ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not accurate meaning they weren't bound and duct-taped. <modsnip>
"Rumor control:
Online reports of the victims being tied and gagged are not accurate."

OK.

Were they "tied" at all? Were they just "gagged"? Who said anything about duct-tape? I don't see the point of lugging a bunch of extra equipment with you and especially duct-tape; it has been the mistake that's stuck a lot of murders.

Last edited by a moderator:
So easy to dispose of a knife! you can just slam the blade into the ground and stomp on it. It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Unless of course people had metal detectors. Also very easy to conceal.

That knife is a crime scene trophy. The killer may hide it somewhere that he can get it out and relive the night hundreds of times over, but I cannot believe he will throw it away.

Right. But many innocent people don’t have alibis—any sort of an alibi.
This is true, but not having an alibi also makes one more questionable...not necessarily guilty but also not exonerated.

That's called a quillon or quillion.Think about how this attack takes place with the victim on a bed and a standing attacker, the difference in how the knife might be held. Which way is more proficient and perhaps how the knife is held relates the killer's knowledge of anatomy.
I'm no killer, and have no experience stabbing people, but logically the best way to hold it is perpendicular to the body, so the blade will go through the relatively soft area of the space between the ribs. If you hold it parallel (i.e., with the edges facing head and feet) you'll be impeded by the ribs, one on either side. The knife will probably end up getting stuck and you'll have to forcefully pull it out, without having any effect on the victim other than causing pain and making him struggle to fend off any further blows.

In regards to the 911 call, I can't help but wonder if one of the roommates went to start a load of laundry and that's when she heard E's phone ringing endlessly when he didn't show up for work (which, I don't know if this was solely speculation in previous thread discussions or was actually reported as fact) and that is what caused concern and to further investigate..... MOO.

I also wondered, how likely is it that the reason one or both roommates called friends before the authorities is because they truly did think E was unconscious (if stabbed in the chest, he could have clutched his chest before falling, thus shielding whomever might've caught a slight glimpse by peering underneath a locked door(?) from seeing any blood) - since it has been reported that some had more stab wounds than others - and didn't want the reason, IF it was due to something illicit, to find its way to his student file and be a mark, like on his record. Is that even a thing or no??

On a similar note, I remember seeing a photo in a news story in the first day or 2 of this incident (though I cannot remember which media outlet showed it) of I think 4 or 5 girls sitting on a curb outside near the driveway or parking area of the house, each one wrapped in emergency blankets. They looked like they were crying and/or just completely torn up (emotionally). I now believe these are the 2 roommates and at least 2 of the friends they called to come over before calling 911. It was also mentioned here (on WS) in the very early threads on this case discussion. I have looked for that photo & story so I could quote the source but couldn't find it.
BBM

Reupping that part because I, too, remember that pic.

Point being that it was women in the emergency blankets. Doesn’t men weren’t also there, but I know of no evidence any of those initially present were other than young women. MOO

I agree. After back and forth so much what I think, I now think it's local.
Exactly, when I also think about LE initially stating the public isn't at risk, even though they walked that back, it makes it even more concrete that this is personal. They also stated that they don't believe there are links to similar crimes in nearby states.

I’ve seen much talk about where surviving roommate D COULD have been. I see some asking why would she move, As detailed in the Johnny Law video, posted at the beginning of the thread. The room on the 1st floor 1B where many assume she was sleeping is the smallest room in the house, There are recent social media photos showing roommate D in room 2A on the second level. Now where she was THAT night, is all speculation until LE or family confirms something.

I’ve seen much talk about where surviving roommate D COULD have been. I see some asking why would she move, As detailed in the Johnny Law video, posted at the beginning of the thread. The room on the 1st floor 1B where many assume she was sleeping is the smallest room in the house, There are recent social media photos showing roommate D in room 2A on the second level. Now where she was THAT night, is all speculation until LE or family confirms something.
Thank you, this was my point, conformation is needed and we don't have it.

I believe they think that a student would be too young and inexperienced to commit such a horrendous crime.

Personally, I’m open minded to the idea of student, non-student, or older guy.
I think the killer is male, between 20-30, experienced with knives from military or hunting, lives alone or in a room by himself and is recognized as taking risks, often impulsively. I think he may have a history of animal abuse and a religious background. I also think he watched the house from the wooded area directly behind that could be entered and exited by walking which is how he accessed the house on the night of the murders. I think he may live close by and that he was familiar with the habits of the girls whose windows faced the trees. I think he was known to all four victims and likely to the two survivors. I think he had been in the house at least once.

Exactly, when I also think about LE initially stating the public isn't at risk, even though they walked that back, it makes it even more concrete that this is personal. They also stated that they don't believe there are links to similar crimes in nearby states.

I think they are treading carefully so the local suspect doesn't do something irrational to themselves or those around him. If they tip off too much he may snap again or flee. JMO, MOO of course

So ,I am having a really hard time with ,one motive being strong enough for murdering 4 people in the night like a ninja. I mean as examples in history of the large scale murders....like the recent wal mart shooting, or the Mcstay family murders, I know we all know the cases and this case is like the murder of Sharon tate by the manson family ,or the Ted Bundy fla murders. I am not calling it that but comparity it looks more like a serial killing type of thing than not. KWIM? I dont rely on this historical facts but family murders are the last example soo.. I am kinda waiting for something to tip one way or the other.

Trying to catch up on the thread after a days work, is brutal! Can some kind soul update me on any information we learned today? :)
Not much new except everyone seems to be wondering where Eand X were between leaving the frat party and arriving home. Plus, an explanation as to how the 911 call happened about 2 or 3 pages up.

So ,I am having a really hard time with ,one motive being strong enough for murdering 4 people in the night like a ninja. I mean as examples in history of the large scale murders....like the recent wal mart shooting, or the Mcstay family murders, I know we all know the cases and this case is like the murder of Sharon tate by the manson family ,or the Ted Bundy fla murders. I am not calling it that but comparity it looks more like a serial killing type of thing than not. KWIM? I dont rely on this historical facts but family murders are the last example soo.. I am kinda waiting for something to tip one way or the other.
I can't help but think about one of the Mother's of the victims talking about jealousy and how the perp would attend the vigil and how the guilt must be unbearable and that alone makes me think this is very personal. Almost like she knows more than she can say. Her words vere profound almost like she was taunting the perp. She acted as if the perp knew the victims well. I can't get past that.

Thanks, yes, I did watch that. I was searching for a correct still image showing the two staircases-I really hate video and prefer to read and wanted to have something open in a tab to study. I was forced into Gray Hughes’ 3d model which shows both.

Unless X or E came out of the bedroom, it was a strange floor plan to navigate to find them if the killer did not know the layout. And whichever floor came first, it was a circuitous path through the house to get to his victims. There had to be evidence left along the way. That will tell the tale, including order.
Still taken from video.

Attachments

• 94F2766E-3E47-4926-8C82-648D5B40FDBF.jpeg
    94F2766E-3E47-4926-8C82-648D5B40FDBF.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 47
Murder weapon is key.

Also the 4 victims are key. There is a reason 2 were spared. What’s the connection between the 4 that didn’t include the 2 survivors?

I don’t think it’s just the house layout. IMO
I've seen people say maybe the perp didn't know about the bottom level or he could of thought it was just a basement. I personally think if someone was about go into a house to commit manslaughter they wouldn't do it without checking the cars parked out the front, you have all those cars parked out there!

Maybe once and arrest is made and someone's put in jail we will see the two surviving housemates do a sit down interview and they will say "our life's were spared because we decided to locked our doors that night".
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members