We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

She sent me another screenshot. The shoe print was in a garage at a crime scene.

Edit- Forgot to add the actual screenshot :oops:

View attachment 382425
Look what I found could it be that instead of an L as we are thinking it could be an I (i) instead. I mean that trefoil is there as it looks like their brand logo. I could be wrong of course. What if that L just is faded?
https://twitter.com/iadgcarts This also references sneakers on Twitter. It appears to be Canadian.
I can look into it more but right now I've got to leave this thread temporarily.

Look what I found could it be that instead of an L as we are thinking it could be an I (i) instead. I mean that trefoil is there as it looks like their brand logo. I could be wrong of course. What if that L just is faded?
https://twitter.com/iadgcarts This also references sneakers on Twitter. It appears to be Canadian.
I can look into it more but right now I've got to leave this thread temporarily.

I'm confused. Is the iadg not the sellers username and they are selling Nikes??

I'm confused. Is the iadg not the sellers username and they are selling Nikes??
Its possible. They say they are the largest sellers certain items. I just found this playing with the letters of CA LADG. I realize it could be a username as you said but what if there is some sort of connection to the tread?

I'm just going to dump some of my research notes here, as well as my interpretation of the imprint design. My notes are totally rambly, but maybe they'll prevent you from (or inspire you to?) go down some of the same rabbit holes, haha:

1) The image that's repeated (upsidedown and rightside up?) inside the swirl/S shape really does remind me of a "knockoff" Quiksilver logo -- a wave on the left over a mountain on the right, with a blank area that has three little "arms." Quiksilver has made some products with stylized versions of their logo, but I didn't find anything similar to the image I'm getting from the print. They do even sometimes use a double-version of the logo with a similar orientation: NWOT QUIKSILVER 100% cotton white short sleeve with double logo in neon size L | eBay (I believe the Quiksilver logo is based on the Waves Over Kanagawa painting, so I searched for other logos inspired by that image, as well as a vast combination of "wave/mountain/etc" keywords in the US Trademark catalog under the apparel and shoes category, and didn't turn anything up.)

2) I considered what the logo was meant to represent -- ideally it should be representative of a company in some way, right? The "mountain" also resembles a skateboarding quarter-pipe, and a lot of others here have gone in the skateboarding direction here, too, for a few reasons. That might make sense if the juvenile is a teen, and as someone else mentioned, it doesn't make sense to have the smoothest area of tread on the ball of the foot -- EXCEPT when skateboarding that can be beneficial. Still, I didn't have much luck going down that route either.

3) I tried image searching "ACA," "BCA," "CCA," "DCA," etc with shoe and sole keywords. I turned up a few hits but none of them really seemed to pan out:
***GCA is a term used by shoe enthusiasts to mean "Greater China Area," indicating a knockoff. These are usually decent knockoffs of Nike and Adidas shoes, though. (Also why would you indicate on your shoe that it's a knockoff, haha?)
***MCA is a variety of Nike Airforce 1s (again, I'm thinking knockoff here, obviously the actual Airforce 1 soles don't match this) -- apparently this stands for Museum of Contemporary Art, who Nike partnered with for the release of this shoe. However, this shoe only came out in 2019.
***OCA is a style of shoe by a brand called Cariuma -- nothing here seemed relevant though
***RCA and TCA are both models of New Balance Shoes

4) Since nothing panned out with any "CA combinations, it got me wondering whether "CA" could actually be "EA" -- there's potentially a hint of what could be the middle horizontal bar in the C. I took lots of liberties with the blurrier letters and tried a few things like "SEA - LAND" (could be a reference to the interpretation of the Quiksilver logo? or amphibious/water shoes?), "ZEALAND," etc. I still didn't come up with any promising hits though. I also tried interpreting the second word and found a company called ZEAZOO, one called ZAQQ, another Zao, etc. but no real hits. The Zao "company" looks pretty shady, and they sell knockoff Versace shoes, whose swirly logo on the sole is very vaguely reminiscent of the pattern on the imprint, but it's a stretch).

5) The only other sole I found with similar plain text (i.e. an unembellished "Arial"-like font in a straight line, not a logo) marking was this one:
only other shoe with plain brand printing on ball of foot: Espadrilles Flat Rope Soles for Woman Men and Kids Made - Etsy ... which appears to be manufactured by Espadrilles soles and this got me looking into sole manufacturers, primarily in India and China, like these:

6) Finally, Vibram soles have a variety of "three-leafed" shapes on their soles (the clover in the imprint really looks like three hexagons together to me, but I could be totally wrong there). The plain text doesn't seem like something you'd ever see on a Vibram sole though. Example of the "clover" here: Vibram MULTILAND 966C Shoe Sole Manufacturing Boots Shoe - Etsy India

It would be great to have a better idea of the date the imprint was left, so we could rule out newer shoes. Was it closer to a year ago, or 10 years ago? Also some location information might help -- country at the least.

