Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's important, again, to see what RA's 2017 statement actually contained. He told them nothing of his clothing that day, or that he was on the bridge itself, only that he walked to it. From other reports, he supposedly talked to the CO while the girls were still missing. All RA really confessed to in 2017 was parking and walking on the trails from 1:30 to 3:30 that afternoon. I'm not making excuses for anyone, because once LE knew more about vehicles and who all the witnesses had seen within that time frame, his statement should have been revisited.

Screenshot 2022-12-03 2.41.02 PM.png

Last edited:
I'm only going off of evidence that is available to us. He may be guilty as sin; I don't know. But based on the evidence currently available to us, I'm not seeing anything. They've said that the unspent round cycled through his gun. There's no mention of DNA evidence, his or either girls', being on it. Also, he admitted in 2017 to being there, not in response to being identified and questioned in 2022.

Again, he may be 100% guilty, and they may have him dead to rights, but I'm not seeing it based on the evidence we've been privy to, to date.
That is all we have to go off of, so I get it. However, that information has done it's job--proved enough to first search and then arrest him. It's not meant to be enough to prove his overall guilt. That obviously comes at the trial. If they didn't think they had enough, they wouldn't have filed charges.

No, it's not fair, especially when the FBI has stated that all procedures were followed.

My skepticism stems from the way in which this case has been handled from the start. I realize that the Sheriff can't go on record right now and say, "Wow, did we ever step in it on several occasions." That would be a defense attorney's dream. But they also can't keep proclaiming that they've got the doer and that the investigation is still very active. Either you've got your man or you don't. I just wish they would speak plainly for once! It's exasperating. I think this double speak has been gnawing at me for almost 6 years, and I've just had enough.

He's still resolute that it was a good idea to release both sketches. That was confounding by all reasonable measures!! But he won't admit it.

I feel like I gave LE the benefit of the doubt at every turn, absolutely certain that their peculiarities would make sense when an arrest was made. The arrest and resultant decisions and statements have only made me more distrustful that they have this and that they've done the job in a way that will secure a conviction.
I do not think this has been a botched investigation. Honestly, I understand why people are frustrated by it, but I love that they have played it close to the vest.

That is all we have to go off of, so I get it. However, that information has done it's job--proved enough to first search and then arrest him. It's not meant to be enough to prove his overall guilt. That obviously comes at the trial. If they didn't think they had enough, they wouldn't have filed charges.
This is it in a nutshell. The PCA only had to provide probable cause and it did imo. There's no way LE are going into this with that being their entire case on RA. There will be much more to come. And I say this as someone who has been critical of this LE at times.

It's important, again, to see what RA's 2017 statement actually contained. He told them nothing of his clothing that day, or that he was on the bridge itself, only that he walked to it. From other reports, he supposedly talked to the CO while the girls were still missing. All RA really confessed to in 2017 was parking and walking on the trails from 1:30 to 3:30 that afternoon. I'm not making excuses for anyone, because once LE knew more about vehicles and who all the witnesses had seen within that time frame, his statement should have been revisited.
I agree. Once the whole picture of the timeline was put together, it seems to all click into place. Richard Allen admits he was at the trail from 1:30pm-3:30pm. Witnesses who were at the trail between those times saw only one adult male. No witness saw Abby, Libby or anyone fitting the description of the adult male in Libby's photo/video AFTER the 2:13pm timestamp on the video, which is recording the male in the video telling the girls "guys...down the hill". If there is mention by one of the girls of a gun in the video as well, and now there is a bullet at the scene he supposedly has never been to, possibly ejected from his gun that no one has ever borrowed?

But I know there will be more evidence. Probable cause isn't their whole case.

View attachment 384872
He said he was there between 1:30-3:30 but everyone who allegedly saw him saw him well before 2:13 which is when the girls recorded being told, “down the hill”.
No one reported seeing him after 2:13 except the woman who saw a man meeting his description on 300 North at 3:57, muddy and bloody, walking towards where his car was parked.

