Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jail Records Search Detail
Skip to Main Content Logout My Account Search Menu New Jail Search Refine Search Back
Booking #: 108403Wise County Sheriff's Office
Facility:Booked: 12/03/2022Released:
NameHORNER, TANNER LYNNDescWhite Male 6' 3" 220 lbs
AliasHairBrown
SO #0220283EyesBlue
AddressFT WORTH, TX 76135
Front View Mugshot
Right Profile Mugshot
Warrant #ChargeIssuing AuthOffense DateBond/TypeFine/Crt CostsDisposition
DC736AGG KIDNAPPING FACILITATE271ST JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT
Surety Bond
DC735CAPITAL MURDER OF PERSON UNDER TEN YOA271ST JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT
Surety BondScreenshot_20221203-053111.png

Lake Worth, where he is from, is a small area. We actually own a lakehouse on Lake Worth. I just googled his address and am stunned by his close proximity to our property. The area he is from consists of older homes and not any of the new tear down/rebuilds going on nearer to the lake. I’ll be curious to see the distance between where her body was located and his residence.

Last edited:
According to this, it's a crime of opportunity.
I see he is FedEx, so his territory would likely be larger than an Amazon driver. His twitter posts mention Denton and he lives in Lake Worth so his territory is very large.

Usually in rural areas they do not pull into the driveway, they leave packages at the main road. Did she walk up the long driveway to the main road and they interacted there?
If so, no one would have even known about the delivery until later when they saw there was a package.
Why did the Amber Alert not go out Wed evening? She went missing around 5:30PM and it dropped into the 20’sF overnight.
Also, the Amber Alert said Paradise, Texas, but she went missing from a rural area west of Cottondale. People would have been looking in the city of Paradise. While Paradise may have been her mailing address, the city is 8-10 miles NE of the area where she went missing.

The Amber Alert should have gone out Wed evening and said rural area west of Cottondale
In hindsight it may have not made a difference, but in a rural area I bet someone would have realized a delivery truck had come by Wed afternoon in the area west of Cottondale!
JMO

Last edited:
I see he is FedEx, so his territory would likely be larger than an Amazon driver. His twitter posts mention Denton and he lives in Lake Worth so his territory is very large.

Usually in rural areas they do not pull into the driveway, they leave packages at the main road. Did she walk up the long driveway to the main road and they interacted there?
If so, no one would have even known about the delivery until later when they saw there was a package.
Why did the Amber Alert not go out Wed evening? She went missing around 5:30PM and it dropped into the 20’sF overnight.
Also, the Amber Alert said Paradise, Texas, but she went missing from a rural area west of Cottondale. People would have been looking in the city of Paradise. While Paradise may have been her mailing address, the city is 8-10 miles NE of the area where she went missing.
The Amber Alert should have gone out Wed evening and said rural area west of Cottondale

In hindsight it may have not made a difference, but in a rural area I bet someone would have realized a delivery truck had come by Wed afternoon in the area west of Cottondale!
JMO
I understand your point of semantics and details relating to the location. It is similar to what the police said..he’s from Lake Worth, but his address posted above says Fort Worth. Two technically different places but also neighboring. But for those not familiar with this area, Lake Worth is really small.

Sharing a few views,

Credit to the stepmother for her honesty with the police, but as the mother of a 7yo girl, I would never be able to forgive myself for the argument and I am 100% sure my family would have me on mental health watch and care right now.
Similarly so for any biological parent in same circumstances. My heart aches in my chest even imagining this.

Texas will be swift here. This case will be resolved in full in a couple of years. Thinking to myself today that here in New Jersey, Jesse Timmendequas remains in jail 25 years since he killed Megan Kanka (the case that inspired Megan’s Law, she was also 7yo) and he remains in jail and likely will for decades more, content and secure, all taxpayer-funded. While I don’t believe in the death penalty as a deterrent to evil people (the data doesn’t bear that out), I love Texas in part because of their views on decisive justice.

FedEx IMO is acutely aware of the optics here even as this guy probably passed a background check with a subcontractor. Anticipating that they will quietly settle this out of court for low eight figures with NDAs.

Her body was found southeast of Boyd. A large police presence was seen at a stretch of County Road 4599 Friday evening, one of three locations Horner had sent police to before Athena was found.

Why does it say southeast of Boyd? It should be west of Boyd.

CR 4599 is between Cottondale and Boyd. Cottondale is west of Boyd, Paradise is N of both.
All three make a equilateral triangle with Cottondale at the bottom left, Boyd bottom right and Paradise at the top.
If this is where she was found, it is 7-8 miles east from where she went missing.

Look on Google Maps, search CR 4599 Boyd, TX
All of the County Rds are marked on Google Maps

JMO
Justice for Athena!

