ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
SG is on Fox News this morning. He said the entry point was the second floor and I think he said window and may have corrected in the door. He made clear that he didn’t go downstairs and that he didn’t need to go upstairs but he chose to go upstairs. As in he went upstairs because his target(s) were upstairs.

When the interview is posted feel free to correct the first part on the entry. He is very calm and much more reserved on the sharing of info and not wanting to damage LE’s case.
Yes…..that is exactly how I interpreted SG’s comments.

I agree it seems that way, I’m not sure that is actually what is happening here.

If Kaylee’s parents think their right to share info about an ongoing investigation with the public when there were FOUR kids murdered. That means they think their right to know is more important than the rights of Kaylee, Ethan, Xana, and Maddee to get justice for themselves and their families.
Hmmm, if that is the case they aren’t the people I thought they were, and there is a problem brewing!
So, I don’t think that is his motivation. Now then what would be the motivation for them to twice now share information that LE has not released to the public?

It could be that they are working with LE.

JMO
IMO the father needs the info on the intended target so he can continue with his own investigation. His goal is to find the perp in case LE couldn't.

As I recall, the police arrested Mollie Tibbett's murderer once her father got on a plane home. SG may not realize he is creating issues for LE with his behavior. Not condemning him-no idea how a person is supposed to handle their child's murder and the grief must be overwhelming. Just pointing out that LE is faced with very complex issues - who did it, why, legal collection of evidence, coordination with prosecution to ensure the evidence will stick, while also communicating with the public and families. At the end of the day, the #1 job of LE is to get the killer arrested so the Prosecutor can convince a jury. The LE on this case appears to be doing a great job on a multiple murder case. Likely an arrest within the week, based on last night's home visits. All of this just MOO.
It is the responsibility of LE to establish adequate communications with the families. This is their job and they are clearly remiss.
we know they have communications issues from the targeted to non targeted within 12 hours.
They need to sort this IF it's indeed an issue for them.
Or not. Them entering the premises last night is not indicative of an arrest within days.

Which of the two 3rd floor bedrooms was occupied at the time of the attack? K's or M's? Was the bedroom door locked? Did the killer try to enter the second bedroom on the 3rd floor?

SG is on Fox News this morning. He said the entry point was the second floor and I think he said window and may have corrected in the door. He made clear that he didn’t go downstairs and that he didn’t need to go upstairs but he chose to go upstairs. As in he went upstairs because his target(s) were upstairs.

When the interview is posted feel free to correct the first part on the entry. He is very calm and much more reserved on the sharing of info and not wanting to damage LE’s case.
That's how i heard it and i feel like it was Maddie that was the target just from past interviews the Gonçalves as a collective have done.

MOO….. LE may be gathering DNA from the 1st floor (as noted by Brian E last night) because they are defining various DNA results that have come back. Taking more defined/isolated DNA samples now. They are figuring out whose DNA is whose & if there’s DNA from someone outside the residence (very likely). They are putting the “persons” to the DNA.

Also, LE needs to have a lengthy & supprtive chat asap with SG.
IMHO

I agree it seems that way, I’m not sure that is actually what is happening here.

If Kaylee’s parents think their right to share info about an ongoing investigation with the public when there were FOUR kids murdered. That means they think their right to know is more important than the rights of Kaylee, Ethan, Xana, and Maddee to get justice for themselves and their families.
Hmmm, if that is the case they aren’t the people I thought they were, and there is a problem brewing!
So, I don’t think that is his motivation. Now then what would be the motivation for them to twice now share information that LE has not released to the public?

JMO
He specifically stated he was only speaking for 2 of the murdered children. I know they were past childhood but feels like that.

There are ways to get that info without involving the university or needing a warrant.

Go to the class, if they call roll then listen for the name Josh and watch who answers.
Ask students leaving if there is a Josh in class.
If they point to someone, ask if they can speak to him.