I agree. Once the whole picture of the timeline was put together, it seems to all click into place. Richard Allen admits he was at the trail from 1:30pm-3:30pm. Witnesses who were at the trail between those times saw only one adult male. No witness saw Abby, Libby or anyone fitting the description of the adult male in Libby's photo/video AFTER the 2:13pm timestamp on the video, which is recording the male in the video telling the girls "guys...down the hill". If there is mention by one of the girls of a gun in the video as well, and now there is a bullet at the scene he supposedly has never been to, possibly ejected from his gun that no one has ever borrowed?

But I know there will be more evidence. Probable cause isn't their whole case.
We know per the PCA that these witnesses only saw one adult male, and/or a car backed in at the CPS lot. But these are only the things the prosecution decided to include in the PCA. These same witnesses could have also seen other things that day that are not listed in the PCA. It's what isn't in the PCA that might tell LE that more than one person is involved and why they wanted it sealed. If that other person reads the PCA and knows what the witnesses saw, that person might now figure the witnesses likely saw something linking to him, as well. Think something like another vehicle...

*Note: This other vehicle is old news. It's been around on GH's vids awhile, but he posted it again after the new vehicle info was discovered in the PCA, because the new info matched what this person told him a couple years ago.

Last edited:
He said he was there between 1:30-3:30 but everyone who allegedly saw him saw him well before 2:13 which is when the girls recorded being told, “down the hill”.
No one reported seeing him after 2:13 except the woman who saw a man meeting his description on 300 North at 3:57, muddy and bloody, walking towards where his car was parked.
Right, which if RA's statement had been reviewed after a timeline had been established, they would have likely found the discrepancy and interviewed him again way back in 2017 (or whenever they completed the timeline). JMO.

Last edited:
Right, which if RA's statement had been reviewed after a timeline had been established, they would have likely found the discrepancy and interviewed him again way back in 2017. JMO.
No follow-up interview for almost 6 years was a huge mistake that will be discussed by LE people and crime followers for many years to come, whether he’s convicted or not. An opportunity to gather more evidence from him was forever lost, there’s no doubt about that.

I am very disappointed that Court TV had him on and I do not understand why they did. In my opinion it is damaging to the credibility of the channel. They should have commentators on who stick to the facts of cases and have experience in law enforcement or have a legal career working as a Prosecutor or defence attorney. They should not have people on air who make sensationalist, speculative statements and have a lack of consideration for the feelings of the loved ones of victims. Abby and Libby’s families are suffering enough distress and stress without him adding to it. I suspect his motivation for making these claims and threatening to release crime scene photos is making a name for himself and selling his book, rather than ensuring the alleged perpetrator who murdered the girls is held accountable in court for what he has allegedly done.

I doubt he actually has crime scene photos but no crime scene photos should ever be published publicly. The only people who should ever see them are the people sitting in a court room at trial. It would be morally reprehensible and disgusting for anyone to make crime scene photos available for any person to see worldwide. I hope anyone who lacked human decency and compassion and did publish them would face legal consequences for obtaining them and providing to the public, have lawsuits filed against them from the victims loved ones and they would face tremendous public criticism for what they have done.
I've watched a little but I can state that I am not a Court TV watcher really. Why? MOO but it's all about sensationalism and lots and lots of speculation on the little I've seen. So this is right up their alley. Why the disappointment?

No weathering. Brass is very reactive, oxydozies in the elements, bullet discovered on top of leaves.
Thanks for clarifying that; I was wondering how else the casing could have arrived at that spot (I'm not sure when it was discovered). I was wondering if it had landed somewhere else and the elements (or an animal) shifted it to the spot where it was found - but if it was found immediately that doesn't work.

For whatever reason RA was overlooked in 2017 after his contact with the CO outside the local grocery store. It's unconscionable, and beyond a shame, but it is what it is, nothing can change it now. My heart breaks for these families the most. I do hope and think we will eventually find out what actually happened and how they came back to focus on RA again.

