Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Missing From Home - Mom ARRESTED- Savannah #4

I fervently hope Leilani has lounged in her last ever lawn chair, drank at her last bar, laid her head in her last private bed, ate her last ever meal in a restaurant. Conceived her last ever baby.

The grandparents were custodians of those children and if they're not arrested for dereliction of their duty of care to those children, I hope at least they are never allowed to be alone with them again.

IMO
Bbm.
Agreed 100 %.
Red flags were there in abundance.
And especially with the bolded.

My friends, a wonderful couple, are foster parents to a toddler and a newborn who was removed at birth from the mother-- who is incarcerated.
This bio mom has 6 other children !
All of them are safe in foster care and two of them are about to be adopted by the family they're living with.
Some people find it difficult or impossible to responsibly care for their offspring, but continue to birth more.
It's mind boggling.
Imo.

Other murderers have had a parent support them, so it's not unheard of.
Danny Rollings comes to mind :

It's strange that the other inmates are keeping BJH apprised of what Leilani is doing , though.
If you're on suicide watch, I'd expect that normally an inmate would be kept in solitary and not allowed to mingle with other inmates ?
M00.
Exactly what I was thinking. Someone had to give them BJH's phone number. :rolleyes:

From the above article:

Other inmates keeping in touch on Leilani's behalf? Interesting.
female inmates are not like male inmates. its conceivable at county level, she can find a friend inside. its a little harder at state, but if her crime was not so high profile and she kept her head low, she could skate on by. but shes high profile. pearl fernandez was not well received once her paperwork got out. at first she was pointing the finger at the bf but then her paper hit the yard.

Other murderers have had a parent support them, so it's not unheard of.
Danny Rollings comes to mind :

It's strange that the other inmates are keeping BJH apprised of what Leilani is doing , though.
If you're on suicide watch, I'd expect that normally an inmate would be kept in solitary and not allowed to mingle with other inmates ?
M00.
depends on the jail. some have the safety cell in booking. some have a mental health unit. and lots of jails dont have multiple modules for female inmates so they may just be housed there.

Sheriff Wilcher also said that mental health workers determined she also needed to be placed on suicide watch. When an inmate is on suicide watch, he says that they’re sometimes placed in a padded room and given a smock to wear instead of a shirt and pants because those items could be used to hang yourself.

“If they got their clothes and they try to hang herself with them, and you know, if they’re in a room with a sink or a toilet, they’ll try to break that and harm herself or whatever. So, you know, you have to take all the precautions you can to make sure they’re taken care of,” Sheriff Wilcher said.
Leilani’s mother, Billie Howell, said that she hasn’t heard from Leilani since she was arrested. She says when she called and asked the jail why, they told her Leilani couldn’t make phone calls for security reasons.

Sheriff Wilcher was asked about her phone privileges.

“She can call her family when she’s out for her hour, she can put a message on the kiosk to text them, or she can do a visitation with them on the kiosk. That’s left up to her, that’s not left up to me,” Sheriff Wilcher said.
Okay, I'm being petty here but I can't help but get just a little amusement from the thought of Leilani sitting in a padded cell for 23 hours a day with no sink or toilet, dressed in a little smock. A far cry from a comfy lawn chair. MOO.

Interesting that Leilani hasn't bothered to call BJ during her hour outing.

Sheriff Wilcher also said that mental health workers determined she also needed to be placed on suicide watch. When an inmate is on suicide watch, he says that they’re sometimes placed in a padded room and given a smock to wear instead of a shirt and pants because those items could be used to hang yourself.

“If they got their clothes and they try to hang herself with them, and you know, if they’re in a room with a sink or a toilet, they’ll try to break that and harm herself or whatever. So, you know, you have to take all the precautions you can to make sure they’re taken care of,” Sheriff Wilcher said.
Leilani’s mother, Billie Howell, said that she hasn’t heard from Leilani since she was arrested. She says when she called and asked the jail why, they told her Leilani couldn’t make phone calls for security reasons.

“She can call her family when she’s out for her hour, she can put a message on the kiosk to text them, or she can do a visitation with them on the kiosk. That’s left up to her, that’s not left up to me,” Sheriff Wilcher said.
Okay, I'm being petty here but I can't help but get just a little amusement from the thought of Leilani sitting in a padded cell for 23 hours a day with no sink or toilet, dressed in a little smock. A far cry from a comfy lawn chair. MOO.

That might lend some credence to the story that BJ turned her in.
I think BJ wants it both ways.
Best to refocus energy on ensuring Z and baby have everything they need, wherever they are, and reflecting on the little guy’s life. IMO.

Now that she can't numb herself, she has too much time to think about what she has done. That honestly might explain why she isn't calling her mother during her breaks either.

It doesn't surprise me there's been no contact between BJ and Leilani. Now that Leilani has been arrested and charged, the next shoe to drop might be charges against BJ. BJ had legal custody of Quinton when he was murdered. BJ must be very angry Leilani actions have exposed her to possible criminal charges. BJ strikes me as quite a hot head.

I suspect no one has deposited money in her commissary account to pay for outgoing calls. I can't think Leilani has many friends or sympathizers right now. Also, I don't see BJ accepting collect calls from her.

May Quinton Rest in Peace

JMO

IMO it would be highly unlikely that the other inmates would be calling her mom for her (unless she really does have a friend amongst the inmates. In most cases, other inmates REALLY dislike child/baby killers.
JMO but, her safety from the other inmates may be the real reason she is confined to a "suicide" cell.

Simon would’ve celebrated his second Christmas this year. This holiday season, both his family and other people that cared about him made a surprise donation of about 700 toys to the Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire, both to honor Quinton, and spread some joy in his name.

Billy Sorochak, the Executive Director at Savannah’s Ronald McDonald House, says that a donation of that size will go a long way this Christmas season. He says that they serve around 300 families every year, and that for families that are staying at the house over holidays, donations, in many cases, are what allow them to have a traditional Christmas.
Parents will be able to pick out which toys they want to give to their children, and if they won’t be able to wrap them themselves, there will be volunteers here one day to help with that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back