Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #3

An earlier article said that Singh family members who still live in Australia, had bank accounts in their name or names in India.

I haven't heard if the father came back to Australia or not

Yes, i read in the Courier Mail article that you posted yesterday that Singh family bank cards were being used in Punjab even though the owners of the accounts were still in Australia.

The dog obviously knew he was a danger​

Toyah Cordingley stabbed by Rajwinder Singh after argument over dog: Indian media​

The accused killer had travelled to the beach that day after a fight with his wife

It’s alleged he fatally stabbed 24-year-old Cordingley after an argument between the pair sparked by her dog barking at him, reports say.

Singh had become “angered” by the dog barking and allegedly “stabbed her multiple times”, Indian Express reported, citing investigators.

“He then buried the body in the sand and tied the dog to a tree,” NDTV reported.

Strangled or Stabbed?

Toyah Cordingley stabbed by Rajwinder Singh after argument over dog

Major breakthrough in case of dogwalker, 24, who was strangled to death by attacker because ‘her dog barked at him’

The confusion created by MSM yet again.

Strangled or Stabbed?

Toyah Cordingley stabbed by Rajwinder Singh after argument over dog

Major breakthrough in case of dogwalker, 24, who was strangled to death by attacker because ‘her dog barked at him’

The confusion created by MSM yet again.

He said he was carrying a kitchen knife and some fruit.

This is not the first time a man has murdered a woman after a fight with his wife/gf.
The dog barked at him knowing he was a threat!
THIS *advertiser censored* WAS A NURSE!! Imagine what he was doing to his patients when he was as having a tantrum! I’m truly sickened.

<modsnip>

Surely the bank accounts would be one of the first things you would be looking into + the movements of his immediate relatives in Australia and India?

The $Million reward did the trick for sure.
lt’d be bloody wrong if the people who were helping him and knew where he was got the reward.

In fact, if proven guilty, their homes/assets should be the collateral for the reward.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah but, hey, if that's the case, there's still a sort of sick gratification in knowing that he put his life in the hands of people who he trusted to care for his freedom, but were still ultimately mercantile.

could it have been just the work of local police, doing their job, big reward on offer, rather than friends or family who dobbed him in?

Last edited by a moderator:
could it have been just the work of local police, doing their job, big reward on offer, rather than friends or family who dobbed him in?
And in that case, had family and friends been paying local police not to find RS, but the reward outbid them?

Delhi police said they arrested Singh using information from local investigators, Australian police and Interpol.

I wonder if the reward will be paid for the capture if RS is ultimately not extradited. The article says that India's legal processes are notoriously slow and that if the magistrate decides on extradition, RS can appeal.

And in that case, had family and friends been paying local police not to find RS, but the reward outbid them?

Delhi police said they arrested Singh using information from local investigators, Australian police and Interpol.

I wonder if the reward will be paid for the capture if RS is ultimately not extradited. The article says that India's legal processes are notoriously slow and that if the magistrate decides on extradition, RS can appeal.
I should have added the preceding paragraph:

After announcing the reward along with a WhatsApp contact number, Australian police said they got a number of tips from India on Singh’s whereabouts.

So tips originating in India were sent to Australian police, which Australian police fed back to Delhi police, which formed part of the information used to locate and arrest RS.

This is the actual Qld Police reward announcement.

Another part of their offer is " .... an appropriate indemnity from prosecution would be considered for any accomplice, not being the person who actually committed the crime, who first gives such information which leads to Rajwinder Singh’s arrest.“

The Indian public prosecutor handling the case of a man accused of killing 24-year-old Australian Toyah Cordingley on a Queensland beach in 2018 says authorities will pursue extradition proceedings against him with 'maximum speed'.

Delhi police arrested Rajwinder Singh, an Australian citizen of Indian origin, on the national capital's outskirts last Friday after the Queensland government announced earlier this month a record $1 million reward for his capture.

Singh, who was remanded in judicial custody for five days, was due to appear in a Delhi magistrate's court on Wednesday for a hearing on Australia's bid to extradite him to stand trial for Cordingley's murder.

It's a heinous offence,' Ajay Digpaul, the government's prosecuting counsel, told AAP on Tuesday.

'We will seek to ensure this case proceeds with maximum speed.'

The prosecution is 'very focused on this case,' Mr Digpaul said.

But Singh 'will have the right to appeal,' he added.

Legal experts have raised concerns that Singh's extradition process could drag on for years as India's justice system is notoriously slow-moving with millions of pending cases.

Singh has been wanted for the murder of Ms Cordingley, 24, who was killed while walking alone with her dog at Wangetti Beach, north of Cairns, in October 2018.

He appeared with his father and lawyer in the Delhi District Court on Wednesday for extradition proceedings, where he stood expressionless in the packed courtroom in the same clothes he was wearing when he was arrested.

Mr Singh's lawyers asked for more documents to be assessed and have not yet challenged or supported the extradition request.

Unless Mr Singh applies for bail, he will remain in South Asia's largest prison complex, Tihar prison, until his next court appearance on December 17.

Singh has been wanted for the murder of Ms Cordingley, 24, who was killed while walking alone with her dog at Wangetti Beach, north of Cairns, in October 2018.

He appeared with his father and lawyer in the Delhi District Court on Wednesday for extradition proceedings, where he stood expressionless in the packed courtroom in the same clothes he was wearing when he was arrested.

Mr Singh's lawyers asked for more documents to be assessed and have not yet challenged or supported the extradition request.

Unless Mr Singh applies for bail, he will remain in South Asia's largest prison complex, Tihar prison, until his next court appearance on December 17.

Well, I guess we know where his father is now. Maybe he just stayed there after following Singh there after Toyah's murder.

"He appeared with his father and lawyer in the Delhi District Court on Wednesday for extradition proceedings .... "

Maybe he did stay there, or maybe he flew over after his son was arrested.
Though his son was arrested on Friday so it doesn't give you much time to organise a flight.

I would have thought the press would be onto his father returning , but I haven't heard that he did.

I can't find anything in this article that says he is either going to fight extradition or not fight it.
But the headline suggests otherwise.

It does say his wife and three children are still in Australia.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1
Back