Another type of shoe to keep in mind in searing is boots. I thought they were all pretty much flat bottom until I saw this...

Whoops, my image didn't attach. (Sorry, this is my first time posting here; gotta figure the site out!) I'll try inserting it instead of attaching it.
Can I ask what graphics program you used to trace? I tried three different ones and either I don't know what I am doing, or my programs suck. Thank you!!

I'm just going to dump some of my research notes here, as well as my interpretation of the imprint design. My notes are totally rambly, but maybe they'll prevent you from (or inspire you to?) go down some of the same rabbit holes, haha:

1) The image that's repeated (upsidedown and rightside up?) inside the swirl/S shape really does remind me of a "knockoff" Quiksilver logo -- a wave on the left over a mountain on the right, with a blank area that has three little "arms." Quiksilver has made some products with stylized versions of their logo, but I didn't find anything similar to the image I'm getting from the print. They do even sometimes use a double-version of the logo with a similar orientation: NWOT QUIKSILVER 100% cotton white short sleeve with double logo in neon size L | eBay (I believe the Quiksilver logo is based on the Waves Over Kanagawa painting, so I searched for other logos inspired by that image, as well as a vast combination of "wave/mountain/etc" keywords in the US Trademark catalog under the apparel and shoes category, and didn't turn anything up.)

2) I considered what the logo was meant to represent -- ideally it should be representative of a company in some way, right? The "mountain" also resembles a skateboarding quarter-pipe, and a lot of others here have gone in the skateboarding direction here, too, for a few reasons. That might make sense if the juvenile is a teen, and as someone else mentioned, it doesn't make sense to have the smoothest area of tread on the ball of the foot -- EXCEPT when skateboarding that can be beneficial. Still, I didn't have much luck going down that route either.

3) I tried image searching "ACA," "BCA," "CCA," "DCA," etc with shoe and sole keywords. I turned up a few hits but none of them really seemed to pan out:
***GCA is a term used by shoe enthusiasts to mean "Greater China Area," indicating a knockoff. These are usually decent knockoffs of Nike and Adidas shoes, though. (Also why would you indicate on your shoe that it's a knockoff, haha?)
***MCA is a variety of Nike Airforce 1s (again, I'm thinking knockoff here, obviously the actual Airforce 1 soles don't match this) -- apparently this stands for Museum of Contemporary Art, who Nike partnered with for the release of this shoe. However, this shoe only came out in 2019.
***OCA is a style of shoe by a brand called Cariuma -- nothing here seemed relevant though
***RCA and TCA are both models of New Balance Shoes

4) Since nothing panned out with any "CA combinations, it got me wondering whether "CA" could actually be "EA" -- there's potentially a hint of what could be the middle horizontal bar in the C. I took lots of liberties with the blurrier letters and tried a few things like "SEA - LAND" (could be a reference to the interpretation of the Quiksilver logo? or amphibious/water shoes?), "ZEALAND," etc. I still didn't come up with any promising hits though. I also tried interpreting the second word and found a company called ZEAZOO, one called ZAQQ, another Zao, etc. but no real hits. The Zao "company" looks pretty shady, and they sell knockoff Versace shoes, whose swirly logo on the sole is very vaguely reminiscent of the pattern on the imprint, but it's a stretch).

5) The only other sole I found with similar plain text (i.e. an unembellished "Arial"-like font in a straight line, not a logo) marking was this one:
only other shoe with plain brand printing on ball of foot: Espadrilles Flat Rope Soles for Woman Men and Kids Made - Etsy ... which appears to be manufactured by Espadrilles soles and this got me looking into sole manufacturers, primarily in India and China, like these:

6) Finally, Vibram soles have a variety of "three-leafed" shapes on their soles (the clover in the imprint really looks like three hexagons together to me, but I could be totally wrong there). The plain text doesn't seem like something you'd ever see on a Vibram sole though. Example of the "clover" here: Vibram MULTILAND 966C Shoe Sole Manufacturing Boots Shoe - Etsy India

It would be great to have a better idea of the date the imprint was left, so we could rule out newer shoes. Was it closer to a year ago, or 10 years ago? Also some location information might help -- country at the least.
Happy to see someone else mentioning Vibram.

