ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t answer that particular question because I’ve not been around campus (today). Things were quieter than normal yesterday when students typically return in droves & there was local news coverage last night indicating same.

They aren’t MSM so I’ll not link, but the UI has a student newspaper (Argonaut) as does nearby WSU (Daily Evergreen) for any interested.
I really liked that the LE press conference the other day prioritized questions coming first from student journalists at both the Argo and the Evergreen

Some of the murdered University of Idaho students were stabbed in their beds, coroner says

It's interesting, that video is from early on before the autopsy, but she later reversed her stance on this topic. Not sure why as it seems pretty cut and dried.

View attachment 383356

Some of the murdered University of Idaho students were stabbed in their beds, coroner says

It's interesting, that video is from early on before the autopsy, but she later reversed her stance on this topic. Not sure why as it seems pretty cut and dried.

View attachment 383356

Pls read the second full article.

I'm re-posting my earlier post because I think that people are overly fixated on a Ka-Bar type knife.

I'm not convinced that LE firmly believes that the knife that was used was a Ka-Bar type (fixed blade) knife. At the November 21 press conference, when LE was addressing "speculation, conjecture and misinformation", they emphasized that "early in the investigation" local businesses were canvassed to see if any fixed blade-type knives may have recently been purchased. From what I can tell, LE was canvassing local businesses about that issue up through Monday, November 14 -- only one day after the bodies were discovered. Police seek 'Rambo'-style knife in University of Idaho murders probe: report. However, the autopsies weren't completed until November 17th. New details: Autopsy confirms all 4 University of Idaho students were murdered. I think the autopsies would tell LE a lot about what type of knife was likely used and I think LE was trying to clue everyone in to the fact that a fixed-blade knife purchase was only an early investigative idea that they were pursuing. We've heard nothing about the knife type after the autopsies. JMO. See 6:50-8:25 here:

In one of early interviews with Coroner, she said "a large knife", "like a kitchen type" or something to that effect. That seems to me to be pretty far removed from a Ka Bar type knife, which you'd think would be very distinguishable with an autopsy. I'm not sure if she made that comment before or after the autopsy was performed, however.

It's been my feeling that a female suspect is likely, due to the dynamics of the all female household and no sexual assaults-- but, I think it could also be an (older) man avenging on behalf of a female peer of the college students. A father figure "for" his daughter for instance (not necessarily with daughter's knowledge or approval, but who may realize it now), attempting to even some score.

I try not to get tunnel vision on my hunches, but I'm still not satisfied that the root of this group being targeted wasn't someone who may have vied for K's spot in the house and was badly (hurtfully, in their eyes) turned down/spurned. The main targets then being X and M, the primary decision-makers on the subject, located on separate floors of the house.

Per information here at WS: Xana held the lease, had the house for a couple of years. Xana and Maddie had a longstanding work relationship at the Mad Greek and probably had a large community of acquaintances from there.

The catalyst being someone in their orbit, yes, in their age group, yes, but perhaps not exactly a social peer for one reason or another. The suspect, maybe not so much.

I don't know if this makes any sense to anyone else, but I'd love some feedback. I'm certainly not tied-down to the idea, but I just don't get full on male energy from this crime. No sexual component in a house full of beautiful young women seems off.

jmo
moo
mo
feedback - If this had been gun ambush from a distance, potentially, but this is a very physical, up close crime. From all I've read and know, stabbing a human is not just in-out-in-out. It's bone, ligaments, tendons, cartilage, and adipose tissue, veins, arteries, a whole lot of blood, potentially organs revealed, shredded skin - and that's four times. So the only way I could see it being a woman is if it were someone very strong and along the lines of Aileen Wuornos rage, but for women. As for avenging, again, a stretch. Gun and distance - maybe, but stabbing and plunging through viscera, I'm going no.

Unless there's an update I haven't seen today, LE is stuck, and this becomes exponentially less and less likely to be solved for every day that goes by. I hope I'm wrong.

In one of early interviews with Coroner, she said "a large knife", "like a kitchen type" or something to that effect. That seems to me to be pretty far removed from a Ka Bar type knife, which you'd think would be very distinguishable with an autopsy. I'm not sure if she made that comment before or after the autopsy was performed, however.
It may be a paywalled article from our local newspaper dated 11/17/2022 (after autopsies), but per WS guidelines, I believe I’m allowed to post the article title:

Coroner: Autopsies confirm cause of death for UI students was stabbing. 'It would have had to been a large knife'​

• By Anthony Kuipers Daily News staff writer
  • Nov 17, 2022 Updated Nov 17, 2022

Coroner: Autopsies confirm cause of death for UI students was stabbing. 'It would have had to been a large knife'

feedback - If this had been gun ambush from a distance, potentially, but this is a very physical, up close crime. From all I've read and know, stabbing a human is not just in-out-in-out. It's bone, ligaments, tendons, cartilage, and adipose tissue, veins, arteries, a whole lot of blood, potentially organs revealed, shredded skin - and that's four times. So the only way I could see it being a woman is if it were someone very strong and along the lines of Aileen Wuornos rage, but for women. As for avenging, again, a stretch. Gun and distance - maybe, but stabbing and plunging through viscera, I'm going no.

