ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
speculation
LE need to fix that immediately.
Those families are all victims.
They get my compassion and support how ever they choose to deal with it all.
Imo. SG is not looking for reassurance. He is looking for LE to identify and arrest the perp
today if not sooner. At this point it appears he cares little about policy and procedure.
He even seems a bit antagonistic towards LE. He just wants to seemingly get his hands on the killer.
Understandable. I wonder where his friends are and what they are counseling him to do.
Right now it’s like he cannnot see the forest for the trees. Just my opinion only. He obviously gets to grieve as he sees fit without my judgement even if it’s puzzling to me.

"Steven and Kristi Goncalves recently spoke out about the murder of their daughter Kaylee as patience dwindles for the Moscow, Idaho police department three weeks into the unsolved killings. Dailymail.com has reached out to the police for comment.

Kaylee Goncalves, 21, Maddie Mogen, 21, Xana Kernodle, 20 and Ethan Chapin, 20, were all stabbed to death on November 13, likely while they were sleeping, according to the Latah County coroner. Police have not yet named any suspects, persons of interest or a motive in the case.

'I'll cut to the chase – their means of death don't match,' Kaylee's father, Steven Goncalves, told Lawrence Jones Cross Country on Saturday. He has said that Kaylee and Mogen were sleeping in the same bed when the attack occurred.

'Their points of damage don't match,' he added. 'I'm just going to say it. It wasn't leaked to me. I earned that. I paid for that funeral. … I sent my daughter to college. She came back in a box, and I can speak on that."
That again suggests one was killed with a knife and the other via a different means.

Sincere question: So how does SG know the “means” of death between KG & MM and the difference he alluded to? What is he using for comparison? He did state there was a difference & declined specifying who was targeted in the last two (most recent) interviews. I’d like to hear your take….
I have no idea but I think it’s possible the target may have been strangled first and then stabbed. He then went on to stab and kill the rest to take the focus off the target.
JMO

K's dad clarifies here that he was in fact talking about going up steps to the third floor.

I have no idea but I think it’s possible the target may have been strangled first and then stabbed. He then went on to stab and kill the rest to take the focus off the target.
JMO

Did the Medical Examiner determine the cause of death as stabbing? I thought that the coroner stated publicly that all four victims died from stabbing.

@Sister Golden Hair I will tell you that there is a slippery slope on "casual questions" and "interrogation". And the issue that LEO can use deception during questioning.

My own opinion, if you have been in this house, get contacted by the police, answer a few questions, if the interview is longer than five minutes, and they want to talk to you at the police station, get an attorney.
I will also add this link again for those who want to know, but regardless of what it's called, custodial interrogation begins when there's a good chance the police aren't going to let you get up and leave:

If you were in the house and you go to LE, that's smart. Take an attorney, not just for your own protection but for that of LE as well - no question about intent or how information was received.

If LE is asking a question to which they believe they know the answer and are asking with intent, it doesn't matter what they label it, and most people do not realize that there are very few questions they have to answer for LE.

“Interrogation” and “interview” are not synonyms; they have very different purposes and employ very different tactics. Interviews are used in an investigation to gather information — objective facts — by asking open-ended questions and allowing the witness to supply the evidence. Police conduct interviews when they don’t yet know the answers to the questions they are asking.

Interrogations, on the other hand, are designed to extract confessions where police already have other concrete evidence connecting the suspect to the crime. Most officers are trained in specific interrogation techniques that are intended to be used against seasoned adult criminals. Because interrogations are so coercive, there’s a danger in using them, rather than an investigation, to solve a crime: They can produce false confessions that blind officers to other objective evidence

Edgar Allan Poe wrote, "A wrong is unredressed when retribution overtakes its redresser. It is equally unredressed when the avenger fails to make himself felt as such to him who has done the wrong."

If this as a personal attack motivated by a desire to avenge some perceived slight, such as rejection by one of the girls, then the killer might have wanted the victims to see his face; he might have wanted his face to be the last thing they saw as they lay dying.

That said, I am not married to any particular theory as to the motive.
BBM

This is very interesting, considering that Xana might have had defensive wounds (per her father.)

MOO

Imo. SG is not looking for reassurance. He is looking for LE to identify and arrest the perp
today if not sooner. At this point it appears he cares little about policy and procedure.
He even seems a bit antagonistic towards LE. He just wants to seemingly get his hands on the killer.
Understandable. I wonder where his friends are and what they are counseling him to do.
Right now it’s like he cannnot see the forest for the trees. Just my opinion only. He obviously gets to grieve as he sees fit without my judgement even if it’s puzzling to me.
I think he needs to feel heard.
They're never going to give him an opportunity to upset their investigation but they can give him their time.
He's there, he could well have discovered things. People may well talk to him before they talk to LE.
A lot of that talk is possibly nonsense, he's possibly too hurt to discern.

Bingo - and fingers crossed it's all of the above. but even if none of that is there, if it went through the us mail, postmark on it.

So possibly DNA on sealed envelope? Fingerprints? Handwriting analysis? Printer/ink comparisons?
I assume they get residential mail delivery there. Just mentioning that because it would mean the physical address had to be known, not a PO Box.

I'm thinking DNA or fingerprints. Especially inside the envelope or package.

I wonder if it showed up after the murders? If it was opened, would they need permission?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member