Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #157

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, if one verrry explosive name in the PCA scared him "to death" and he immediately threw the towel?? Something like dangerous bias on his side??

That's what I would have thought, had RA's attorney not stated that nobody else was named. Or someone who creates a real conflict of interest situation, like an LE person.

my understanding - It is a passion project for both of them that they do on the side. She is a professional business journalist that has writen for some publications you have heard of and he is a lawyer although its unclear to me what type of lawyer or what his specialty is.
From the podcast, he is former law enforcement now attorney. Unclear to me also what type of law he practices. In my experience law enforcement turned attorneys are often involved in criminal defense work but I do not know in his case. I enjoy the podcast and their perspectives on the case.

Libby's phone has always bothered me! My reasons for it bothering me are as follows!

1. Dad rings at @3:11 pm no answer
2. He rings again no anwer

If Libby's phone was on silent BG wouldn't have heard it.
If it was not on silent and ringing out loud BG would have left it.

Can you imagine what BG would have done if hearing a mobile phone ring out loud and seeing the word Dad light up on the screen? A sharp quick exit is my best guess.

This leads me back to planned or unplanned and I freely admit I keep changing my mind
Today I am in the unplanned mode, BG wasn't expecting DG to call his daughter and was probably in turmoil about taking the phone or leaving it. He left it because he is a bit tech-savvy and knew it would be pinging,

I will probably change my mind again tomorrow.

Be Kind to each other and respect each other's opinions.

SIJ
Best reason so far for why he didn’t take her phone if he saw it, even if he considered it. Fear. Good thinking.

Interesting. Did you join WS for this case? I see your profile date is shortly after the murders. Just curious if you’ve been following it closely.

I do agree the family should be off limits, following the WS TOS.
Hi BrownRice!

been lurking years before this case, but probably did join as a result of this case.

WS is the only reliable crime forum IMO

I have been following closely.

sketches are tools (not very good ones imo, especially when you have two very different ones) to help the public come forward in with tips or possible suspects they are drawing from people that represent generalized third hand accounts of someones memory of what the might have seen. Once you have a suspect they are irrelevant. Doesn't matter if he looks like the sketch or not. Only matters if they have real evidence or not. Why are we still debating the sketches?

IMO, the sketches are still being debated because the probable cause affidavits for the search warrent and arrest are sealed. In the absence of facts, speculation flourishes, in my opinion.

Last edited:
The fact that Diener accepted an affidavit without the accompanying oath is alarming. This was stated by RA’s attorney on Tuesday - that the affidavit wasn’t even in its correct form.

Anyone who’s ever signed an affidavit knows there’s an oath section that then gives the document weight (because you’re swearing under penalty of perjury).
That's unreal!

From the podcast, he is former law enforcement now attorney. Unclear to me also what type of law he practices. In my experience law enforcement turned attorneys are often involved in criminal defense work but I do not know in his case. I enjoy the podcast and their perspectives on the case.
RE: The Murder Sheet Podcast

Kevin in a law clerk in Indiana. I haven't heard him say that he was in LE but I would assume that it would refer to him being an officer of the court and not necessarily a police officer.

Don’t expect much. I don’t imagine she will release it really. Does anyone expect she will?
I do think she will release it this week, but I’ll still answer a question with a question: Will the families be allowed to see it first, if they have not already? Same with any other sensitive situations and people? I know the decision isn’t about what the families want but I do hope anyone who needs time and support ahead of the release can have it — at least a day.

If the judge stepped down due to fearing for his safety and the well-being of his family, wouldn't that send a message to potential jurors that they too should worry about their own lives?
Isn't this a problem for giving people a message that says " being seated, impartial and fair is dangerous?"
I feel that he has already done some damage through his actions.

JMO
For all we know, the judge may have received a recent health diagnosis. We just don’t know the why. I, personally, feel like we should welcome a recusal, as it shows maturity on the part of the Judge who knows for whatever reason he is out of his depth.

I do think she will release it this week, but I’ll still answer a question with a question: Will the families be allowed to see it first, if they have not already? Same with any other sensitive situations and people? I know the decision isn’t about what the families want but I do hope anyone who needs time and support ahead of the release can have it — at least a day.
I doubt it. The families have petitioned heavily on social media against the release of the PCA at all and started an online petition accordingly. I wonder if perhaps they already know what the PCA contains or if they’re relying on info from LE or the prosecutor in their decision to petition against it?

It will be interesting to find out if this was planned. Did BG go out that day with a weapon and murder on his mind? Did he have a weapon for controlling a victim? Was there no weapon at all? Did BG go to the bridge that day for a planned meet, or was this an unintentional meet up? Did a third party set up a meeting?

Google says:

What is consumer product tampering?

U.S. CODE § 1365

§ 1365 defines consumer product tampering as tampering with the product with "reckless disregard" for the fact that it might cause injury or death or with the intent of causing injury to a business. It is also a federal crime to attempt to tamper with or taint a product, even if you fall in doing so.

It looks like tampering = tainting here. Tainting makes me think of drugs, like cyanide in Tylenol, but IDK.

Also:

>>>snip

WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR THIS FEDERAL OFFENSE?

If you're convicted of federal consumer product tampering, you could face harsh penalties that vary according to the type and severity of the offense, along with significant fines. For example:
  • If you tamper with a product for the purpose of injuring a business, not with the intent of hurting or killing consumers, you could face up to 3 years in prison.
  • If you falsely claim a product was tampered with, or if you threaten to tamper with a product...the maximum penalty is five years in prison.
  • For general instances of tampering or attempted tampering where the injury did not occur...the maximum penalty is ten years in prison.
  • If the tampering resulted in serious injury to another person...the penalty is up to 20 years in prison.
  • If the tampering results in someone's death...the maximum penalty is life imprisonment.
Tainting consumer products under this law can result in a maximum of three years in federal prison, while knowingly communicating false information about a consumer product being tainted can result in five years of imprisonment if convicted...

<<<snip

I don't know, the examples I saw both dealt with corporate sabotage...

There are sites where people can buy controlled substances on the Internet. True controlled substances, only in unlimited amounts and without doctor’s prescriptions. While they might contain real products, the buyers could potentially use them indiscriminately, OD and die. Does it fall under “tampering”?

If the judge stepped down due to fearing for his safety and the well-being of his family, wouldn't that send a message to potential jurors that they too should worry about their own lives?
Isn't this a problem for giving people a message that says " being seated, impartial and fair is dangerous?"
I feel that he has already done some damage through his actions.

For all we know, the judge may have received a recent health diagnosis. We just don’t know the why. I, personally, feel like we should welcome a recusal, as it shows maturity on the part of the Judge who knows for whatever reason he is out of his depth.

Investigators sent an email to Judge Diener, McLeland and the State court administrators to get more answers about the arrest of RA. Judge Diener copied 13 News on an email to State court administrators.

Judge Diener 4.JPGJudge Diener 5.JPGJudge Diener 6.JPG
At 1:49

I doubt it. The families have petitioned heavily on social media against the release of the PCA at all and started an online petition accordingly. I wonder if perhaps they already know what the PCA contains or if they’re relying on info from LE or the prosecutor in their decision to petition against it?
I don’t doubt for a second the PCA was shared with the family of Abby and Libby right from the start. LE have likely asked them to stay tight lipped about it.

Wow. Got to remember this is not NY city or Houston. This in the sticks. The Judge probably never thought they would have to deal with something like this. The Judge has to keep his court room running. I completely agree with this. Let them bring in another judge or more it to a different county. Jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708