Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus there was stuff to do with dental work, I can't recall what exactly
An autopsy on The Isdal woman found she had "unique gold-filling dental work".
If there was a link between this woman and RC could IK have been aware of it. She was back in Europe at this time as well. Could it be that she had information on this that RC didn't want her to tell? Also the Isdal woman had in her possession Norwegian kroner, Belgian, British and Swiss coins. Interesting.

An autopsy on The Isdal woman found she had "unique gold-filling dental work".
If there was a link between this woman and RC could IK have been aware of it. She was back in Europe at this time as well. Could it be that she had information on this that RC didn't want her to tell? Also the Isdal woman had in her possession Norwegian kroner, Belgian, British and Swiss coins. Interesting.
Sorry, I meant RB not RC. Not sure how to edit yet.

I am having a mind blank- what’s the connection with Dutch dental work again? I checked back through this thread and couldn’t find it

On one of her last communications - a post card from the UK, Marion stated she had befriended a woman called 'Maz' and a Dutch dentist. There's been speculation about what that could mean and if there is any possibility someone posing as a dentist could end someone's life.

Looking at missing woman in Belgium:

Missing 39km from Tournai/Doornik since the year 2000: Myriam BROHEE
On this website, there are 3 other women missing between 2007-2012 that are of "suitable age", that may have had property, antiques, etc. Unfortunately, I am unable to Google translate their circumstances.

Looking at missing woman in Belgium:

Missing 39km from Tournai/Doornik since the year 2000: Myriam BROHEE

They look like they have someone in mind but it would be nice to track down the family and check if it is RB or not

The disappearance of Myriam Brohée remains a mystery. Aged 42 at the time, divorced, she lived with her two daughters, aged 13 and 17. That day, the two teenage girls had left their mother in front of the television and had gone to bed. Myriam Brohée then disappeared without leaving a trace. The investigation had notably led to a man who had frequented the victim and who, charged, has always claimed his innocence.

The victim's family recently requested that elements of the investigation, certain exhibits, be re-analyzed with modern investigative tools. "The thesis that the body could be under a concrete slab of a home under construction at the time is only based on the fact that the disappearance was, said Christian Henry, public prosecutor of Mons. The construction site had been excavated in 2003.

"The prosecution defended a position which was to dismiss the case, at the hearing of the Council Chamber last Friday, considering that it did not have sufficient charge in this file. The victim's children's counsel pleaded for additional investigative duties to be carried out on samples taken a few years ago with new scientific tools. The Council Chamber decided not to exclude this possibility. It is now important to know if there is a real scientific possibility of knowing if there is a body under the home. If this is the case, we will carry out the analyzes. We still have to discuss with the General Prosecutor's Office in this direction "

Just reviewing information on IK, on her NAA file, it states that she arrived in Australia on the 22 May 1969, on flight QF172. This was a charter flight which "are typically operated for specific unscheduled itineraries". Do we know who, what or why this was a charter flight? Immigrants maybe? Names of other passengers?

I
Just reviewing information on IK, on her NAA file, it states that she arrived in Australia on the 22 May 1969, on flight QF172. This was a charter flight which "are typically operated for specific unscheduled itineraries". Do we know who, what or why this was a charter flight? Immigrants maybe? Names of other passengers?
I believe she came on some type of humanitarian visa, so it was probably a charter flight for refugees. I could be wrong though.

Can anyone remember them in one of the latest TLV podcast episodes saying they had done an interview with Monique C (about the time of the hearing that the letter from mr AKA came out) but saying they couldn’t publish it at the time? Or am I going crazy haha

I

I believe she came on some type of humanitarian visa, so it was probably a charter flight for refugees. I could be wrong though.
I can only find that the last "wave" of Hungarian refugees to Australia was in the 1950's with their fare paid by the Australian tax payer. In the '60's, IK was living in Belgium and there wasn't any mass migration of Belgians to Australia either. Very curious about the charter flight still.

Can anyone remember them in one of the latest TLV podcast episodes saying they had done an interview with Monique C (about the time of the hearing that the letter from mr AKA came out) but saying they couldn’t publish it at the time? Or am I going crazy haha
Yes this was said. Sally also hasn't heard the episode but has stated she'd like it to be published.

I can only find that the last "wave" of Hungarian refugees to Australia was in the 1950's with their fare paid by the Australian tax payer. In the '60's, IK was living in Belgium and there wasn't any mass migration of Belgians to Australia either. Very curious about the charter flight still.
So a Charter Flight and an ASIO investigation. This is really intriguing. It's definitey not "normal" IYKWIM.

They look like they have someone in mind but it would be nice to track down the family and check if it is RB or not
Looks like it's not RB Unless it's another of his names.

Translated part

SAINT-GHISLAIN Undoubtedly something new in the disappearance of Myriam Brohée. This 42-year-old lady, mother of a family, left her home on the Chaussée de Tournai in Tertre on the evening of October 18, 2000. She has never been seen since. This Friday, a twist, with the arrest of an ex-lover of the disappeared: Muntu Ngandu Kalala Mwanana, 50, is placed under an arrest warrant for murder by the examining magistrate, Mrs. Laloux, in Mons !

Aarrggghhh….. just listened AGAIN to DDeH's testimony on Days 5 & 6 of the CC, and apart from the frustrating and constant nervous cough throughout, there are so many inconsistencies! Sees no evil, hears no evil and speaks no evil! Never listened to the podcast?? Never read the brief of evidence? Never thought changing your name so often might be a clue to something else going on? Never asked questions after the police interviews? Never questioned what your husband did overseas? Never asked where the money came from to pay for the regular solo trips overseas? But this one really got me - NEVER heard of the name "Freddy David"! The photo in Le Luxembourg newspaper of the owners of the furniture store named the man standing next to DDeH as Mr F. David! Wouldn’t you be going out and buying every copy of this edition with the store's positive exposure and a photo of you and your spouse included? (p.s. I got all my ironing done.) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288