RA is BG, no doubt in my mind. He all but confessed when LE came knocking on his door again in Oct 2022. He painted himself into a tiny little box, kind of like the 6 x 8 one I hope he spends the rest of days living in. I believe he intentionally went to bridge to meet the girl(s) and to murder them in some sick, fantastical way. I think he's a long time purveyor of CSAM and I shudder to think of what else he might have done in his past that no one knows about.

His 'innocent little Ricky' schtick makes me sick and I don't think it's a coincidence that there are pics of him with the BG poster right behind him, he probably enjoyed that. He thinks he's the smartest man in the room I bet, and he had 5 1/2 years of freedom to reinforce this in his mind.

Grrrrrrr, it's all so horrific and unimaginable, those poor sweet girls had no idea. :(

#Justice4Abby&Libby
MOO

I didn't watch the Court TV segment in question. Did he indicate that the "whistleblower" who provided him the photos was a person within LE who sold him the photos or is that speculation based on "who else would have them?"

Because many people who followed this case from the beginning already knew or strongly suspected that there were photos out there of at least one of the girls' clothing in the creek, and not from an LE source. I'll just say that it is my opinion that there were MSM photographer(s) on scene documenting the February 14th search who, in the first several hours after the girls were found, may have said and/or published a little too much before being asked to revise their online information.

So I have no trouble believing that photos like this were out there, possibly the author of the book didn't even need to pay anybody for them, but the fact that the author obtained these definitely doesn't have to mean that anyone in LE did anything improper.

Edit to make sure my point is understood: of course I agree that the "author" is well in the wrong for how he's attempting to make money off of this.
I remember that. And the pictures. JMO

If he brutally killed those beautiful two young girls (one who resembles his own child) in a public park in broad daylight, took off their clothes, arranged the scene, then called authorities to tell them he was there, he’s worse than a freak.
The older I get the more I am convinced that evil exists as a spiritual force and is active in this world.

I do not think this has been a botched investigation. Honestly, I understand why people are frustrated by it, but I love that they have played it close to the vest.

I’m more into thinking they had nothing which was why all was quiet. They didn’t play close to the vest, they didn’t have anything till Oct 22. It’s unfortunate that the girls family had to spend so long waiting for an arrest. Human error collectively from many departments delayed this arrest. Hopefully lessons were learned. Moo

Now that the PCA has come out (and obviously they probably have more than what's in there), but I am still personally confused on the new/second sketch put out in April 2019 and how that figured into all of this, especially since they didn't seem to be on RA's track at all until just this past Oct. And IMO the second sketch doesn't resemble him at all.

Sorry if this has been covered - I've tried to read every post since the PCA came out but hard to keep up completely. Is this just another witness's remembering of what RA looked like on the trail that day? Because none of the witnesses in the PCA mentioned seeing two men, correct? I'm still really lost on why this new sketch came out two years after the murders and who it was of.

Now that the PCA has come out (and obviously they probably have more than what's in there), but I am still personally confused on the new/second sketch put out in April 2019 and how that figured into all of this, especially since they didn't seem to be on RA's track at all until just this past Oct. And IMO the second sketch doesn't resemble him at all.

Sorry if this has been covered - I've tried to read every post since the PCA came out but hard to keep up completely. Is this just another witness's remembering of what RA looked like on the trail that day? Because none of the witnesses in the PCA mentioned seeing two men, correct? I'm still really lost on why this new sketch came out two years after the murders and who it was of.

RBBM. That’s my interpretation. We have rumors that witnesses near Freedom Bridge saw this man who they believed was BG. To my knowledge the only unidentified person who came in that direction and was dressed like BG is Richard Allen.

As to the second sketch, I assume that will come out at trial. I don’t think it resembles RA but others do so I accept that it may actually be him and my perspective is just different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288