OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just IMO, but I think Billy and his co-conspirators might have been laundering drug money through FW's 501(c)3 charities. The Lucasville Mission and the Crystal Springs home for disabled adults.

In George's Discovery were analyzed cash deposit into the accounts. @Cool Cats do you have the Discovery I am referring to? TIA!

JMO

I think so too but remember, honest Abe.. errr Jake said the monies were buried, lol, It left me wondering why ole Billy didn't ever go dig it up and just pay cash for a home out West.:rolleyes: LIARS!

Hate to leave in the middle of good discussion but morning comes wayyy too early.

I think so too but remember, honest Abe.. errr Jake said the monies were buried, lol, It left me wondering why ole Billy didn't ever go dig it up and just pay cash for a home out West.:rolleyes: LIARS!

Hate to leave in the middle of good discussion but morning comes wayyy too early.
I really want to hear about prepper Billy. Where was he burying things and if he did bury money where could it have been? FWF somewhere? Did Chris Sr really have $20,000 of Billy's money and why?

I’m lying here awake & the same thought keeps going around in my mind:
These [derogatory term] murdered 8 people because THEY thought the held the moral high ground? This den of thieves & liars & con artists really thought that THEY could raise Sophia better than the Rhodens? Do they not see the absurdity of that belief? THEY KILLED 8 PEOPLE. But the Rhodens are the bad guys- Ack!
***rant ends
Quick question: since the DP was taken off the table, does that mean there won’t be an automatic appeal? Because I’m pretty sure the Rhodens, Gilleys & Manleys wouldn’t be upset if they never had to sit in the same room with the Wagners again.
Another quick question: will the folks who are caring for George IV & Jake’s children be forced to visit dear old dad in prison? Gosh I hope not.

Just IMO, but I think Billy and his co-conspirators might have been laundering drug money through FW's 501(c)3 charities. The Lucasville Mission Church and the Crystal Springs home for disabled adults.

In George's Discovery were analyzed cash deposit into the accounts. @Cool Cats do you have the Discovery I am referring to? TIA!

JMO
I remember that. There were quite a few things that showed up in discovery that didn’t directly apply to George but looked like illegal activity. Is it possible this evidence will be used in Billy’s trial? Billy has more links to FWF.

Feelings of relief and respect for the rule of law are abundant in and around Waverly, Ohio, given what was at stake in George Wagner IV's murder trial, a trial that put Waverly and other communities under the microscope.

Before Wagner was found guilty on the first of 22 criminal charges he faced, trial-watchers like Chip Walder waited anxiously.

[…]
For now, Billy remains locked up without bond at the Butler County Jail in the city of Hamilton, some two hours west of Pike County.

Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones says they’ve had no issues with Billy since he arrived more than four years ago following his November 2018 indictment and arrest.

When Billy does go on trial, it’s expected he will be moved to the Scioto County Jail, as his eldest son was from the Montgomery County Jail, due to its closer proximity to the Pike County Courthouse in Waverly.

George Wagner IV remains at the Scioto County Jail as of Friday morning as he awaits sentencing.
[…]
His father, meanwhile, is not in solitary confinement, on suicide watch, or under other special restrictions in light of his son’s trial or conviction, according to Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones.

Billy Wagner is permitted to watch television like all the other inmates since he arrived at the jail, including during the trial, so for all we know he could have kept up with daily news reports.

The sheriff said he didn’t know if Billy Wagner watched trial coverage because he hasn’t asked him about anything related to his criminal case.

Last edited:

[…]
“When he first came to the jail he had some issues,” Sheriff Jones tells FOX19 NOW.

“He requested to be isolated from the other prisoners. He never had much experience, I assume, of being in jail. Because of the notoriety of the case, he requested to be isolated in protective control.”

Any inmate can ask for this, the sheriff stressed.

”I’ve seen him in the jail in the four-year period he’s been here and I’ve had conversations with him briefly. I had a conversation with him two, three weeks ago in his cell block and he was talking with other prisoners.

“I asked him ‘what’s going on?’ and replied with ‘not much’ and I laughed at his answer. He seemed fine. Then I stopped the conversation and went to another cell block.

”He is no different than any other prisoner we have in our jail with charges of murder. We’ve had no issues with him at this point,” said the sheriff, who began his law enforcement career as a correction officer nearly 50 years ago.

“I’ve been around these types of prisoners for years and he’s right where he needs to be right now, incarcerated.“

And,” Jones adds, “he should get used to it. He’s not been to trial yet but in all likelihood, he’ll never see the daylight of day. If he ever gets out of prison, his parole officer hasn’t even been born yet.”

From the link above:

Retiring judges, as Deering will soon be, are appointed by the Ohio Supreme Court’s chief justice to oversee criminal trials when the sitting judge is unable to preside.

Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice-Elect Sharon Kennedy will become the second woman to serve as chief justice on Jan. 1, 2023.

Kennedy, a former Hamilton police officer in Butler County, is expected to appoint a visiting judge for Billy’s trial once a date is set sooner rather than later.

Yes, you read that right - Ohio's new Supreme Court Chief Justice is a former police officer. Not sure what that means. Things can be tricky here. Let's cross our fingers that the new justice finds a good visiting judge in southern Ohio to preside over Billy's trial next year.

Given that Judge Deering retires in early February 2023, it may take some time before another judge is appointed and becomes familiar with Billy's case.

JMO, some of the judges elected in this region are short on real experience, as we saw with the bizarre appeals court decision handed down then overruled in the middle of GW4's trial.

Last edited:
From the link above:

Yes, you read that right - Ohio's new Supreme Court Chief Justice is a former police officer. Not sure what that means. Things can be tricky here. Let's cross our fingers that the new justice finds a good visiting judge in southern Ohio to preside over Billy's trial next year.

Given that Judge Deering retires in early February 2023, it may take some time before another judge is appointed and becomes familiar with Billy's case.

JMO, some of the judges elected in this region are short on real experience, as we saw with the bizarre appeals court decision handed down then overruled in the middle of GW4's trial.
It could be Deering, since he's familiar with the case.

Update on docket for GW4:

11/30/2022 VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT ONE WITH SPECIFICATIONS
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT TWO WITH SPECIFICATIONS
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT THREE WITH SPECIFICATIONS
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT FOUR WITH SPECIFICATIONS
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT FIVE WITH SPECIFICATIONS
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT SIX WITH SPECIFICATIONS
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT SEVEN WITH SPECIFICATIONS
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT EIGHT WITH SPECIFICATIONS
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT NINE
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT TEN WITH SPECIFICATIONS
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT ELEVEN WITH SPECIFICATIONS
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT TWELVE WITH SPECIFICATIONS
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT THIRTEEN WITH SPECIFICATIONS
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT FOURTEEN WITH SPECIFICATIONS
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT FIFTEEN
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT SIXTEEN
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT SEVENTEEN
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT EIGHTEEN
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT NINETEEN
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT TWENTY
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT TWENTY-ONE WITH ADDITIONAL FINDINGS
VERDICT OF GUILTY AS TO COUNT TWENTY-TWO WITH SPECIFICATIONS

12/01/2022 JUDGE'S NOTICE TO PROSPECTIVE WITNESS OF RIGHT TO OBJECT TO BEING FILMED, VIDEOTAPED, RECORDED OR PHOTOGRAPHED -- ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF PROSPECTIVE WITNESSES FILED

12/01/2022 JOURNAL ENTRY -- ORDER TO HOLD UNUSED VERDICT FORMS UNDER SEAL

link: https://cpcourt.pikecounty.oh.gov/eservices/searchresults.page?

11/01/2022ENTRY GRANTING REINSTATEMENT OF EDWARD JACOB WAGNER'S PRIVILEGES FILED AND MAILED COPIES CDB

I was checking each of the W's docket just now and notice Jake had his privileges reinstated after he testified, but Angela has no such entry like this. The last entry for her was 10/13 and it was to do with appointed counsel fees and special prosecutor fees.. nothing since then. So she still has her privileges revoked?

RE: BW, FW & FWF
The strange deal in place with JW whereby BW is not exposed to the DP if JW testifies (accurately...?) at BW's trial leads to the potential for some interesting horse trading (figuratively of course) in the near term...
The only consequential reason for BW not to plead guilty, at least as we know things now, would involve his belief that somehow a judge would sentence him to something less than LWOP. If Deering, even retired but recalled for that trial, were to be that judge: Uphill, all the way. BW has to recognize now that both prosecutors and jury would be heavily pressured by the results of GWIV's trial to achieve anything less than 21 counts of guilty...So what else would influence a decision to insist on his months in court?

In BW's case: Could be pure vindictiveness, take a few $mill out of the public coffers. Discounting that for just a moment, where lies any additional leverage that could be applied by LE to encourage BW to plead out? One interesting twist: a prosecutor could indicate that there would be no need to call JW as a witness, and that puts the DP back on the table: maybe? What else?

Well.....there is still an indictment against FW. There are considerable assets in the hands of FW. There could still very well be a civil suit upcoming against FW; and the consequence of judgment for the plaintiff would involve the liquidation of FWF and a whole list of other assets. The case for the plaintiff would be considerably facilitated if the criminal charges against FW associated with the conspiracy were reinstated and headed to trial....Even the first round of discovery could be disastrous in trying to defend against a civil suit, as it would put a whole lot of evidence in the public record as well as list or indicate the existence of extensively more potential items of evidence or avenues of investigation. And thus repesent gold to any future plaintiff in a civil proceeding....

But what a thing to lay on the victim's families: A hypothetical offer from the Prosecution to BW NOT to take FW to criminal court for any activities (associated with the murders? or...?) should BW plead guilty and accept LWOP.
If I were a member of LE at that point: I would make sure that an evidence file got to the hands of one of those who might be interested in taking FW to civil court for wrongful death.

All that could be the output of a twisted mind....and of course is JMO.

I wonder if Parker and Nash had ever worked together before? Who was the one deciding on the approach the defense took?
I think they did the best job, they could have, with what they had to work with.
I did not care for their style, but it might have been the only things they could do.
Would be interesting to hear them, explain how they approach a case like this. Also, if they clashed over the direction they took.
Not to hear if they thought the jury got it wrong. More from this is why we did this or that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23