Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug Carter:

This case is unlike any that I’ve seen in almost a 40 year career. So, there are so many different tentacles to this. It’s very… it’s very complex. [Nov 2022 - Doug Carter Radio Interview Transcript - Hammer & Nigel Show [Delphi murders, Richard Allen & Kegan Kline Discussion] - CrimeLights]

No, and I hope one day [when the case is solved] that everyone knows what we know, and I think you’ll be surprised. [Feb 2021 - Delphi Murders: Superintendent Doug Carter Interview / 4 Year Anniversary - CrimeLights ]

I thought the PC might shed light on this "complexity", but not seeing it, bullet found, man fitting profile admits to being there, gun matches bullet ...

Maybe the PC sheds light on the second quote though, we are surprised about how much they knew in 2017 and didn't act upon ...
On the complexity and the "tentacles". Tentacles means to me more than one person. Each tentacle being a person. I could be wrong but that's my take.

“This case is unlike any that I’ve seen… there are so many different tentacles. It’s very complex.” -Doug Carter, Indiana State Police Superintendent​

In my opinion, can not really understand what an unspent round would be doing at the crime scene. Even if RA killed the girls, why drop an unfired bullet at the scene? makes no sense to me. Generally bullets for semi-auto pistols remain in the pistol magazine where they are kept secure. How could one drop out and land on the ground between the girl's bodies? Unless there was a loose round in his pocket, that happened to drop out at the crime scene, but again, WHY?

To me, the strongest evidence presented was:

1) Allen volunteered he was there on the Monan High Bridge at about the time the girls disappeared.
2) Allen by his own admission was dressed like Bridge Guy
3) the girl who saw someone dressed as Bridge Guy "muddy and bloody" walking toward his car.

Also, does anyone else notice that page 8 of 8 of the affidavit is missing? I wonder why?
How does a cycled round get there? Best bet is he jacked the slide as a threat gesture to control someone being difficult, lost sight of the ejected bullet in the heat of what was going on, and then either forgot about it or couldn't find it later.

He really didn't want to pop off a shot with that .40. Very loud. Also, btw, not very common. That alone would be bad, never mind that the marks match perfectly.

It could be he was carrying a few rounds loose in his pocket and one fell out unnoticed. In this case, the extraction marks would have been made at some earlier time when he was just testing the action. This seems unlikely. You don't carry loose rounds to a crime. Maybe a spare mag, but not a bunch of loose bullets. MOO

The Probable Cause Affidavit was sufficient for the Arrest Warrant to be issued.

We won't know what was discovered during the Search until the Trial.

That is when Evidence recovered from the Search led to the Murder charges being laid,

The goal of the
Probable Cause Affidavit is only to get the Arrest Warrant, nothing more.

We will finally hear the evidence at the trial next year.

Thankfully we are on the road to Justice for Abby and Libby.

Last edited:
I'd like to know where that jacket is. JMO
I think LE has it. MOO

A tow truck took away Allen’s black SUV, they said, and officers exited the home with bundles of cloth or clothing, a stack of books, a shopping bag and a shoebox. They also set up lights in the back yard next to a shed and dug out two small areas, while appearing to use a metal detector, they said.

Some news places have the “8th” page of the PCA.
You can see that here (it’s a blank signature page) DocumentCloud

Weirdly, when I got the PCA from the clerk today via email and inquired about page 8 this was the response. So I’m a bit confused (I blocked out my name)
That is a very weird response. I work in a court clerk's office (albeit not in Indiana) and we never tell people to contact the judge because they really can't, they can at most talk to the judicial assistant and that's really only ever about scheduling hearings. I imagine that the circuit court clerk's office is absolutely overwhelmed by this case and requests for info/copies so maybe that reply was not entirely serious and more sarcastic.

The release of the PCA just makes this already bizarre case, even more so.

So the police have a male that fits the description of BG who has placed himself at the crime scene the day of the murders. He admitted to seeing them. He wore the same clothes as BG. They found a bullet at the crime scene.

How on earth did it take them nearly SIX YEARS to arrest him? He kept the gun and clothes in question? How did they not immediately think to look more into this guy, check if he had guns and do forensics on the gun from the start?

