ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought related to SG's recent interview on Fox: he directly mentions the University being harmed (implied: its image, its ability to recruit new students and retain current ones). He says:

"... The communication is not the same as the boots on ground. All the officers that are out on the streets, those guys are working their tails off, but there’s a different person doing the communication, and that guy’s sitting with the lawyer, and that guy’s sitting there telling him, “You know, you gotta protect things that are beyond the case, like the town and the community, and the–the college itself.” Those don’t matter as much to me. I mean, I definitely don’t wanna hurt them, but, um, I have an agenda, and I think it’s pretty clear. It’s these two girls, and, uh, that’s what I’m working for, and I’m not gonna let that story fall apart just because they don’t want wanted posters on their next rush of students that come into town." (link to source)

It is interesting to step back a little from the investigation and think more broadly about how LE is handling this case because of the UI -- higher ed is a business, among other things, and this event is extremely harmful for its ability to continue making a profit. It's going to be very, very bad if they do not have a suspect in custody before the spring semester begins, IMO. All this is to say that I think LE is making certain choices in the interest of protecting Moscow's premier institution -- this can explain why they continue to push the idea that this was a "targeted" crime in some way, and their decision to quickly revoke the shelter in place that went out briefly after the victims were discovered.

It's a long shot, but there is some (justified) speculation about the house being targeted for its association with UI's Greek life and community -- in that case, it is as much an attack against the victims and the Greek community in Moscow as it is against the university itself. I'm definitely not suggesting that the best interest of the university trumps justice for the victims and their families (from my perspective or from LE's), but I think this context is absolutely important to understanding the investigation and even the potential motive(s) of the perp. All MOO.
I hear you but I do not see the FBI buying into it.
Not because I think they're infallible but because they are Federal.

also on the plan of floor 2 - the stairs leading from floor 2 to floor 3 are missing
No the stairs are there. I circled them in this photo. The different floors are staggered. You can see that on the streetview image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204-125341_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221204-125341_Gallery.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 36
Why not putting up posters? Like if you have any information or you were in the area before or on 13th and noticed something or someone acting unusually, watching 1122 or behaving suspiciously, please contact that and that numbers?

It will give some purpose, something to do to families.

Can someone explain why that may be a bad idea?
Not sure if anyone has said this yet, I am behind. Right now LE is swamped with tips coming in and probably have a substantial backlog. Each tip takes up precious man hours to clear, and they all must be acted upon. Issuing a reward on posters would creat a huge response at this point, and just add to the backlog, when in fact, if there is a tip that can help, they may already have it. So now is not the time to advertise for a reward for more info - it would be best to wait until the tips drop off and the leads are all drying up. Asking for very focused specific info through the media is still the best way to go. IMHO.

Elliott Rodger targeted a certain sorority house in the Isla Vista shootings as they were known as the "hottest".
Ohh yes! I just watched an almost 2 hour documentary about him recently. Chilling. The amount of hatred he had for sorority girls (and men too) was terrifying to witness in all of his YT videos. I could definitely see a possibly of a similar thing here with this case. IMO

Last edited:
I took that statement as him saying the killer didn’t need to go upstairs— his target wasn’t up there.
But then he went upstairs anyway, even though he entered on the second floor where Ethan and Xana were. I agree his statement (and the entire interview, frankly) is confusing. It's definitely up for debate, and nothing has been confirmed from LE, but his additional comment about the difference between M and K's wounds suggests one or the other was potentially targeted. At least that is what I take him to be saying. Edited to say that this information has not been released, nor confirmed, by LE.

Last edited:
Sometimes it seems that non-profit is a ruse. NY Times recently did an expose about non-profit hospital in WA state whereby Board members were getting million $ salaries or bonuses and had many corrupt policies re pts.
That and like mentioned earlier that Universities are Mandatory Reporters, not all staff has the morals the rest of the staff do. imo

Absolutely. My comments about the University simply stem from my own experience working in higher ed -- even non-profit institutions depend upon tuition from students (and retaining / recruiting a student body) in order to remain open for business. It remains to be seen how this crime will or will not affect the University.
I agree with you and base my opinion off of working in higher ed as well. I can’t imagine that spring enrollments won’t go down if they don’t get a strong handle on what happened and why soon.

Edit for typo.

I took it to mean he had paid for her funeral and as next of kin he was given a death certificate.
That is not the same as an autopsy report.
LE will get that.
Ok. Edited my post if that’s what he was saying

Sorry if it’s been discussed but do we know for sure that the bedroom M & K were killed in had a lock on its door that requires a code to unlock it? So if the door was locked the killer would need to know the code? Yes many would have had the code to the main door but how many would have room codes?

In a recent interview with K's dad, he suggests that because the killer didn't "have to go upstairs" (having entered from the sliding glass door on the second floor), M or K is the target. In the interview, he also suggest M and K had different wounds. Here is the link to the interview.
I don’t think we can confirm or even somewhat confirm the possible target based on SG’s comments. These are his thoughts, not facts from LE.

MOO

(ebm: Same goes for the wounds)

Ok. Edited my post if that’s what he was saying
It was in either last night's Fox or this mornings' Fox. My impression isn't necessarily more accurate than yours, check for yourself.
Don't take my word, I quite often have it dead wrong.

I don’t think we can confirm or even somewhat confirm the possible target based on SG’s comments. These are his thoughts, not facts from LE.

MOO
Agree -- and you're right I should not have used the language "confirmed" in this case. I wanted to clarify where I got the information from. In the interview, he alludes to LE not being happy with some of his comments, and he also says there's certain things they have asked him not to share.

Sorry if it’s been discussed but do we know for sure that the bedroom M & K were killed in had a lock on its door that requires a code to unlock it? So if the door was locked the killer would need to know the code? Yes many would have had the code to the main door but how many would have room codes?
If you look at my last 2 comments from a few minutes ago you'll see the stairs lead right into their bedroom with no door at all, unless there is a door on the 2nd floor stair way that leads up to the 3rd floor. If it is electronic, then it was either left open, someone had the code or the murderer got the code from the 2nd floor victims, or literally broke the door open.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204-125341_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221204-125341_Gallery.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 40
Not sure how accurate thus map is because
it has now been said the 2 girls on the 3rd floor were in the same bed.. The map shows them in separate rooms.. interesting to note the stairs from the 2nd floor lead right into the master bedroom where KG was labeled as victim #3 (if LE has determined the order of death correctly) so if both girls were indeed in the same room, the stairs led right to them.
As for the 2nd floor...just speculation but the bathroom is set outside of the room so if the murderer caught the boyfriend there, then it was just a matter of time before XK would come out to look for her bf. The map shows they were both in bed though.
I'm also wondering if maybe since the murderer came in thru the 2nd floor slider if they didn't even know there were 2 more girls sleeping downstairs.

This is an old floorplan from before they upgraded it to 6 bed/3 baths

I believe SG said he hired a private autopsy (I’m presuming with M’s family), that’s how he knows that both girls had different means of death as he put it.

Quoted for focus. Did he say "means of death" somewhere? The interview I saw on Fox (posted on page 2, I think), said "points of damage." Means of death would lead me to think one was killed in a different manner (in addition to be stabbed, could have also been strangled) whereas "points of damage" would make me think they were stabbed or cut in different areas of the body.

MOO.

Last edited:
If you look at my last 2 comments from a few minutes ago you'll see the stairs lead right into their bedroom with no door at all, unless there is a door on the 2nd floor stair way that leads up to the 3rd floor. If it is electronic, then it was either left open, someone had the code or the murderer got the code from the 2nd floor victims, or literally broke the door open.
those stairs circled r from 1st flr to 2nd

AFAIK we know nothing about the locks except what was mentioned by Xana’s mother in an interview. Nothing has come from LE.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member