Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #157

Status
Not open for further replies.
During an interview after the PCA hearing last week, Doug Carter stated to an interviewer who asked about RL that no one had been cleared to date. That makes me wonder if they still think the had something to do with this crime in some capacity? Maybe he found the bodies before anyone else and didn't report it for some reason? He asked his cousin to provide the alibi at 9:20am on the 14th - that is *before* the girls were found dead. Is it possible he was looking for them and found them dead on his property and just didn't report knowing that he had a criminal record and had breeched his probation by driving to that afternoon to a store 30mins away? I could see why that would scare a guy - two dead kids on his property and he's already got a criminal record....

Technically nobody is cleared until a suspect is convicted and at that time the case is considered solved. If we take what DC says literally we could create an endless list of possible suspects, hundreds actually both dead and alive but what would be the point because we’re not inside the investigation?

But we do know of one person who has definitely NOT been cleared, that’s RA who’s presently facing charges for both murders.

JMO

Technically nobody is cleared until a suspect is convicted and at that time the case is considered solved. If we take what DC says literally we could create an endless list of possible suspects, hundreds actually both dead and alive but what would be the point because we’re not inside the investigation?

But we do know of one person who has definitely NOT been cleared, that’s RA who’s presently facing charges for both murders.

JMO
Everyone is cleared until convicted...

Presumption of innocence until we see otherwise. I hope the DA has a rock solid case.
but nothing that I have read to this point would convict this man.
furthermore, I feel his family is off limits at this time!
None of us have read anything that would convict this man, because the charging information is sealed.

I mean they may make a ban so nothing can be released from the PCA to the trial details aside guilty or not guilty until some point in the future when others can be brought to face justice. This has happened in other cases: eg: Paul Bernardo / Karla Holmolka trial - no info was published or released anywhere in Canada because she lied to police and they gave her a sweet deal.

Well he put himself in the area that day per media reports. Notice we weren’t told where exactly or what time?
Ah, I thought you were talking about her being able to block the press from reporting on documents or information they can uncover. Copy

As has been mentioned earlier possibly LE only asked RL where he was between the specific time of 2-5:30pm and that’s why it‘s stated in the SW? They’d have no reason to be concerned where he was earlier or later when questioned in relation to the murders.

His cellphone was found in proximity of the bodies probably because his residence was nearby. With so few cell towers in a rural area it would be impossible to triangulate a cellphone to an exact and precise location.

Although this search warrant was only recently released, IMO it’s actually old news. The search took place over 5 years ago and LE had more than enough time to further investigate him as a key suspect if they found reason to. It’s not as if we just happened to stumble upon a hot lead that LE had completely overlooked.

JMO
I believe an ex-girlfriend may have told LE she suspected RL. I believe he had been driving against a court order so this might have been a motivation if he asked for a false alibi. Other than the alcohol I am not aware of his past history but perhaps someone else does. I did follow this case but less so until the recent developments. Had the girls ever crossed the bridge before? I understand they had been on the trails at the park but I do not believe it was known they would be on the bridge. I wonder if Libby was being stalked and this was the reason for a phone reset. Both of the girls were not dressed as if they were expecting to meet a handsome young man that day.

Thanks, goes to my point. Some commentators had already strung him up and hung him with no evidence IMO
The presumption of innocence, aka "innocent until proven guilty" is a legal term that applies to everyone going through the criminal justice system.

The same presumption does not apply to the court of public opinion.

Since nothing has been released yet, none of us know what they have on RA but we do know, LE has filed for both search warrants and arrest warrants and both were given. I have no doubt there was substantial cause.

jmo

The presumption of innocence, aka "innocent until proven guilty" is a legal term that applies to everyone going through the criminal justice system.

The same presumption does not apply to the court of public opinion.

Since nothing has been released yet, none of us know what they have on RA but we do know, LE has filed for both search warrants and arrest warrants and both were given. I have no doubt there was substantial cause.

jmo

What’s rather intriguing to me is prior to the arrest of RA, going back throughout the entire five plus years it was a popular opinion that “LE knows who the murderer is, they’re building their case”. (My imagination always gave me pause to consider whether hammers or 2x4s were involved.)

Flash forward and I’m merely reflecting - finally an announcement of the arrest of a suspect and presently the point is well emphasized that RA is legally considered innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Rightfully so and any knowing on the part of LE becomes essentially meaningless, as much as it has been all along. A conviction will be dependent on the strength of the evidence against him as presented by the Prosecutor, the skill of his defence team in creating doubt and the opinion of the jury members assuming this case eventually goes to trial.

But just because we‘re not privy to the details of that evidence yet is not proof that no evidence exists. JMO

Actually the warrant for RL said that about 15 people had contacted the police and raised concerns that he could be the killer. I forget how they worded it but she wasn’t the only one who thought that he could have been the killer.

Nothing to say all the 15 who submitted tips knew him personally, in fact I‘d strongly lean towards they did not. SM including early threads here were numerous members who were beyond certain that the photo of the man on the bridge was of him, especially after he was interviewed by TV reporters in a blue coat similar to the man in the photo that was already released.

Any search warrant always includes details in the most favourable and even somewhat biased slant by LE because the purpose of that information is so the Judge will approve it. It’s not to be interpreted as evidence of guilt in itself, it’s to legally allow LE to search. And 15 opinions from different people raising concerns does not prove guilt.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members