “The way he was looking at people’s faces and the way he did what he did, he was picking people out.”

She said that she observed him shoot at people who were already on the ground.

“What I do know is that he made sure who he wanted dead, was dead,” she said. “He went back and shot dead bodies that were already dead. To make sure.”

Wilczewski said she had only worked at the store for five days and didn’t know who Bing got along with or had problems with. She said the fact that she was a new employee may have been why he spared her.

So brutal. Sounds like an injustice collector.

JMO here and going from personal experiences from observing people I knew through my life... people can pick up "weird" vibes from weird people. Granted, you can't pick out 100% of weirdos, but most people can do a good job at identifying "weird". Those people usually (again, JMO) end up bullied. I can remember all the bullied kids through school AND adulthood just because they were weird or different, or they weren't attractive, too fat, too skinny, too tall if they towered over others, dressed oddly, lisped, had acne, had crooked teeth, eyes too wideset, you name it! I was bullied because my parents were hippies! What did my father's long hair have to do with anything? Apparently it did because I was picked on because of it, and ostracized (not allowed to play with the "cool crowd". I was told outright that I couldn't play with them. Good thing I've never much cared what other people thought of me, even at a young age. LOL). :p

And I'm thinking comments from co-worker's will come out in time on how people treated him.
JMO.

I’m so sorry for your experience and respect your strength in moving past it.

In workplace / school shootings, I’ve lost track of how many killers have claimed to be victims of bullying when colleagues and peers describe them as bullies. I lean toward the killer being the ultimate bully in these cases.

JMO.

Andre Bing — the accused gunman behind six killings at a Chesapeake, Virginia Walmart where he worked — left a manifesto blaming the deadly violence on "torment" by coworkers and demonic influences.

"Sorry God, I've failed you, this was not your fault but my own. I failed to listen to the groans of the holy spirit which made me a poor representation of You," Bing wrote in a note released Friday by Chesapeake police.

"A few months back I had overheard [REDACTED] talking to [REDACTED] and he told me that he had been trying to get rid of me since day one. After I heard that I lashed out. The associates gave me twisted grins, mocked me and celebrated my down fall the last day. That's why they suffer the same fate as me."

He closed the screed by claiming he was a "loving" person and saying that what he had wanted to find a wife but that he "didn't deserve one."

….

Tormented individual he was.

Is this paranoid schizophrenia?

Not familiar with different mental illnesses.

TIA

Not likely. There are a lot of symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia. What's in the manifesto about the workplace incident (and I didn't read the whole thing, just skimmed it) hasn't even been proven to be paranoid, let alone psychotic, has it?

So brutal. Sounds like an injustice collector.

That is the first thing I thought of Andre Bing. An injustice collector or grudge hoarder.

JMO.

In workplace / school shootings, I’ve lost track of how many killers have claimed to be victims of bullying when colleagues and peers describe them as bullies. I lean toward the killer being the ultimate bully in these cases.

JMO.

Many mass killers and school shooters have history of bullying. Many are consumed by intense jealousy and envy.

I'm trying to check, but I believe one of the victims is a nephew of long time Chesapeake educator and state senator, Harry Blevins. Not a common name, but I'm still checking.

JMO.

JMO.
I honestly think it goes both ways. The weirdo (in this case and this is all MOO) gets picked on and made fun of. That sets things in motion. The weird picked on person then does whatever s/he can to get back at their tormentors. It begins to spiral. Unfortunately this one spiraled out of control and ended as it did. But something I realized long ago about human traits is that the person who starts something, tends to forget they started it when the other person does something back. All of a sudden Person #1 is really angry at Person #2, upset that they did so and so when Person #1 started it!!!

I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist but I always thought it might be protecting your image of yourself. People tend to not like to think they were wrong. Not all people, but a fair amount of them. MOO. Person #1 never likes Person #2 (victim) to do anything about what Person #1 did in the first place, even though they were wrong to do it in the first place!

And thank you for your kind words. :)

Last edited:
His suicide note reveals the motive behind the slayings and shows Bing was planning to kill those he felt had been laughing behind his back.
emphasis mine.
Hmmm.....
In this day and age of people recording even insignificant interactions, he could have recorded any bullying ?
However the bit I've bolded makes me wonder about his (perceived ?) mistreatment.
Maybe no one bothered him ?
That's what's so nauseating.

For all we know, the other employees may have been decent towards him !
If he grew worse in the recent months or weeks, it's probable other people may have tried to stay out of his way ?

I think the friend RJ, saying there are good people and evil people is important.
Obv. this killer was unstable.
But I took the words of RJ to mean that we need to acknowledge that AB was evil, as well as disturbed -- and not to lose track of that.

If AB had chosen to not take his own life, I'd hold him accountable for the wickedness of his actions !