Unless there's an update I haven't seen today, LE is stuck, and this becomes exponentially less and less likely to be solved for every day that goes by. I hope I'm wrong.
I'm going to quote myself here to add some detail about why I feel this strongly.

I've seen a body pried open at the chest for heart massage. I've seen what comes out of a human. I've seen bone torn through muscle. I've seen gunshot wounds, spurting and pulsing blood, appendages crushed to jelly. The heart massage was an especially out of body experience for me - and I was just observing. Seeing other humans die like that disrupts a normal person's force. Humans are not meant to see these things, and they disturb out hearts and souls in real and visceral ways. No one who could do what we believe this person did could be anything other than rage-and-evil-filled on some deep level and these four young people just set that off. JMO but I'd put money on it, and I don't gamble.

Last edited:
The Traffic Cams Idaho site gives locations of traffic cameras pinned to a map. The 511 Idaho site opens to a road map with camera symbols on it, and those symbols are click buttons to actual cameras.
Thank you!

Think about trying to sneak into a building at three in morning, with plans to kill 4 individuals, in 3 different bedrooms, on 2 different floors, with only 1 knife. And then, quietly disappear back into the night like nothing happened. What could go wrong? Everything. If the military were planning this, it would take months.

I'm going to quote myself here to add some detail about why I feel this strongly.

I've seen a body pried open at the chest for heart massage. I've seen what comes out of a human. I've seen bone torn through muscle. I've seen gunshot wounds, spurting and pulsing blood, appendages crushed to jelly. The heart massage was an especially out of body experience for me - and I was just observing. Seeing other humans die disrupts a normal person's force. Humans are not meant to see these things, and they disturb out hearts and souls in real and visceral ways. No one who could do what we believe this person did could be anything other than rage-and-evil-filled on some deep level and these four young people just set that off. JMO but I'd put money on it, and I don't gamble.

Yes, there are clearly articles out there where the coroner states the victims were found in their beds. What some people apparently don’t know is that she gave an interview the next day where she clarifies that only some were in their beds. Just because an article can be linked to back up a statement doesn’t necessarily mean it’s correct. It doesn’t mean that information wasn’t cleared up or corrected later.

This all originated when the coroner gave an interview to Ashleigh Banfield with NewsNation on Thursday, 11/17. In that interview she tells Banfield that the victims were found in their beds.

Then, the next day, Friday, 11/18, the coroner gave an interview to CBS News and said that earlier reports (I.e. her statement to Banfield the day before) stating that all 4 were murdered in their beds was not accurate.

“Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.”

Need some clarification - was X at the dance with E, his sister, brother and girlfriend that night? Is this the event that LE is saying they were there from 8-9 and is this the same event at the fraternity house close to the crime scene? I feel like I don't have a great understanding of the timeline for E and X that night (other than the 8-9 event).
I don't think it has ever been definitively clarified that the dance was on Saturday night, some of us think it was on Friday night. E's mother said that the dance was the last time the triplets were together, but she didn't say when it was, but it is clear that it was a recent event. We also don't know if X was at the dance. We just know that E was with his sister, and H (brother of E) was with the roommate of M (sister of E). I would assume it took place at M's sorority, and not at the frat house near the crime scene. JMO.

Think about trying to sneak into a building at three in morning, with plans to kill 4 individuals, in 3 different bedrooms, on 2 different floors, with only 1 knife. And then, quietly disappear back into the night like nothing happened. What could go wrong? Everything. If the military were planning this, it would take months.
Absolutely. And how many may still be alive if things had gone just a little bit differently.

I, too, feel like the killer was a local, and perhaps living or often visiting very near to the house. Someone who could see the comings and goings of the students at the house. A very angry, and / or very envious person.

I keep thinking of this movie quote:

What does he do, Clarice? What is the first and principal thing he does, what need does he serve by killing? He covets. How do we begin to covet? We begin by coveting what we see every day.”

― Thomas Harris, The Silence of the Lambs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member