ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids these days consult their friends about everything. The fact that they did this as they sat in a house where four bloody murders occurred leads me to believe that they really had no idea what happened, that they believed someone was unconscious or hurt, but called their friends to come check first because they didn’t want to call the police if their friend was just passed out and it would make them look stupid.
Once the friends arrived, they called dispatch and followed their directions of how to check on the person. I think this was when the phone was allegedly passed around. One of the early reports quoted a neighbor as saying she saw some girls outside crying and wrapped in those foil warmers given out by emergency personnel.
I think that once it dawned on them what really happened I’m sure they escaped the house as fast as they could. MOO
Do you remember the Meredith Kercher murder in Italy that was wrongly pinned on the American, Amanda Knox? This case reminds me of that one. The perp (Rudy Guede) entered the house through the front door and likely hid. When Meredith got home he murdered her in her bedroom with a knife, covered her body with a blanket, took a rock and broke the window from INSIDE to make it look like a break in (he didn't think that through too well), and then he locked her bedroom door before he left. When Amanda got home she noticed Meredith's door was closed/locked with no response when she knocked. What did she do? She called her Italian boyfriend over to the house. He broke down the door and found poor Meredith's body. That's when the police were summoned. I think something similar happened in this case. Everyone is saying, "How can it be that the roommates called their friends instead of 911 with all that blood." I say, because they did not see any blood as the gruesome scene was all behind a locked door(s).

I'm re-posting my earlier post because I think that people are overly fixated on a Ka-Bar type knife.

I'm not convinced that LE firmly believes that the knife that was used was a Ka-Bar type (fixed blade) knife. At the November 21 press conference, when LE was addressing "speculation, conjecture and misinformation", they emphasized that "early in the investigation" local businesses were canvassed to see if any fixed blade-type knives may have recently been purchased. From what I can tell, LE was canvassing local businesses about that issue up through Monday, November 14 -- only one day after the bodies were discovered. Police seek 'Rambo'-style knife in University of Idaho murders probe: report. However, the autopsies weren't completed until November 17th. New details: Autopsy confirms all 4 University of Idaho students were murdered. I think the autopsies would tell LE a lot about what type of knife was likely used and I think LE was trying to clue everyone in to the fact that a fixed-blade knife purchase was only an early investigative idea that they were pursuing. We've heard nothing about the knife type after the autopsies. JMO. See 6:50-8:25 here:

I don't think LE "released" it per se. It was Kaylee's sister who did her own sleuthing and uncovered it, and once that happened the Twitch link was being shared all over the internet.
I truly respect the victims family and I wouldn’t know what to do in their situation nor would I wanna know.

Moo, However, I believe LE would not have release the video as it compromises the strategy of their investigation. People who could be a poi will be alerted and an unregulated online sleuthers will fills in the blank and makes baseless assumption, le would then be flooded with tips that could bury the critical information that they may need to break this case.

View attachment 383291

And SkiGirl, post 227, wrote with regard to where LE is looking for security camera footage: "Instead, the area is all south of the house. I wondered if they had footage of someone leaving the area, so a general direction was known, but they were looking for better/clearer images." (snipped by me)

Way back in Thread #5, I noted the area south of the house, which includes Walenta Drive and Ridge Road, is an area of big, lovely single-family homes on beautifully and densely landscaped lots, clearly not student housing. All that landscaping provides good cover for someone trying to escape, so maybe LE thinks that's the way the perp went. Also, if the perp went that way, those very expensive homes likely have security cameras so their footage could be helpful.

Separate thing: Hopewell, in post #95 of this thread, linked to an interview with former FBI agent Jonathan Gilliam. One of his comments was this (bolding by me): "This was such a saturated crime scene and there were so many people there before that night and that morning when people actually called other people that came there before police even got there. I find that to be the oddest, just about strangest thing I've just about ever heard."

What do you think about the fact that the roommates called other people when they found the unconscious person before calling LE? Mr. Gilliam finds it very odd.
I completely agree with you. I think it is bizarre that other people were called before police arrived and that they came over to the crime scene. I just can't imagine my girls (who are now adults) doing that when they were in college.

IMO, this is someone or more than one who specifically knew how to stab someone so they couldn't scream for help and would not be able to rouse the entire household for help. They are experienced at this.

I also believe this crime was caused by someone in at least one of the victim's orbits. I believe either X or M was the target. I think E can be ruled out and K had only decided to come there at the last minute, so she was not expected to be there.

""There is definitely progress being made," Snell said. "It’s not progress we’re able to update the public on but, as we receive more evidence and more videos, we’re able to put together a clearer picture of what occurred and that definitely is progress."" Idaho police urge returning students to report 'anything out of the ordinary'

sidebar: coroners are appointed and not typically trained in medicine. medical examiners are medically trained professionals that have to be a physician and certified by the board of pathology. i think that this is a very important thing to remember. in any homicide case.

I still think it was 2 killers and they tag teamed the victims, 1 taking E and the other taking X then moving upstairs to the other girls and same thing with each going into the respective bedroom. I feel like maybe the girls on the bottom floor weren't targeted because either something happened that scared the killers off or they weren't expecting them to be home. Maybe they were supposed to be somewhere else that night but cancelled last minute? MOO

Did X have a history with someone else at the frat. Or someone outside of the frat? Either way, might she have run into him while waiting for EC to be done w/his dance obligations? The time gap in EC and X’s schedule is important IMO. Where were they for those 4 hours and were they even together? Do we know for a fact that Ethan and X returned to her house at the same time?