Woke up hoping they still hadn’t found her and that there was a chance she was alive. I’m sad to hear that is not the case. Rest Easy, Athena. No one can hurt you now.

Was not expecting a Fed Ex driver but it is the holidays and more people than normal are on the roads. Stay vigilant out there parents. Never know when evil will knock on your door.

JMO
Maybe the policies are different in different communities. I have a half-mile driveway from the county road, and FedEx, UPS, USPS drive right up to my house and put packages on the steps.

<modsnip - Websleuths does not condone advocating or celebrating violence of any kind, against anybody>

The creepy thought is this guy could have delivered a package to my sister, niece, my parents, or to me!

JMO

It's scary to think these kinds of monsters are out there passing by in daily life, and we don't know who they are until they get caught doing something like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pedophiles. Adult men who get off on obliterating the innocence of children.
There's no greater evil, as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. Just want to add that it's not just men though. I know it's mostly men we hear about and statistically there are probably many more male pedophiles, though this is purely a guess and totally MOO, but there are cases out there and female pedophiles are just as real and just as abhorrent.
I know you know weren't implying it was just men, I just felt compelled to add :)

How stupid can this guy be? Contract driver or not FedEx must have an inventory log of packages that go out for delivery. The minute the package was retrieved would have put the driver on the suspect list. IMO
This sounds like the crime of opportunity. He likely saw the child alone and decided to do it without thinking of likelihood of being caught.

Why does it say southeast of Boyd? It should be west of Boyd.

CR 4599 is between Cottondale and Boyd. Cottondale is west of Boyd, Paradise is N of both.
All three make a equilateral triangle with Cottondale at the bottom left, Boyd bottom right and Paradise at the top.
If this is where she was found, it is 7-8 miles east from where she went missing.

Look on Google Maps, search CR 4599 Boyd, TX
All of the County Rds are marked on Google Maps

JMO
Justice for Athena!
At the press conference they said she was not found at the location near CR4599 but about 6 miles from there.

Agreed. Just want to add that it's not just men though. I know it's mostly men we hear about and statistically there are probably many more male pedophiles, though this is purely a guess and totally MOO, but there are cases out there and female pedophiles are just as real and just as abhorrent.
I know you know weren't implying it was just men, I just felt compelled to add :)
Has it been determined that Athena was r...d? I have seen no mention of it. To me imo it seems likely but I have not seen it confirmed. I hope and pray this poor girl and her family gets the justice they deserve. I am on the fence with dp and I would never want to make that decision on a jury. <modsnip> I hope he pleads guilty and the family members get their chance to face him in court. If he doesn't get dp he will def stay in jail for the rest of his life.

Who'd of thought a fed ex driver? Scarey times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw someone post this on Facebook and here I came. Been trying to catch up. I am so sad for Athena and all of her family especially with this happening so close to Christmas.

I can’t believe this sick individual killed this precious baby. I will be curious to hear of why they think she passed so soon after being abducted and how. Ugh..

Police said that the contract driver of a FedEx truck abducted Athena and that she likely died within an hour based on digital evidence and on a confession.

The driver was named as Tanner Lynn Horner, 31. He is being held at the Wise County Jail on charges of capital murder and aggravated kidnapping. His bond has been set at $1.5 million

10323922-51D2-47CF-B643-490E89AE5D74.jpeg

I understand your point of semantics and details relating to the location. It is similar to what the police said..he’s from Lake Worth, but his address posted above says Fort Worth. Two technically different places but also neighboring. But for those not familiar with this area, Lake Worth is really small.
The news report of where he is from doesnt matter so much
The Amber Alert giving the wrong location matters huge

The purpose of the cameras are to protect the driver, if he knew where they were present or where they were located he could have moved the vehicle so it would not catch his activity.

It is a rural rural area. His delivery time would have been similar, after she was home from school. He likely had seen her before- this was likely premeditated.

What was the length of the driveway?
Where did he leave the package?
In rural areas it is common to have a large mailbox near the road where deliveries are to be made. Unless it was a big package and he had to drive up the driveway? I would be curious to know the length of the driveway from the road, and where he parked his truck typically for deliveries.
In my opinion only,
Justice for Athena
In our area they deliver directly to the porch, we used to live in a very rural area and they always drive all the way to the home. We had a 1/4 mile long driveway.

Some of our neighbors had longer driveways with no turnaround and their packages were delivered on their porches too.

In our area they deliver directly to the porch, we used to live in a very rural area and they always drive all the way to the home. We had a 1/4 mile long driveway.

Some of our neighbors had longer driveways with no turnaround and their packages were delivered on their porches too.
That’s interesting, my driveway is about 50 yards and if it fits in my mailbox deliveries are not made to my porch.
Maybe FedEx is different from Amazon?
Maybe it was a large package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members