There are a plethora of people who struggle with everything from depression to schizophrenia and do not hurt a living creature or person.

This killer held a job for eleven years and I'm assuming he'd held employment elsewhere before that.
A mentally unwell person with an added diagnosis of 'obsessive injustice collector'; but capable of supporting himself and appearing to function at a normal level ?

Mental problems are not an excuse to hurt or kill others.
I think he knew what he was doing was wrong.

IMO -- Regardless of his paranoid (covering his phone camera !) mental state, the moment he chose to murder people, I stopped feeling badly for him.
This opinion would apply to anyone who is mistreated or made fun of and decides the appropriate action is to kill people.
Please know that I'm not condoning bullying.

Rest in gentle peace to the victims ; and praying for the injured to fully recover.
I'd imagine their emotional wounds will last forever.
M00.

His suicide note reveals the motive behind the slayings and shows Bing was planning to kill those he felt had been laughing behind his back.
emphasis mine.
Hmmm.....
In this day and age of people recording even insignificant interactions, he could have recorded any bullying ?
However the bit I've bolded makes me wonder about his (perceived ?) mistreatment.
Maybe no one bothered him ?
That's what's so nauseating.

For all we know, the other employees may have been decent towards him !
If he grew worse in the recent months or weeks, it's probable other people may have tried to stay out of his way ?

I think the friend RJ, saying there are good people and evil people is important.
Obv. this killer was unstable.
But I took the words of RJ to mean that we need to acknowledge that AB was evil, as well as disturbed -- and not to lose track of that.

If AB had chosen to not take his own life, I'd hold him accountable for the wickedness of his actions !

There are a plethora of people who struggle with everything from depression to schizophrenia and do not hurt a living creature or person.

This killer held a job for eleven years and I'm assuming he'd held employment elsewhere before that.
A mentally unwell person with an added diagnosis of 'obsessive injustice collector'; but capable of supporting himself and appearing to function at a normal level ?

Mental problems are not an excuse to hurt or kill others.
I think he knew what he was doing was wrong.

IMO -- Regardless of his paranoid (covering his phone camera !) mental state, the moment he chose to murder people, I stopped feeling badly for him.
This opinion would apply to anyone who is mistreated or made fun of and decides the appropriate action is to kill people.
Please know that I'm not condoning bullying.

Rest in gentle peace to the victims ; and praying for the injured to fully recover.
I'd imagine their emotional wounds will last forever.
M00.

I agree with everything you're saying here, but I just want to clarify that even covering his phone camera doesn't indicate paranoia necessarily. It may have been, but it may not have been. There is some medical literature about the psychological reactions of people whose phone cameras or webcams have been hacked or their cybersecurity was otherwise breached. From what we understand about this type of violation/trauma (similar to being the victim of voyerism in any other way), covering the camera is in-line with reasonable response. Until we know more about him, we don't know that this was paranoia or a response based on past traumatic experience.

None of that excuses what he did. I'm just saying we don't have enough information yet to call him paranoid or assume he had schizophrenia.

Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so using one of the places below. Please put "FOR THE MODS" in the description. Thank you.
PayPal
Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Bank to Bank using zelle please use the email address triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Please be sure to put in the memo "FOR THE MODS"

Hi Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

DID YOU KNOW BY THE END OF THE DAY OUR MODS WILL HAVE HANDLED HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF ALERTS? YOU WOULD NOT KNOW THIS BECAUSE THAT IS HOW GOOD THE MODS ARE AT THEIR JOBS.

One of the many things I love about Websleuths is we can come on here, discuss true crime, and not have to deal with all the stupid drama and baloney we have to deal with on other platforms. Do you know why? It is the hard work of our wonderful volunteer moderators.

Because of these incredible moderators, you don't see the following, the trolls that constantly try and disrupt. You don't see the newbies who don't know the rules and post a bunch of unproven rumors in cases, You don't see the mean people insulting your posts, you don't see the stupid threats angry people post, and guess what? I could go on and on. In other words, the mods make your experience the best you can find when it comes to discussing true crime.

If you could donate even one dollar that would be great. If half the people that come to Websleuths today donated one dollar we would be able to give the mods a wonderful bonus for all their hard work.

One hundred percent of the money raised goes to the moderators.

If you cannot donate we completely understand. If you could please post a word of thanks to our mods on THIS THREAD that would be wonderful.

If you would like to donate to the moderators at Websleuths.com please do so using one of the places below and be sure and put in the description "FOR THE MODS"
Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
OR you can use
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Bank to Bank using zelle please use the email address triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Please be sure to put in the memo "FOR THE MODS"

Websleuths.com will always be free for members. It costs nothing to join and it never will.
If you like to read at Websleuths because of the incredible work of our members please know the reason our members are able to do what they do is because of our dedicated volunteer moderator staff.

This video explains what the moderators do every day to keep Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet.
Thank you,

Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member