ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Detectives are also seeking additional tips and surveillance video of any unusual behavior on the night of November 12th into the early hours of November 13th while Kaylee and Madison were in downtown Moscow and while Ethan and Xana were at the Sigma Chi house. Anyone who observed unusual behavior near these areas or has video surveillance is asked to submit their tips."

This part is interesting and oddly somewhat specific. Maybe they suspect they bumped into or had a run in with the would-be attacker earlier in the night?
I think it’s very possible that one or two of the four had an exchange with someone very unhinged/obsessive/spiteful that just couldn’t let *something* go. I just don’t have any other theory at this point…

Does anyone else get the feeling LE is lying to the public to make their undivulged suspect feel safe while they continue to tie up the loose pieces of the investigation?

Sending some loving hugs to their families during this very difficult holiday season :(

Thought these were interesting images from an article from the NY Post.

Investigators at the house today, at the car park at the back pointing in the distance to the right. And an investigator looking out again in the same direction from the middle window on the 3rd floor.

I wonder if there are houses/ apartments in that direction that the perp could have been watching from?

View attachment 382733

View attachment 382734

absolutely. it makes sense that somebody is in their residence watching the parking lot. He sees when somebody's coming home, who's getting out of the vehicles. Then they make a roundabout way to the back to snoop and enter under concealment.

There's an apartment complex directly in front of the house.

Lots of the good old vague language, like "are not believed to be involved", "does not appear to be evidence", etc.

But this is the line that struck me (BBM): "TIPS: Detectives are looking for context to the events and people involved in these murders".

It's an interesting and perhaps telling choice of words. It doesn't inspire much confidence in what LE has managed to uncover so far. I keep thinking that the ex of K theory didn't pan out and LE was right back to square one, and that was a week ago now. All JMO.

"Detectives are also seeking additional tips and surveillance video of any unusual behavior on the night of November 12th into the early hours of November 13th while Kaylee and Madison were in downtown Moscow and while Ethan and Xana were at the Sigma Chi house. Anyone who observed unusual behavior near these areas or has video surveillance is asked to submit their tips."

This part is interesting and oddly somewhat specific. Maybe they suspect they bumped into or had a run in with the would-be attacker earlier in the night?
"Unusual behavior" twice stood out for me but I'm not sure why. It could be a vague clue about the type of suspect LE is looking for. JMO

Lots of the good old vague language, like "are not believed to be involved", "does not appear to be evidence", etc.

But this is the line that struck me (BBM): "TIPS: Detectives are looking for context to the events and people involved in these murders".

It's an interesting and perhaps telling choice of words. It doesn't inspire much confidence in what LE has managed to uncover so far. I keep thinking that the ex of K theory didn't pan out and LE was right back to square one, and that was a week ago now. All JMO.
I saw that as well and went back to look at older releases. Thr first time it was worded similarly was on the 23. It read:

 TIPS: Detectives are looking for context to the events and people involved in these murders. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information is asked to call the Tip Line (208-883-7180), email (tipline@ci.moscow.id.us), or upload digital media (fbi.gov/moscowidaho).

No idea really but if those are the dumpsters where the girls put their trash, might be dna evidence from persons known to be inside the home, but there could be so much that it would take months to analyze that—especially wo a suspect. JMO

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but I haven't been able to keep up with the threads for the last couple of days.

This is all my opinion only. Let's assume one of the victims was the perp's target that the perp was not familiar with the layout of the house. He goes to the first bedroom. It's not the target, so person(s) killed. Same with second bedroom. Target is in third bedroom he enters and person(s) there killed. Deed is done so there is no need to check for any additional people.

Or, as others have suggested maybe he didn't know there were more bedrooms, or maybe those other bedrooms were locked.

Speculation: If only one of the students was a target and most/all were surprised in their bedrooms while sleeping, why did the perp enter other rooms/floors? If the others came out of their rooms to investigate the comotion caused by the attack on the targeted person, would they be found in their own beds? Or did the perp not know who slept in which room?

Speculation-- Did the killer plan to kill 4 people or did it just develop that way? Your target is on the 3rd floor. You break into the 2nd floor, and have to kill the people on that floor because you don't want them to wake and trap you on the 3rd floor. You find your target on the 3rd floor, but another girl is next to her, so you have to kill her too. One of the many scenarios my mind is cranking out as I go insane trying to imagine how this went down.

Speculation: If only one of the students was a target and most/all were surprised in their bedrooms while sleeping, why did the perp enter other rooms/floors? If the others came out of their rooms to investigate the comotion caused by the attack on the targeted person, would they be found in their own beds? Or did the perp not know who slept in which room?
If there was a target, maybe the killer entered a room, and killed. Realized that they missed the target and proceeded throughout the house. OR maybe the killer entered a room, killed the target and another, then tried to exit the house but instead went into another room with more victims. I don't think its a reach to say that after committing such a horrible crime someone would have a difficult time leaving the house efficiently.

Thought these were interesting images from an article from the NY Post.

Investigators at the house today, at the car park at the back pointing in the distance to the right. And an investigator looking out again in the same direction from the middle window on the 3rd floor.

I wonder if there are houses/ apartments in that direction that the perp could have been watching from?

View attachment 382733

View attachment 382734

How high off the ground is that window, more or less? And how high off the floor of the bedroom would it be?
Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
I really am starting to wonder with a smidge tighter of a timeframe if KG was calling JD because (hate to bring back up the dog) lol but she was unable to find the dog! She returned home, ate her food, maybe changed her clothes, washed her face whatever, she then realized her pet was no where around because the perp had already did a quick run through of the home and let the dog out in fear it would would interrupt his plans later on?! I’m not sure the murdered stuck around until everyone was asleep, I feel like he maybe was comfortable coming in and out of the home… all just my own crazy thoughts!
<modsnip>

She was probably calling and calling because that's what people do when someone they are trying to get a hold of does not respond or pick up the call. For all we know, she may have been worried about his safety, and didn't care about the dog at all : )

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to note, sometime on either 11/10 but most likely on 11/11 it seems the roommates to did have some sort of Pre-Game ( college term for party before the party lol ) for their sorority formal at the house. I won’t post them, but pictures from that night show people in what appears to be Xana’s room, this shows me that not only were people comfortable in the residence but in the individual rooms. MOO

We were wondering what the Investigators were looking at in Post #21. I went onto Google maps. I squared the window the Investigator was looking out of (reference Post #21) and came up with one possibility (circled in red):

1122_Kings_Road_Smaller.png

This is only one possibility, and JMVHO.

Another is the building directly across the street:

1122_AcrossTheStreet.png

Again, JMVHO.

Apologies for the repeated edits.

Last edited:
If LE are asking for people to check surveillance of any "unusual behaviour" - would the fact this person if they were out that night - more than likely didn't drink any alcohol

So if he mixed in the same circles, parties or was at some of the same venues that night in particular - he wasn't there to drink like the others. Maybe this is not that relevant or not unusual. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert