ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid that isn't true--always. Bundy was much admired, even thought of as future political leader. BTK was church elder or deacon. Many have "normal" family lives.
Totally agree IMO - its only in hindsight that it seems that people say well maybe that person was a little off or I suspected something. I don't recall BTK's family or inner circle turning him in. One of his neighbors even trusted him enough to tell him where her spare house key was iirc and he used that key to lay in wait for her and she became one of his victims. I have found in life that most people are so wrapped up in their own stuff that they can be easily fooled by others. IMO and world I don't find psychological awareness to be at the top of the list of common traits most people exhibit
Especially when you are in college - so many kids are on some type of med for depression/anxiety adhd etc - that it is kind of common to be more toleratant of differences even than past generations.
Also as others have mentioned in these threads college age is when some of the more problematic psychological problems appear. Combine that with any type of substance abuse and you sometimes can have a recipe for disaster. IMO

I don't think parents making repairs to their child's apt/lock indicates any reason for suspicion. My hubby is constantly fixing things at my girls' college apts because the management company notoriously takes forever to fix things. And a lock would be the first thing fixed by a dad worried about their kids safety.
I did not mean to imply that fixing a lock constitutes suspicious activity. It just made me think that usually entire family of a victim will be screened so why not include their names on the "cleared" list? Too obvious?

I wonder if one girl may have beeb strangled or beaten to death, while also being stabbed? Maybe the actual cause of her death was strangulation? imo

Then that's what the coroner would say and file in the report.

Instead, they are adamant that all victims died of stab wounds. If someone is actually strangled, they will easily know that and say it.

The idea of targeting the house doesn't seem valid to me. What would be the reason to target the house? And lets say someone hates the house for whatever reason, wouldn't they then harm the house (burn it down, etc?).
Could something have happened to said person in the house. Assualt, bullied, denied entry. Could have even been past renters, person Could always identify the house as the place of torment and people inside as, cruel, mean, snobby whatever.

I have, since the beginning, thought that carotids/jugulars were sliced/stabbed on the sleeping victims. I’m assuming this suspect is an avid hunter and knows how to deal a devastating, deathly blow without a lot of fanfare. I think he knows how to kill a deer, elk, or other large animal with minimal blood/bodily fluids getting on him or his clothes. I think we will discover that the wounds on the victims are similar in nature and location… not just haphazard stabbing in various locations. According to the floor plan, I think the head of Zanas bed was against the wall with the bloody exterior bc those two victims bled out in the same location. I think one victim had defense wounds woke up, one was the overkill target, and two were just gotten out of the way. I do not believe any of them got out of bed to go check on anything or discovered anything. This guy has some pent up rage and he’s used to killing… just not humans.

I think this person is not a student. I think he is in the victims’ OUTER circle but not inner circle. I think this person met the group at previous times at bars, other party locations. I’d bet he even has exchanged phone numbers/social media with at least one victim but never had the courage to actually contact them. Lives with his mother or grandmother or alone and his alibi would be that he was hunting, which absolutely would not be abnormal to be gone that early in the morning from his home. He had all day to clean up and even if he had blood on his camo clothing, it would not be suspicious. I live in Deep South hunting land and it wouldn’t be suspicious at all for me to see a guy dressed in camo with mud or blood on him. I would just assume he’d been hunting. I would never assume a murder. He’s hidden the knife somewhere on the land/property that he hunts on. There are hundreds of places to hide such a thing.

The only thing about my profile that sticks out is that this same type of person usually loves their truck. It will have after market tires, a lift, maybe a wench… other things that make it unique. Maybe a 4wheeler or side by side loaded in the bed. He parked and walked. If they could just locate this type of vehicle on cameras and connect it with someone, I believe they would have a suspect.

This is allllllll my opinion and completely hypothetical and speculation.
Hunter's don't kill with knives. They kill with high powered rifles. Nothing about being a hunter relates in any way to stabbing humans to death.

I asked the same exact thing yesterday (even the part about setting fire to it). Like what does targeting a house even mean? Is someone enraged by the structure, the design, the materials used in its construction …… or the people who live in it?
some examples:
--Clutter family in Kansas (basis of "In Cold Blood"), perps targeted the house because they thought there was a money stash

--Charles Manson told his followers to go to Cielo Drive because someone he felt slighted by had lived there (i've read conflicting statements as to whether or not he knew the man no longer lived there, but the motive did seem to be to kill whoever happened to be at that particular house)

But you have no idea of the guy's life. He might leave the country around this time every year to visit family for the holidays. There is literally a million other legit reasons he could have for leaving the country. Oh yeah, and he has been publicly cleared by LE so I don't see any red flags.

Also , did you all notice the caveat ?

' seemingly'

this is a typical CYA insertion from reporter when the source cannot substantiate the claim ( legals - or worse if you think it through)

i just have to say that if the guilty person is someone around the food truck that night on video then this would have to be the easiest case to solve. it just can’t be unless I am taking crazy pills.

Are you following the Delphi case? It took LE 5.5 years to arrest a man who placed himself on the bridge wearing the clothes of the perp at the time of the murder. The delay was due to a "misplaced" tip narrative. So I wouldn't be so quick to discount the person at the truck. For whatever reason(s), the family can't move past him!

Been almost 2 weeks with no update from MPD. Seems kinda long.
From all I have read on post crime behavior fleeing the area is a huge red flag. esp after you get talked to by PD

The information about the ring camera was obtained/disclosed by KG's sister very early but I don't recall if she identified the source/residence/location. MOO
I am only curious because if it caught M&K arriving, did it catch E&X? The two survivors? Who else? Is LE basing the estimates on when everyone arrived home on their cell phone data or the ring video?

In initial interview stage if I were LE I’d be asking every male if they are willing to take a DNA test.
I'm torn on this. I expect that's exactly what they are doing. But there are some people that just don't want to have their DNA taken.
I would be one of them.
And then additional resources would be wasted by investigating those people that simply have a thing about privacy rights.
While the killer just goes on his merry way.

For it to be other than coincidence, I cannot even imagine how long that rage would have had to simmer until a couple with the right initials, one of which is rare, came along.

Moo

But would this theory of the killer rule out a frat member, since they would know that the initials Sigma Chi stood for "S" and "X" in the Latin alphabet? I think it would only look like "E" and "X" to someone who was not intimately familiar with Greek life.

I still go with Occam’s razor. It’s either one of the people on the ruled out for the moment list (which isn’t really cleared at all),or it’s a stalker/Bundy type. Simplicity first. I’m leaning toward it Was someone local and someone one of them knew, either closely or peripherally.
also just statistically speaking it is likely to be a male they knew in some capacity (not saying a close relationship per se).

i just have to say that if the guilty person is someone around the food truck that night on video then this would have to be the easiest case to solve. it just can’t be unless I am taking crazy pills.
They did take over 100 orders that night. But i agree and sometimes i wonder if some of the rumours about people at the grub truck are from people who need content for their podcast to get views.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member