And this crime was SO brazen. 2 girls, broad daylight, others walking the woods...it sounds beyond nuts that he was that brazen. THEN, he admits he was there, and keeps the clothing (I thought I read that somewhere - correct me if I'm wrong) and keeps the gun? Stays in town, acts like nothing happened.

I don't know what's dumber - this guy doing all of that, or the fact it took the cops 6 years to arrest said guy.

In my opinion:
I am trying to remain focused on the fact that what we are seeing is the PCA for arrest .
We do not know what the PCA includes in the beginning which would be the search warrant.
We don't know the totality of the evidence that has been collected.
The "thing" that we do know is that RA was there.
He told LE what he wore and where he went ( at least part of where he went).
We know that LE has definitive proof that HIS gun was there at the Crime scene at some point in time.
RA was adamant that NO ONE was ever in possession of this gun. He said he has NEVER been on RL's property.

RA STILL has the same clothing he wore that day.
Bet me that LE doesn't have those clothes and they will be able to show that it is the clothing that was worn the day the girls were taken.

I have NO doubt that we have less than 1 percent of the information that is in the hands of people that know how to prove this case.

I feel confident that RA is the murderer, waiting to see who else is implicated.
I don't think we are done being shocked.

JMO

The Probable Cause Affidavit was sufficient for the Search Warrant to be issued.

That is when Evidence recovered from the Search led to the Murder charges being laid,

The goal of the
Probable Cause Affidavit is only to get the Search Warrant, nothing more.

This was the probable cause affidavit for the arrest, not the search. It states what was taken in the search: jackets, boots, knives and firearms,

Any theories on why there was an unspent bullet at the scene? I don't know much about guns - would he have ejected a bullet to show the girls it was loaded, without having to fire it off (that would've possible been heard)? Did he shoot but the gun misfired? And then ne had to eject the bullet?

The Probable Cause Affidavit was sufficient for the Search Warrant to be issued.

The goal of the
Probable Cause Affidavit is only to get the Search Warrant, nothing more.

But the search warrant is mentioned in the Probable Cause Affidavit...

"On October 13th, 2022, Investigators executed a search warrant of Richard Allen's residence"

Any theories on why there was an unspent bullet at the scene? I don't know much about guns - would he have ejected a bullet to show the girls it was loaded, without having to fire it off (that would've possible been heard)? Did he shoot but the gun misfired? And then ne had to eject the bullet?

Surely if he has ejected a bullet he would have picked it up?

That seems like criminal 101 class

Things the document reveals or confirms:

1) The PCA makes no reference at all to the Klines or catfishing.

2) The garments found in Deer Creek by the crime scene search were from one or both of the girls.

3) If there was ever a gun in the Wabash River, it isn't RA's Sig Sauer. There's nothing we know so far that calls for a second gun. (There may still be a need for a big knife.)

4) RA's vehicle was almost certainly parked at the former CPS building.

5) A man resembling RA was seen walking toward the MHB shortly before the murderer met the girls. (2:13)

6) One of the victims is heard on audio mentioning seeing a gun.

7) A man resembling RA was seen walking along a road between the Monon High Bridge and the place RA's car was parked. That man looked like he had been in a fight and had muddy, bloody clothing. This around 4PM on the day of the murders.

8) RA's Sig Sauer produced the same extraction marks on a test round as the marks on an unfired round at the crime scene. RA says he never knew RL or visited his property, nor did he ever lend out that firearm. (I'd hate to have to explain that innocently.)

There could be more, but that's what jumps out at me for now.
Do we know if he actually knew RL or was on that property from previous evidence, pictures etc?

One of the witnesses quoted in the PCA says “the man was in all black and had something covering his mouth. […] She said he couldn’t have been taller than 5’10. He was wearing a black hoodie, black jeans, and black boots.”

That’s reasonable doubt is it not? McLeland and Diener should - IMO - find alternative careers.

All black with black boots or blue jacket and blue jeans, face mostly covered, might have been driving a Ford Focus, PT Cruiser, or Smart car (none of which resembles the others), unspent round found apparently with no prints or DNA and who knows how long it was there, LE statement that more people could be involved, two different sketches and a shaky video that look like half of the men in the midwest, and no one in the community had suspected RA until his arrest… no wonder the defense is salivating.

I get not putting everything into a PCA, but even just one more item stronger than what was presented should have been included. I hope they have better than this when they go to trial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member