If Josh suddenly runs when he sees a uniformed officer- that speaks volumes.

If LE has a presence on campus it would not be odd. No one would assume this or that if they are talking to a lot oF students every day.
If LE has no presence on campus and one shows up to a class out of the blue, then it looks very bad.

Stalkers on Campus
I taught at the university level for over 20 years
I had a female student tell me a male student was coming to class and sitting in the back waiting for her and following her to her classes. He was not in my class. I asked a male student who was her friend to walk her to the security phone outside the building. He did. Both of us called PD. The guy was not a university student.
JMO

Since when do college classes call roll? (Speaking as someone who cut many a class in my day.)

Meanwhile, survivors DM and BF, who were asleep on the first floor of the home as the killings unfolded on the upper floors, broke their silence in heartbreaking statements, which were read aloud by a pastor at Real Life Ministries on Friday.

DM wrote touching tributes to her friends, saying that Kernodle and Chapin, who were a couple, were 'the two best friends but perfect pair together.'

'They had this unstoppable, loving relationship. They both would look at each other with so much love. Everyone knew they were the perfect duo,' she wrote.

'They both had this fun, passionate, crazy but good energy. They both were the kind of people who cared about everyone and would help anyone.'

She went on to describe Mogen and Goncalves as 'an inseparable duo' who were 'like second moms to me.'

In her own statement, BF said she wished she could give each of her roommates 'one last hug' and tell them how much she 'loved them.'

"You always told me that everything happens for a reason, but I'm having a really hard time trying to understand the reason for this,' BF wrote, addressing her slain roommate Mogen

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO the father needs the info on the intended target so he can continue with his own investigation. His goal is to find the perp in case LE couldn't.
There is no obligation for LE to give him any info that could compromise the investigation of K’s death, much less the deaths of E, X and M.
The issue is not his discretely asking LE for info.
The issue is him publicizing new case facts to the public.
LE does not have an end goal to find the killer. LE has an obligation to get the evidence that will lead to a DA being able to prosecute and put the murderer away- or get him the death penalty.
K’s father’s concerns do not rise above in importance to that of LE or the DA.
In fact a judge could put out a Gag Order so he or no one else couldn’t talk to the public about the case. IF a judge does that and he continues to speak, he could go to jail.

So the games being played in the public view and what is happening behind the scenes may not be at all the same thing.

All have one goal in common- to catch the guy. My guess is they are working together and a lot of this is not what it appears To be.

Addition after watching his interview Fox and Friends this AM…
He shared a third piece of info not confirmed by LE. Hmmm, I’m not sure what he thinks he is accomplishing but if justice can’t be serve because he keeps talking, a Gag Order would make sense.

JMO

JMO

Last edited:
“each of the six bedrooms has its own coded lock”
Many people probably only lock their rooms when they're away (if at all).

Even with my house, I never bother to lock the door when I'm at home even though I always lock it when I go out (unless I'm just going for a walk around the block or something like that).

"[Xana's mom] wasn’t sure whether the updated lock was on the Moscow home’s front door or on Kernodle’s bedroom — each of the six bedrooms has its own coded lock — but was certain Kernodle’s father had tinkered with one just before the quadruple murder." Locks on Idaho college house were fixed weekend before killings, victim’s mom says

The thing is, locks are only useful if used/engaged. I have never had a coded lock in my house, only rentals I've used on vacations, and some of them, the door automatically locked once you were inside. For others, there was a "lock" button on them you had to push to lock it. Unless these coded locks meant the doors automatically locked when shut, even with brand new locks, it doesn't mean they were used. I am not saying that to criticize anyone, it's just a fact. To be completely honest, if I was living in a house with a bunch of roommates I was close to and trusted, I don't know that I would lock my interior bedroom door, at least not prior to something like this happening. MOO

MOO….. LE may be gathering DNA from the 1st floor (as noted by Brian E last night) because they are defining various DNA results that have come back. Taking more defined/isolated DNA samples now. They are figuring out whose DNA is whose & if there’s DNA from someone outside the residence (very likely). They are putting the “persons” to the DNA.

