ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the dog had been let out by the perp. If it had, I’m guessing Kaylee found it soon. Someone mentioned in the last thread I believe that it was around 30 degrees that night. IMO, there is no way Kaylee would have gone to sleep without finding that dog. At least not within the timeframe the murders were said to occur.

I agree, the girls did not go to sleep with the dog lost outside.
If the dog was outside and lost- could that be the reason for the calls to JD?
Where was the dog during the attacks?
Why was he taken to Animal Services rather than be taken by surviving roommate?
When was he taken to Animal Services?
Why does the PD log say the dog was found on the ”night of the incident” yet PD did not arrive on scene of homicide until about noon Nov 13?

Trying to make it all make sense, lost in the rabbit hole
JMO

Yes it is odd they changed the language around finding the dog from night to morning back to night, but IMO it has to be the night of the 13. There would have been no reason for LE to be at the house the night of the 12 to locate a dog. By their own notes, all victims were out in the community the night of the 12. If there had been a call to the house on the night of the 12 for an animal, it should show up in the police logs.

I do think whenever the next presser is, I'd love someone to ask them about changing it from night to morning back to night. I can see changing it once to be more precise, but confused on why they changed it back again. However, I do believe it was the night/day of the 13 as that makes the most sense.

Not necessarily.

If they woke, heard E’s phone alarm going off, knocked on the door, tried the knob (locked), maybe even repeatedly called E and X’s phones…..they might have been worried for their friends, but not felt they were in any danger themselves.

It’s also possible that, very close to the same time, the friends with whom E was to have met up with came by because he hadn’t shown and wasn’t answering his phone. Hence multiple calls from the residence on different phones.

It is possible that neither the survivors nor the visitors saw any blood, etc.
All just MOO.
I really really hope and pray they were spared the trauma of sighting thier friends stabbed to death

I have so many thought on this case. There are so many possibilities that its hard to wrap my head around. I still think we could be looking at a serial killer. You hear a lot of talk about the frenzy and rage of these killings, but there are also indications of possibly being very methodical as well. You can have both in one serial killer. Someone who can be careful and methodical, but also lose control at the time the murder is committed. I personally don't think the use of a knife necessarily points to it being personal. It can, but it could also be the MO of a thrill killer or serial killer. MOO

The killer could have entered through the sliding glass door off the kitchen on the second floor and only went to that floor and the 3rd. Not realizing that there were bedrooms on the second floor. Or something could have scared him off before getting to the 1st floor.

The WI-Fi most likely had a password. Most already have one that comes with the router. I have seen a comment from someone that stated that LE has the killers IP address (it would be the Mac Address not the IP address that you would see from the router), but i cannot find where the police ever said this. If the killer was someone they knew and had been there before and given the password. Then the killers phone would automatically connect when in location (unless the killer either didn't have their phone or they turned off the automatic connect capability).

If this was a killing that had been planned ahead of time I would think that the killer (killers?) had watched the house. There is a little woody area across the street that is a great place to see, but not be seen. View attachment 382774
I think this area would be good for seeing the comings and going of the residents of not just the crime scene, but the neighbors as well.

The tree line behind the house would be good for watching the goings on inside the house.

All of this is just MOO
I think the killer lives near by and walks this neighborhood a lot. The killer loves his knife and is a hunter use to blood and guts! Maybe works as a butcher or something similar. He’s older and a lurker. Just my thoughts!

Actually, what she corrected was the statement "found in their beds". Since E didn't have a bed in that house, it would be impossible for him to be found in his bed there.

Source

I respectfully disagree on the interpretation of the coroner's statement [eta: the media did not highlight 'their' nor did it cover who was found in what room let alone who's bed]. It's not about possession, as in, who was in who's bed. I believe this statement to mean that 3 of the 4 victims were found dead in the beds they were sleeping in, and that 1 was not in a bed. Would the coroner even know who lived there, when the task was to assess the bodies?

“Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.”

Bbm.

LE here got off to a clumsy start but I think these updates are extremely helpful. Below is the most recent one released yesterday. I think they should guide how LE across the country handles high-profile incidents. I do not think LEOs without extensive media training should take questions from the press - I think the press should submit their questions and let LE answer them through releases. I am a very big proponent of transparency but I think more harm than good is done if people answer off the cuff and they don't have all the information available to them.

“Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.”

Bbm.
So glad you posted that re: all 4 victims being murdered in their beds not being accurate.

Repeatedly ppl are claiming "they were all asleep". "All in their beds", etc.

If a victim was not murdered in bed, not much chance of their having been asleep.

Yes I know where these contradictory accounts came from in the first place. LE and the coroner, imo.

Re: the comments from the coroner about reports stating all four victims were killed in their beds is inaccurate, I think a lot of people are assuming E was killed/found in the hallway. But there are some other possibilities. Maybe one of the victims was killed in the bathroom. Perhaps they had gotten up to use the bathroom while the killer was elsewhere in the house and had no idea, they go to leave the bathroom to return to bed and are confronted by the killer who pushes them back in the bathroom and the murder is done there. They may have been asleep when the killer entered the house and began their attack and woke up during it (while the killer was elsewhere) to use the bathroom.

Also, could it have been K or M who was not found in their bed? They were, we believe, up on the third floor. Maybe one of them heard a commotion downstairs, left their room to investigate and came upon the killer in the hall. This could be why the 911 call mentioned someone unconscious. The people on the second floor, which would be the first floor the survivors came to, may have been behind locked doors (supposition - not fact) and they thought there were unconscious and they never made it to the third floor to see someone dead in the hallway. This is all my speculation only and throwing out theories.

The press release states:

There have been numerous media inquiries about a 1999 double stabbing in Pullman, Washington, and the 2021 double stabbing (with one death) in Salem, Oregon. While these cases share similarities with the King Street homicides, there does not appear to be any evidence to support the cases are related.
• Community members have uploaded over 260 digital media submissions to the FBI link.
• To date, 113 pieces of physical evidence have been collected and sent to the Idaho State
Police crime lab for processing and analysis.
• Gov. Brad Little has directed up to $1 million in state emergency funds for the ongoing investigation.
• The University of Idaho is hosting a candlelight vigil for Wednesday, November 30th, to honor the memory of Ethan, Xana, Madison, and Kaylee. (In Memory of Xana, Madison, Kaylee and Ethan)
• The University of Idaho has established a Vandal Family Support Resource page for their students.
(Vandal Family Support Resources | University of Idaho)
No suspect or POI identified at this time
Bumping this up for those who may have missed the most current LE update.

Re: the comments from the coroner about reports stating all four victims were killed in their beds is inaccurate, I think a lot of people are assuming E was killed/found in the hallway. But there are some other possibilities. Maybe one of the victims was killed in the bathroom. Perhaps they had gotten up to use the bathroom while the killer was elsewhere in the house and had no idea, they go to leave the bathroom to return to bed and are confronted by the killer who pushes them back in the bathroom and the murder is done there. They may have been asleep when the killer entered the house and began their attack and woke up during it (while the killer was elsewhere) to use the bathroom.

Also, could it have been K or M who was not found in their bed? They were, we believe, up on the third floor. Maybe one of them heard a commotion downstairs, left their room to investigate and came upon the killer in the hall. This could be why the 911 call mentioned someone unconscious. The people on the second floor, which would be the first floor the survivors came to, may have been behind locked doors (supposition - not fact) and they thought there were unconscious and they never made it to the third floor to see someone dead in the hallway. This is all my speculation only and throwing out theories.
No, just no. Unless they were sleepwalking.
"likely were asleep"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member