In your new drawing i actually see a sail (boat)…

After more research I'm 95% sold on the idea that it says "CALZADO;" it's perfectly possible that either the sole was damaged or didn't pick up enough liquid to imprint the L. Also, as GoneGoldfishin' suggested earlier -- espadrilles seem to be the most common type of shoes with unembellished printing of characters in the midsole. Examples attached (both genuine and knockoff Chanels shown). Another user suggested there might be an 11 to the left of the lettering, which makes me wonder if that could be a size indicator, as the one shown in the box on the Nautica example here.

It's also interesting to see how the real (on the left) and fake (on the right) Chanel shoes have reversed molding of the sole -- areas where the real shoe is concave, the knockoff is convex, and vice versa. Just another characteristic to consider when searching.

block letters.png

After more research I'm 95% sold on the idea that it says "CALZADO;" it's perfectly possible that either the sole was damaged or didn't pick up enough liquid to imprint the L. Also, as GoneGoldfishin' suggested earlier -- espadrilles seem to be the most common type of shoes with unembellished printing of characters in the midsole. Examples attached (both genuine and knockoff Chanels shown). Another user suggested there might be an 11 to the left of the lettering, which makes me wonder if that could be a size indicator, as the one shown in the box on the Nautica example here.

It's also interesting to see how the real (on the left) and fake (on the right) Chanel shoes have reversed molding of the sole -- areas where the real shoe is concave, the knockoff is convex, and vice versa. Just another characteristic to consider when searching.

View attachment 382665
I think you’re onto something.. isn’t CALZADO spanish for footwear? (sorry if this has been mentioned and I missed it)

I used Inkscape -- it's a free, open-source vector graphics program (like Adobe Illustrator). It's a bit clunky compared to AI, but it does the job!
Thanks. I liked Inkscape, but it always froze when tracing. After a lot of research, I splurged and went with Corel. It’s a lot to learn. But I’m getting there. Thanks again.

I think you’re onto something.. isn’t CALZADO spanish for footwear? (sorry if this has been mentioned and I missed it)
Yes. I’ve been all down that road, but if anyone has any Spanish skills (mine are terrible) please revisit.
I haven’t been convinced it’s not a foreign knock off type shoe. I ran into a pair of copy Jordan’s that had large text on the bottom and were one of the few pairs I’ve seen.

Whoops, my image didn't attach. (Sorry, this is my first time posting here; gotta figure the site out!) I'll try inserting it instead of attaching it.

View attachment 382566
Looking at this image I wonder if the image on the tread has an actual function? For tread or logo? Logo and tread (both?) The reason I ask this is because if the purpose is tread and logo then perhaps it is a company logo of whatever the company is. If its just tread then maybe the logo isn't important for the company and the tread is so maybe somehow it can be narrowed down like that? JMO. Another thing I wonder is the image of the tread, specifically IMO all of the image is protruding out so it's grip is better or makes it more non slip. Maybe then its a certain type of shoe as opposed to a regular sneaker or boot? We don't even know if this is a sneaker or a boot.

Last edited:
Looking at this image I wonder if the image on the tread has an actual function? For tread or logo? Logo and tread (both?) The reason I ask this is because if the purpose is tread and logo then perhaps it is a company logo of whatever the company is. If its just tread then maybe the logo isn't important for the company and the tread is so maybe somehow it can be narrowed down like that? JMO. Another thing I wonder is the image of the tread, specifically IMO all of the image is protruding out so it's grip is better or makes it more non slip. Maybe then its a certain type of shoe as opposed to a regular sneaker or boot? We don't even know if this is a sneaker or a boot.
Imo, it's definitely not a sneaker - the tread is all wrong for a sneaker. Espadrilles and skate shoes have been mentioned and both seem like good possibilities. I think something with a flat-ish sole, maybe sandal, flip flop, even slippers though unlikely. The design on the ball of the foot repeats after the arch - towards the heel. That seems really, really unusual.

New rule: every listing for every shoe should include multiple angles including an outsole shot.

Anyone with me? I thinks it's a female shoe. Not the pattern as much as the supposed scale to width ratio. Seems narrow.

JMO

I think we should all remember not to get stuck on the team "juvenile." This most probably refers to the age of the perp, not that this is from a juvenile sized shoe.
Young boys (and some gals) can wear really large adult shoe sizes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back