Perhaps X was there with a different guest when Ethan came “home”. Or someone from earlier in the evening came over to surprise x but found her with Ethan. Or maybe just came over to kill her because he couldn’t have her. This mystery man may have been known to M and/or K. If they saw him at the house “casually hanging around” when they came home, once he killed E and X they became witnesses he had to eliminate.

Just a hypothesis, and MOO

Last edited:
I just can't get over how many potentially risky situations this killer walked into to accomplish their goal. Let's assume killer was just walking in never having been into the house before.

1. Going into a house with 5-6 people minimum who may or may not fight back, not be asleep etc.
2. Going into multiple rooms where he didn't know the layout of beds, preseence of weapons etc.
3. Going into a house with MANY ways to exit.
4. Entering a house with at least 1 male who was fairly large in size.
5. Going into rooms not knowing what could be heard from rooms under, above or next to someone else.
6. Choosing a house with so much visibility to the houses around due to it's positioning.
7. Entering a home with a dog. As a lifelong Lab owner, my dogs might lay on someone coming in, freak out and bark, want to "play" and jump all over them thinking it was a game. They are such wildcards.
8. Entering a home potentially with so much technology, their's maybe included. Anyone could dial 911 if they heard something, their phone if they brought it could try to access the wifi, etc.

And so much more. It just really boggles the mind that this killer took so many risks, and thus far has managed to remain under the radar, at least publicly.
This leads me to believe the perp is a young immature, possibly impulsive young guy but definitely emotionally and cognitively immature. He didn’t think have the cognitive abilities to think this through-that’s why the crime scene is “messy”

I truly respect the victims family and I wouldn’t know what to do in their situation nor would I wanna know.

Moo, However, I believe LE would not have release the video as it compromises the strategy of their investigation. People who could be a poi will be alerted and an unregulated online sleuthers will fills in the blank and makes baseless assumption, le would then be flooded with tips that could bury the critical information that they may need to break this case.
Absolutely agree! Kaylee's sister is a BULLDOG and seems to be a super sleuther herself, so I think she couldn't help herself. That very video caused me to strongly suspect a certain person who appears in it, but after LE repeated several times who WAS NOT involved in the crime, I had to start believing them.

911 calls in Idaho college town include reports of 'blood,' 'unusual circumstances'

People are so scared right now that I think they are reporting anything and everything that is even remotely suspicious, as they should.

This article makes me wonder if the killer or killers had a larger motive than just killing the 4 kids.

blegh i shudder to think about that.

I guess That hasn’t been released I’m curious the food truck video was released But nothing about the Dive Bar, Also the frat party, I’m sure Cameras there aswell
The food truck video wasn't released - it already existed on the internet for anyone to see. It was only referenced after K's sister found the girls on it. JMO

This leads me to believe the perp is a young immature, possibly impulsive young guy but definitely emotionally and cognitively immature. He didn’t think have the cognitive abilities to think this through-that’s why the crime scene is “messy”

I'm curious if the scene is indeed messy or if LE released that to upset and bait the perp.

This article makes me wonder if the killer or killers had a larger motive than just killing the 4 kids.

Can you explain what you mean by this please?

Why wasn’t XK EC’s date for the Sigma Chi dance? I know there are a dozen reasons why he might take his sister instead of his girlfriend that mean nothing. But might it mean something?

Did Sig Chi brothers know EC was dating X? X had been in college for several years before Ethan. Did she have a history with someone else at the frat. Or someone outside of the frat? Either way, might she have run into him while waiting for EC to be done w/his dance obligations? The time gap in EC and X’s schedule is important IMO. Where were they for those 4 hours and were they even together? Do we know for a fact that Ethan and X returned to her house at the same time?

Perhaps X was there with a different guest when Ethan came “home”. Or someone from earlier in the evening came over to surprise x but found her with Ethan. Or maybe just came over to kill her because he couldn’t have her. This mystery man may have been known to M and/or K. If they saw him at the house “casually hanging around” when they came home, once he killed E and X they became witnesses he had to eliminate.

Just a hypothesis, and MOO
The dance was for his sister’s sorority.

“He was our our daughter Maizie’s date, and his brother was Maizie’s roommates date,” Chapin’s mother, Stacy Chapin, said in an interview Wednesday. The group was attending a dance hosted by Maizie’s sorority. “They all spent their last day together, all dressed up, and had a great time. We’re all thankful that they spent that time together.”

I'm curious if the scene is indeed messy or if LE released that to upset and bait the perp.
I hate to even say this, but when I first read that description I felt like they were using that term to describe the crime scene (blood), not necessarily the actions of the perp. Some people have been swapping out the word "messy" for "sloppy" (which I think is a misquote) and sloppy would mean something totally different, especially if describing the perp's actions.

I hate to even say this, but when I first read that description I felt like they were using that term to describe the crime scene (blood), not necessarily the actions of the perp. Some people have been swapping out the word "messy" for "sloppy" (which I think is a misquote) and sloppy would mean something totally different, especially if describing the perp's actions.

Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member