Also, LE needs to have a lengthy & supprtive chat asap with SG.
IMHO
I feel like they must have last night just based on his demeanor this morning.

Remind me to never take off 36 hours. I try to read or at least skim through most missed posts. A few things are on my mind after that interview and a recent post about the knife again. We're all inundated here with sick sadistic murder when it comes to true crime. That's my disclaimer.

1. I believe K's dad does think that it was her who was targeted. The "didn't have to go upstairs" statement tells me that had he targeted E and X, he would have left. He went upstairs with a purpose.
2. I believe that the wounds not matching is what a few have eluded to before. I'm guessing 3 of the victims had upper torso injuries and K had those as well as injuries to her genitalia. Would certainly not be the first time a sicko had targeted specific body parts to send a message or take vengeance. The whole "If I can''t have it, no one can" mentality comes to my mind. Yes, I'm still on my jealous incel loser type of killer.
3. The knife. I remember when we were all speculating about LE saying to look for something "that is not there"...or something along those lines. I agree that this guy holds that knife in some high regard. Maybe...if John Doe used to always carry the knife on his belt in a sheath....he's wearing it in the few selfies he may be in....then suddenly stops wearing it. Or his few friends notice that he suddenly doesn't have it in his car...when he always did.

Just a few things that bounced through my head as I was catching up.

No, I don‘t think LE has released the autopsy reports to the families.
I’m not sure it is standard to release them or how long LE can hold them.
If the families have the autopsies and toxicology then they have much more information than they are letting on. They are claiming they know nothing.

The idea that one of them was killed in a different way than the others is a huge investigative important fact, and the details surrounding that should not be released to the public.
If one was killed in a very different way than the others it supports that one was targeted, and would put the public’s mind at ease that others may not be in danger.

Why on earth would a family push to give info to the public that could hinder the investigation?
If they keep releasing info- LE can put out a gag order. There is no gag order, so that makes me wonder why these games are being played at all. Much more is happening that we do not know about.

JMO
Autopsy reports are held until an investigation is completed.
Death certificates are given to the family, prepared by the funeral home.
Once the investigation is complete, the Coroner will record and certify the death certificate to reflect the cause and manner of death.
Latah County Coroner

JMO
BBM.

How often does that actually happen, though? LE gives a grieving parent the go ahead to work the investigation with them via a publicity tour?

I'm a type A personality with no filter. I don’t know when to shut my mouth. The good news is I have a tribe who can shut me up with a certain look.

JMO

I was also thinking of that 9 pm local LE force visit last night.

JMO. They may went to collect more samples of bodily luquids and/or did some tests like using night goggles, for example.

It was discussed little how the killer moved around in darkness albeit assumption is that they were somehow familiar with the interior of the house. Even in my own house on the new moon night i would not be able to see well in the dark. He must have had some night vision tool used also as a mask covering large part of his face, he was too arrogantly confident to walk around the house full of people without taking precautions not to be recognised if confronted by one of the tenants

If LE went to collect more samples, then there is a question what had prompted them to do so on the weekend night 3 weeks along the investigaton?

As they left with large paper bags, one of the reasons they must have went back to the house was to collect more evidence and they needed to do so either a) during night when is dark & to run some rests than had to be done w/o light or b) asap

To me, the reason could be that they quickly eliminated that the killer did not go to the first floor where the surviving girls slept and did not take many samples from that area. Or they needed to take more samples to clarify some mixed/confused forensics results.

One way or another it may be unusual visit, but lets hope it is in line with LE determination to pinpoint the killer and make arrests when ready, hopefully soon

Regarding the killer moving around the house—do we know that the house WAS dark? Some people are big on night lights, and it might be possible that the kids living there weren’t the best at turning off lights when they left the room, either—many people aren’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson