Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what was the basis for the search warrant?

Can it be that he put himself in by admitting to wearing the clothes of Bridge Guy?

That admission seems to be the most devastating evidence against him, because it links him to the video. Taken with the bullet, there are actually two pieces of physical evidence that put him in for the murders. The video and the bullet.

Bonkers.

Attaching for anyone who wants to read it here / has any issues reading it on any of the news sites. This is just the PCA.

Also - am I crazy or am I not really saying this "other person involved possibly" that we were told about in the latest hearing? Am I missing that somewhere in the PCA?
MOO but I think it was sealed to keep everyone from finding out immediately that they had everything they needed for an arrest on February 14, 2017.

It's really unclear to me why the prosecutors wanted to keep even this redacted version from being released. I sure hope they have more substantial evidence to add to this at trial. Kudos to the judge for keeping the public informed.

After reading many post about today's PC release I would like to mention :

These dox do not contain ALL of the evidence against RA !!!!! They contain ENOUGH evidence to charge him !!!

Imo there is ALOT more evidence that has not been released yet. I.E. boot prints,his DNA on them, their DNA on his belongings.

This Case is not hinged on 1 single unspent 40cal bullit lol

Attaching for anyone who wants to read it here / has any issues reading it on any of the news sites. This is just the PCA.

Also - am I crazy or am I not really saying this "other person involved possibly" that we were told about in the latest hearing? Am I missing that somewhere in the PCA?

Thanks for the link

The prosecution didn't say the possible other perp was in the PCA. Rather the release of the PCA could jeopardise investigation into a person who had involvement.

After reading many post about today's PC release I would like to mention :

These dox do not contain ALL of the evidence against RA !!!!! They contain ENOUGH evidence to charge him !!!

Imo there is ALOT more evidence that has not been released yet. I.E. boot prints,his DNA on them, their DNA on his belongings.

This Case is not hinged on 1 single unspent 40cal bullit lol

I agree

Though it is also hinged on him admitting to wearing the same clothes as the man in the video.

That is pretty incriminating.

I believe they have their man but I still can’t wrap my head around why. A man married for 30 + years and had his daughter.

Plus the resemblance to Libby also adds a whole other ick to such a horrific crime.

I also don’t understand how LE screwed this up so badly. They had a sketch , video and Audio and the man admitted to be around when the crimes were committed. He literally placed himself there and they did nothing with that information for years.

MOO

I don't see it either. The only possible thing I can think of is if they are actually entertaining the idea that someone else borrowed or used his gun. That's the only thing IMO that could potentially introduce another party into the scene.

But HE was ON the BRIDGE! Are we supposed to believe he was on the bridge and just coincidentally that SAME DAY one of his buddies stole his gun and left a bullet right where two girls were murdered WHILE he was ON THE BRIDGE?

I am flabbergasted. I was expecting a much more tenuous PCA based on electronic surveillance and CSAM.

Bring this over from last tread b/c its a good post not sure how to do it so i will link then quote.

I don't understand this!!!

In 2017 RA admitted to being on the bridge at the same time as the video taken by Libby, wearing the same clothes and having the same build as the guy in the video, AND there were THREE EYE WITNESSES who ALSO described his build and clothes.

Did LE show RA's photo to the THREE eye witnesses in 2017 to see if they recognized him? They walked RIGHT BY HIM. They saw his face enough to describe the look he gave them. Did they run pictures of everyone on the bridge, including RA, by the eye witnesses?

The answer either way is not good: 1) they did not bother because they trusted good ole' Ricky, or 2) they DID and the girls did NOT identify him.

There are a lot of studies that show eye witnesses are not actually that reliable but it is still hard to explain to a jury.

how did they not do a photo line up of him with witness at the time if they had all this information that seams INSANE

In 2017 they had him admitting to being there. A man that was bloody and muddy was seen walking to a car that looked like his BUT RA wasn't looked at as a suspect until THIS SUMMER ...how .... someone make this make sense b/c i can't get this straight in my mind.

they didn't do a photoline up or anything or did they and they did not pick him. Something does NOT add up here.

This is why I can't agree with the people that are like "just trust them they have way more better evidence they just didn't show it" I hope your right but every time we get a peek it kind of looks like a clown show.

Last edited:

Prosecution said one reason they wanted to seal the document was because minor witnesses were involved … and that’s true because of the three teens that saw BG on the trail. But that hardly seems like a reason to seal the document? They saw a guy on the trail and gave a general description. These don’t seem like witnesses that need protecting from harm … maybe they don’t need to be harassed by media, but to seal the PCA because of them? I don’t get it.

But I don’t see anything about other people involved in the PCA either.

I believe they have their man but I still can’t wrap my head around why. A man married for 30 + years and had his daughter.

Plus the resemblance to Libby also adds a whole other ick to such a horrific crime.

I also don’t understand how LE screwed this up so badly. They had a sketch , video and Audio and the man admitted to be around when the crimes were committed. He literally placed himself there and they did nothing with that information for years.

MOO

I've come round to your POV, crazy as it seems

I wonder why on earth he admitted to being there in '17?

Did he think the girls would ID him? Why on earth did he go on to do the murders if he had been seen by witnesses?

Prosecution said one reason they wanted to seal the document was because minor witnesses were involved … and that’s true because of the three teens that saw BG on the trail. But that hardly seems like a reason to seal the document? They saw a guy on the trail and gave a general description. These don’t seem like witnesses that need protecting from harm … maybe they don’t need to be harassed by media, but to seal the PCA because of them? I don’t get it.

But I don’t see anything about other people involved in the PCA either.

Small town - risk of people talking to / pressuring the witnesses about the case?

Interesting that past reports, e.g. the RL PCA and KG's statements are that the girls were dropped off at "approximately 1:00pm." IIRC there were varying reports that the pickup time was supposed to be either 3pm or 4pm. Today's released RA PCA specifically states the girls were dropped off at 1:49 pm which is quite a bit different than 1:00pm when considering the pickup time could've been 3:00 - not really much time to hike, and certainly not much time to hike to the south end of High Bridge AND meet up with someone, then hike back.

Also it appears prior misinformation that RA's 2017 statement (to the CO?) that he was on the trails but didn't see anyone. Today's PCA says RA's 2017 interview reported seeing 3 females at the Freedom Bridge prior to walking to the High Bridge. Same PCA says RA's 2022 interview reported only seeing juvenile females east of the Freedom Bridge then he went towards the High Bridge - saw no one else...He may have stated directly or it was inferred by lack of specific mention that he didn't see anyone else while he was specifically on the High Bridge. As others have mentioned, it seems odd whether a pre-plan to kill or stumble on opportunity that he bypassed these 3 juvenile girls when it was no sure thing he'd encounter any similar victims later - unless he for sure knew there were others coming to the High Bridge at a later time.

I agree with those who feel RA placed himself at the actual crime scene, not just randomly on the bridge or trail, because of the unspent bullet.

By saying he hadn't ever been around there with his gun, nor loaned the gun to anyone else, IMO it does in fact show he himself was there, at the place and time of the murders.

How likely would it be that the bullet just happened to be between the bodies of Libby and Abby? Even if the defense said that someone else had his racked bullet, somehow, or that the girls just stumbled upon a bullet and put in in a pocket, for me that is FAR too coincidental. Occam's razor, etc.

I agree also that a PCA is what it says, probable cause, enough for an arrest. I do believe there is much more evidence that is rightfully being withheld until trial, and hopefully for a conviction.

I do wish though that this arrest was five years earlier than now.

It’s maddening now that we know they had a bullet! RA had that gun all along and they didn’t even check to see if the guy who was ADMITTEDLY on the trail that day and who MATCHED THE DESCRIPTION of BG owned a firearm that would use the kind of bullet they found near the victims???

I think they just flat out missed RA back in 2017. Seems to me that someone filed a report and nobody else looked at it until 2022.
Apperently its way crazy than that!! poster @girlhasnoname posted in the last thread :
He didn't voluntarily go to LE back in 2017, someone identified his car. Source: Rafael Sanchez @WRTV

so they knew about him and looked into him they didn't just loose him in the file THEY went to him and then .... idk i guess just stopped?.

Can he be so stupid that he thought by admitting to seeing the 3 girls - they gave him credibility

i.e they place him innocently on the trail (who would then go on to do a bad double murder!!)

So he went and admitted that in '17 realising they might ID him? Then doubled down on it in '22 including the clothes?

I suspect LE tripped him up there - maybe they suggested the girls reported the clothes, (but were actually inconsistent)

But I still cannot for the life of me understand why you would admit to wearing the exact clothes of Bridge Guy unless you wanted to get caught

I started here on WS because of this case. Stopped getting on and posting about 2 years ago but always checked in!!! Lost my old account(tried numerous times to reset my password but never got the email) so had to start fresh. anyways, what’s even more crazy to me is, you had the murderer, in front of your face, in a town very small, Delphi police had to wonder numerous times (is it this guy that I know, this guy, what about this guy) and it’s almost like they completely missed him because it was too easy? It’s like they didn’t want to believe it was one of their own? I live in a town 5times bigger than Delphi and I feel like everyone knows everyone here so our local LE would have an aha moment if they had not only video footage, but a voice!!!! And then in the beginning, this man admitted to being on the bridge that day. It’s mind boggling to me on so many levels!! This man’s wife never questioned him? His friends? I have to think as a whole, a lot of the community of Delphi turned their head to the fact it could be a local! IT WAS A LOCAL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther