ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, the autopsies were performed by the Spokane County medical examiner.

Part of the responsibilities of the Spokane County medical examiner are to .... "Perform investigations at the scene of death".

It seems possible/probable that the medical examiner attended the scene before the victims were removed. According to google, Spokane County is less than a 2 hour drive from Latah County where the murders occurred.

"The Spokane County Medical Examiner’s Office completed the autopsies ...."
Four UI students stabbed to death, Latah County coroner rules

Spokane County Medical Examiner
thanks, any idea why it took until Wednesday to perform autopsies or whether this was because forensic paths had already attended the scene of crime at Coroner's behest, for example, later on the Monday?

One of the best posts i read here about this case and profile of the perpetrator, field that really interests me. I remember your previous post (abbreviation SA sticked to my mind), but this is even more logical and detailed explanation. I am impressed.

I wish to make a mark sonehow, so I can read your posts, whenever you write, but I am not familiar with this site. Can someone help?

Welcome! This was so well thought out. I am on the same page (with profiling and with this being, if not a serial killer, at least a highly unusual, probably sexually motivated mass killer - 4 people dead in one locale constitutes mass killing for the FBI).

If this is an actual serial/mass killer mash-up, then it's an unusual case, but the basic methods of investigation are the same.

To follow someone, click their user name and then "follow."

so everybody over 18 can own a gun without a permit in Idaho? even if they're a student massacre type guy? or a former jailbird? or mentally ill?
I went back and added a link for the pertinent laws in Idaho. Additionally, Federal law prohibits felons, most diagnosed mentally ill, domestic violence offenders, and others from owning a firearm.

I have not heard LE mention when they believe the killer left the house. If the bodies were not discovered until around 12pm the next day then theoretically the killer could have lingered for 8 hours after the killings. Also, people today can quickly flee on electric fold-up scooters and skateboards and those weird electric one wheeled things. I see kids flying around in that stuff.

IMO, the thought calculation, preparation, sheer constitution and physical strength it actually takes to brutally murder someone with a knife,

I recommend to check the history of crime. There is a lot of knife murders committed by people who were totally unprepared, not particularly strong and commited them on impulse.

<modsnip: Referenced info was modsnipped>

all while potentially fighting off the victim from defending themselves and keeping them quiet — Not once, but four different times is a different level of brutality.

The victims were asleep when they were attacked and at least two of them were under an influence of the alcohol. You can easily kill someone with just one stab in the chest area - heart, thoracic aorta, abdominal aorta, take your pick. It's even easier to incapacitate someone with one stab - windpipe, lung, one of the smaller arteries and the victim is practically unable to fight, or to scream. Yes, according to the coroner the victims had defensive wounds, but if does not mean they were actively fighting. It was enoough to wave their arms incoherently to acquire some defensive wounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, any idea why it took until Wednesday to perform autopsies or whether this was because forensic paths had already attended the scene of crime at Coroner's behest, for example, later on the Monday?

Perhaps the medical examiner wanted to have all four of the autopsies complete before advising the Coroner of the results? And then the Coroner needed to advise the families and give them a day to digest the info, prior to releasing the info to the public?

I have just finished a book called Unnatural Causes by top UK forensic pathologist, Richard Shepherd, who has completed thousands of autopsies. An autopsy is very involved (even if the cause and manner of death seem apparent) as they must investigate whether or not any prior conditions affected the deaths, and they must detail the effect on the body of every single wound.

"He was always playing with it when he was in the room," Ragucci says now. "It had a leather sheath, and he would take the sheath on and off, on and off. All the time, even when you were having a conversation." ...
Who knows if the Idaho coward has a similar fascination with knives
Wow, I think that possibility is worth pursuing-

Somebody for whom a Ka Bar knife is not just a camping tool, or even a little used conversation piece. Rather the person views the knife as a personal totem and perhaps say, some sort of phallic symbol all rolled into one.

Like Hodne, I imagine that such a person would want to display the "totem"- after all, the whole purpose of the totem is to inform others about various things.

Maybe.....

- Ask area shooting range employees if somebody has ever shown up not only to shoot, but also with a Ka Bar knife obviously "on display". Bonus points if the person was also firing power type (in his mind) weapons such as .45, .357 magnums, .44.

- Ask local hardware store owners if they ever say somebody openly carrying a Ka bar knife that, in even vague and fuzzy ways, did not seem to match the rest of their appearance. Carrier did not seem to be a rancher, wilderness hiker, hunter etc.

- Ask at the knife / axe throwing venue if anybody has shown up there with a Ka Bar on display. Maybe was unsheathing it, liked starting conversations about it, attempting to throw it instead of the knives designed for that purpose etc.

-

Not trying to be facetious or flip in any way, but I seriously wish the "Criminal Minds" team was real and on this case. (Not because in tee vee land things are solved in an hour. ) But just to get it solved so as to possibly even slightly ease the agony of the families. And end the terror in the community. I pray that the real BAU in the real FBI is making progress.

Last edited:
It seems today's memorial is no longer available on the Real Life Ministries page/link. Has anyone found a replay or video that can still be watched? It cut out for me as Jake was speaking about Maddie. Thanks!
I know Fox was playing some of it live, don’t know if they have any on their web site. Just a thought.

The autopsies were petformed on Wednesday, Nov 16th if my memory does not fail me. The first results of autopsies were reported by the coroner on Thursday 17th and ii was reported time of death after 2 am. Couple of days later the time of death was reported as between 3 and 4 am.

If you can kindly provide a link to report about time of death before Wednesday, then we can discuss.

I got a link to the first coroner report here

According to this LE release, the autopsies were completed on 11/17/2022:
https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/DocumentCenter/View/24741/11-19-2022-Moscow-Homicide-Update

More info in these Tweets by Amanda Roley, KREM reporter:EB10E162-5CD1-408B-BCBE-260070489467.jpeg

Not trying to be facetious or flip in any way, but I seriously wish the "Criminal Minds" team was real and on this case. (Not because in tee vee land things are solved in an hour. ) But just to get it solved so as to possibly even slightly ease the agony of the families. And end the terror in the community. I pray that the BAU in the real FBI is making progress.
Nothing less than heartbreaking. He was probably way more consumed by his loss than he was worried about any internet rumors about his involvement. Poor guy. JMO.

So you're saying that all mass killings (which this is) turn into serial killings? I disagree and think there are counter-examples. U.S. defines mass killing as four or more:

People do workplace violence all the time without ever targeting anyone else. People kill houses containing their own families without ever killing anyone else (they do not become serial killers).

You can question LE if you wish, but I don't think they're waffling, I think they know something we don't.

So, I disagree that it's "obvious" that this is a serial killer. It's more than likely someone who knew the house and its characteristics or knew one or more individuals inside the house.
My understanding is this was the work of a mass murderer & will remain such unless/until previous or subsequent murders are connected.

My inclination may different than others, but the definition of a serial killer has not been met, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam